Disney Dream - Girls Trip

BrytEydBelle

Mouseketeer
Just booked my first DCL cruise and am extremely excited...we have cruised Royal and Carnival and gone to Disney over the years so I figure you can't go wrong combining my two vacation favorites. It will be my baby sister and I going without her boyfriend or my husband, since the guys really aren't too into Disney. Our trip date is May 4th, 2015, too far away for my liking, but will really give me the chance to plan out every aspect of the trip as I like to do.

My one concern about the trip is that it is shorter than I am used to (4 days versus seven), so I will need to plan a few park days in Orlando...oh no :cheer2:. We may do Typhoon Lagoon and either Animal Kingdom or venture to the dark side and check out the newer Harry Potter expansion in Universal. Either way, I cannot wait.

"My one concern about the trip is that it is shorter than I am used to (4 days versus seven), so I will need to plan a few park days in Orlando...oh no . We may do Typhoon Lagoon and either Animal Kingdom or venture to the dark side and check out the newer Harry Potter expansion in Universal. Either way, I cannot wait."

I would say you definitely need a few park days :-) and I would heartily recommend Typhoon Lagoon. As for HP at Universal - meh!!! If you can get there as soon as it opens go for it but if not, I'd stick with Disney all the way.

Update to report - I had planned the perfect trip, staying at AKL, Boardwalk and the Little Mermaid section of AOA in the days before and after the cruise. Sadly, I was awakened a few weeks ago with a sobbing call from my sister. I Had gotten the dates wrong for her break week of college. I have long been the planner for all vacations for my family and I never make mistakes like this. Except this time : (

Being so close to the date of the cruise I would have incurred a huge penalty to cancel (in addition to the non refundable airline tickets for my sister). Luckily my husband was able to get the time off work for the cruise only - did have to cancel hotels since he just got the days of cruise approved.

Our new plan is to drive from SC on Sunday night after he gets off work. I Am hoping he gets off as early as possible since it is an eight hour drive. I like to give myself a big cushion of time for cruising so this is making me very anxious.

I am also worried that my husband won't have a good time as he really isn't a Disney person or a beach person. hopefully keeping him well fed will keep him happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter