Disney Dream - 9th Deck 9642 vs 9668 Question

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
Hi,

So, I'm going on a cruise in January with some friends. I've booked Stateroom 9668, but looking at 9642. For those who know... would there be any considerable benefit in changing my cabin from 9668 to 9642?

Thanks, everyone!

Hi,

So, I'm going on a cruise in January with some friends. I've booked Stateroom 9668, but looking at 9642. For those who know... would there be any considerable benefit in changing my cabin from 9668 to 9642?

Thanks, everyone!
The only advantage I see between the two rooms, is 9642 is more midship. Unless there's a significant price difference between the two, I'd take that one.

From the deck plans, stateroom 9668 has a solid wall veranda whereas 9642 would be the clear railing. For those of short stature who want to sit on their veranda and watch the ocean go by, 9642 would be better, IMHO.

From the deck plans, stateroom 9668 has a solid wall veranda whereas 9642 would be the clear railing. For those of short stature who want to sit on their veranda and watch the ocean go by, 9642 would be better, IMHO.
On the Dream the "solid" wall verandahs are only about shin high, unlike the Magic class where it's the entire wall below the railing.

On the Dream the "solid" wall verandahs are only about shin high, unlike the Magic class where it's the entire wall below the railing.
Do you mean that all of the veranda's on the Dream are plexiglass. No white wall? I haven't stayed in a Veranda room on the Dream yet.

Pretty sure all 4 ships have Navigator's Verandas that have the white wall.
Yes, but she was saying the white wall is only shin high. That's what I am wondering about. Whether any of the white walls are chest high like the other ships.

Yes, but she was saying the white wall is only shin high. That's what I am wondering about. Whether any of the white walls are chest high like the other ships.

I have only stayed in a Navigator's verandah many years ago on either the Magic or the Wonder, so I will have to let someone else give you their expert input. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter