Disney Discovery Lodge - name survey

peabody58

I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!
Just finished a survey regarding the name of a potential DVC resort, Disney Discovery Lodge. They asked a lot of questions about how the name invokes certain touchy/feely responses, and then it gave a brief description pf the resort with a few artists renditions. My take was the resort is trying to be a cross between AKL/BLT and CCV with an isolated upscale exclusiveness feel. No info of food offerings, pool, activities, etc. I would suspect this is the rumored resort at the FW location.

I did the survey today too but they called it Reflections, a Disney lodge. Same type of questions about what “reflections lodge” makes you think about. Definitely looked upscale. My negatives I listed in my survey was it seemed more for adults than families (which is not really a negative for many people but would be for me) and that it seemed too similar to copper creek. It really focused on being lakeside and providing outdoor activities. I wish I would’ve screenshot the artist rendering but it did look super nice and I immediately thought well I won’t have enough points to stay there!

@juju12345 - I got the same as you, except I could have sworn mine was “Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge”. I also wish that I had taken some screenshots, especially when it came to the concept art and description. The thing I found odd is that nowhere in the description did it mention actually being near a lake or overlooking a lake, just cypress trees and views of nature. If it were actually near or on a lake in a mountainous area - in other words NOT in Florida, I would absolutely want to stay there.

Interesting. Not a fan of the 'Reflections' name, Discovery Lodge isn't so bad as long as there' a reason for the word Discovery. Maybe it'll have some kind of educational aspect?

Odd that they are doing another lodge type hotel so close to BRV/CCV. I guess for that particular location there's only so many themes that would fit.

Here are my suggestions:
1) Call it BRV and go back to calling the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, V-W-L, which it will always be to me. They can put in as many fake boulders at the new location as they did at VWL.
2) Call it Enchanted Woods Villas and move Snow White and the character meal to the new location where it would be more appropriate.
3) How about Reflections at Disney's Discovery Island River Country Colors of Nature Resort? Shorten it to MO$$.

pirate:

I got the survey with the name "Disney's Colors of Nature" Resort
I put in my opinions at the end and wished them luck in trying to convey the idea of the resort in name only without making it sound like a retirement village or drug rehab facility:teeth:. "Reflections Lodge" sounds like somewhere I would go to kick a habit:drinking1.

Here are my suggestions:
1) Call it BRV and go back to calling the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, V-W-L, which it will always be to me. They can put in as many fake boulders at the new location as they did at VWL.
2) Call it Enchanted Woods Villas and move Snow White and the character meal to the new location where it would be more appropriate.
3) How about Reflections at Disney's Discovery Island River Country Colors of Nature Resort? Shorten it to MO$$.

pirate:

MO$$. Sleepy you crack me up. :rotfl2:

So now the question is, who thinks this newly-announced DVC is the property which is the subject of the survey?

Discovery Island Lodge is less awful.

They will something lame like Lakeside Lodge. Which is still better than Colors of nature Resort.

I agree that Discovery Island Lodge sounds better, but not accurate. And since Discovery Island is now a protected wetland could Disney open it back up to the guests of the resort?

I think Kat4Disney mentioned the Les Villages Nature at Disneyland Paris on another thread. http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/hotels/villages-nature-paris/ I think it is an interesting resort, but not what Americans would think as something related to Nature. Surely there is an English name that could include the word nature. I definitely do not care for Colors of Nature Resort-too Pocohontas to me. And it brings to mind the word failure since the movie was such a bust. I don't really want the name to be Woodlands to similar to Wilderness and all the communities everywhere call Woodlands. Why not just call it Disney Nature Resort? It works with the movies. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter