Disney Dream Bahamas Cruise January 28, 2019

Hi! This is our first cruise ever! So excited! We’ll have a 6 year old and 15 month old. My dd is nervous about going into the kids club by herself.

Hi! This is our first cruise ever! So excited! We’ll have a 6 year old and 15 month old. My dd is nervous about going into the kids club by herself.

I am a little nervous about the kids club too! We have a 9 and 4 year old, but also in our group we will have a 6, 10, and 11 year old. Hopefully there will be a lot to entertain all the different ages! I would love to be able to sneak away for a drink or to just go read a book!

Hello! This will be our first Disney cruise. Hubs and I just finished our first cruise ever on Royal Caribbean and had to book a trip with our kids ASAP. We have 2 boys and they will be 7 and 2 when we cruise. We have been watching kids club videos on YouTube and our oldest is super excited.

I am not on this cruise, but on the week before yours. Happened to notice your posts and wanted to reply. My kids were 7, 5 and 5 when we first went on a DCL cruise. We were also very nervous. I also have a non verbal autistic son so we were really nervous about him. We watched lots of DCL videos on YouTube that included Kids Club so they knew what to expect and I think that helped. My kids LOVED kids club!!!!!! The first words out of their mouths in the morning was "Kids Club"! Mind you, I have a very shy daughter as well. They will give you an itinerary every morning of what is scheduled for Kids Club. My shy daughter gravitated towards the crafts and scavenger hunts. My daughter even made a Kids Club friend and they would try and be there at the same time. This really made the cruise that much more special. My daughter still keeps in touch with her. My 2 youngest loved everything! I couldn't believe how alive my Autistic son became! The staff was awesome!!! My husband and I agreed that this was actually more of a cruise for parents than the kids. We got to sit and read on the deck in peace and quiet knowing that our kids were happy and being taken care of. Once we even snuck away to our room, ordered Room Service and took a nap!! Heaven!!!! We even placed the kiddos in Kids Club at Jamaica and got off the boat without kids!! WooHoo! They will give you a phone so they can get in touch with you at any moment. The kids wear a wrist band that will literally locate your child at their exact location at any given moment. Felt very comfortable with the security of the Kids Club. I hoped this helped. Once again, I think watching the videos on YouTube really helped and make sure that you explore kids club with them before you set sail. Once you set sail, adults are NOT allowed in the Kids Club area! Have a great time!!!

Hi! This will be our 2nd Disney Cruie. We took this exact cruise 3 years ago. Now our three daughters will be 7,5, and 4. The last time we went only my oldest was able to go into the kids club so I am excited that all 3 can go this time. My parents went with us the first tine and they will be joining us on this one as well.

This will be our third Disney cruise - and the second part of a back-to-back. We're also on the 3 night that leaves Jan 25th. IlI' be sailing with my husband and 6 yr old son.

He was 3 1/2 when we took our first Disney cruise. I, too, was nervous about the kids club. So we took him a couple of times when they had the parent open house. They usually do it on embarkation day and a few other times. It will show on your daily personal navigator. It helped him get used to it and he loved it. He played in Andy's room, pretended to fly the Millennium falcon - but his favorite was story time with Belle.

This will be our third DC and my son is turning 6 on this one. He went to the kids club a fair but last time but we also did a lot together. I think he will go more this time. It is definitely an awesome experience for them :)

Hi! Just booked this cruise for myself (45), DH (41), and DS (5). DH and I have been on 3 DCL cruises, but the last one was 2011. I am fairly nervous about kids club too. DS has very high-functioning autism and ADHD. He's very social but boy does he forget the rules of personal space and that not everyone wants to talk about Legos and star wars 24/7 . When he gets really excited his impulse control is sort of like a chihuahua after 4 qts of Mountain Dew. I know he'll love the stuff in there though. Particularly the millennium falcon.

After 3 cruises as DINKS, it will be very strange to sail as a parent! I'm used to dozing by the adult pool, Palo and reading a book and drinking tropical drinks at Serenity Beach, etc. It should be bananas seeing it from the other side. But also a very nice break to take a family vacation for once where everything is already planned for me! That being said, I know one thing will still be true and that's how much it stinks to return home and the first time you get hungry you realize an already prepared meal is no longer just a few floors away

Anyone doing few days at WDW too?

This is our first Disney Cruise also. Does anyone know about the Fish Extender program or how to sign up?

I am a little nervous about the kids club too! We have a 9 and 4 year old, but also in our group we will have a 6, 10, and 11 year old. Hopefully there will be a lot to entertain all the different ages! I would love to be able to sneak away for a drink or to just go read a book!

This is our second cruise and I highly recommend the kids clubs. During our first cruise by lunch time, my 11 and 9 year old didn't want to meet with my husband and I because they were having a blast.

This will be my first cruise ever and DW's 3rd. She has taken the 7 day Disney cruise and also a Carnival cruise. We have been regular WDW visitors for the past 18 years with the last several years staying at Fort Wilderness. I was a little concerned about taking the cruise. What if I don't like it. I can honestly say that I have never gone to WDW and not loved the time we spent their with our 2 kids or just us. Am I going to finish the cruise and say "I wish we had gone to the parks instead"? Friends who have taken cruises have told me that I will love it especially since it is a Disney cruise. I did tell DW that if she wanted me to cruise that I wanted the first to be on a Disney cruise. Well...…...here we go.

Steve

This will be our first cruise ever! We are very excited, as it will just be me and my wife, since we don’t have kids yet. Spending two days at the parks before we set sail on Monday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter