Disney Dollars??

Susie-Q

Earning My Ears
So let me just get this straight! Disney dollars are the equivalent of regular money, right? So, if at the end of my trip I have a ton of disney dollars left, can I just cash them in at my disney resort for U.S. money?? Or do I have to wait till I get home and go to a Disney store?? Or can I not exchange them for real money at all??

I've been saving my pennies for quite some time so I'll have a whole lot of disney money. Maybe even too much, but is that even possible??? :)

First---there is no such thing as too much Disney money.:D

Disney Dollars are REAL money at WDW and the Disney Stores. They can used for anything at any Disney owned facility (restaurants, hotels, stores, etc.) There has been a recent change in the rules regarding trading in Disney Dollars at the Disney Store--you now must have the receipt that shows you pruchased them. I'm not sure if WDW has the same policy.

what about earning them through reward programs...they come with no receipt

Yeah - or what if you get them through a package?? I think with the Deluxe plan you get $100 disney dollars. I bet it's use it or lose it, right?

Regarding the policy of needing receipts to cash in Disney Dollars: Is this just to cash them in for money or also to spend them at the resorts and Disney stores in the park? We have quite a few of them from rewards programs and our children have been given Disney dollars as gifts. There are no receipts. If they are as good as money at Disney it doesn't seem to make sense that you would need a receipt to spend them.

Can Disney dollars be put on the room when I first arrive? Then charge the PS to the room. Will the PS be paid by the Disney dollars? I have quite alot of Disney dollars and cash saved up (been saving for 7 months now) and I was thinking of putting the disney dollars on the room charge and using the cash for the food carts, etc.

You don't need to show a receipt to spend them, only to cash them in. Note: this is only a TDS policy, I'm not 100% certain if this is a WDW policy.

without a receipt. We just did this on Thursday 07/26 at the DD World of Disney store, at the information desk :-)

This may be a dumb question, but, why do you use disney dollars? Are there advantages to using them over US dollars?

These are much easier to save up than cash. Once a month since Jan Ive been going to Disney store and charging $100 to buy disney dollars. These will be used for our PS meals. Once we checkin to Wilderness Lodge I will put these on the room charge. Its much easier for me to pay $100 each month than to pay a $1,000 credit card bill after trip.
Also Ive been using them for report cards, tooth fairy, birthdays, valentines day, easter bunny so my son and husband will have some spending money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter