Disney Dream has switched to pump bottles for H2O pruducts

gilsan

DIS Veteran
I saw these posted on face book. It looks like they have switched over to the pump bottles.

Screenshot 2019-03-01 14.58.39.png Screenshot 2019-03-01 14.59.15.png

Wow! That is great! I love the products on the ship...and I know people will be disappointed in not being able to take them home, but this is a great move for the environment. I love that they are getting rid of all those tiny plastic bottles. It is good to see Disney making more earth friendly choices across the board.

Wow! That is great! I love the products on the ship...and I know people will be disappointed in not being able to take them home, but this is a great move for the environment. I love that they are getting rid of all those tiny plastic bottles. It is good to see Disney making more earth friendly choices across the board.
I agree, but I prefer a bar of soap to body wash. I will be packing it on future cruises.

I agree, but I prefer a bar of soap to body wash. I will be packing it on future cruises.
I hope that they will still provide bars of soap--DH and I prefer using bars of soap. My kids will use the body wash though. Very odd for them to provide the body wash on the ship though...we had to bring body wash for the kids last summer as the ships didn't provide it (but the DVC Disney World rooms we've stayed in do...)

I saw they were not attached as well. I wonder if it is now a one of each of the new bottles per cruise VS 3 of the mini bottles we would go through.

So they do not appear to be attached in any way like they are at the hotels. What is stopping anyone from taking the entire bottles at the end of the cruise? Not condoning it just pointing it out.

They could be planning on charging people who remove them...like they do with the pillows etc. We got charged once for a laundry bag missing from our room. It wasn't a ton of money but I called to ask what the charge was for and and they said it was missing. I had no way to prove we didn't take it, so we paid for it but I am hyper obsessive about making sure nothing is missing before we get in those rooms now. Anyway, that could be the plan with those too. If they are missing after your cruise, my bet is they will charge you for the cost of them.

I saw they were not attached as well. I wonder if it is now a one of each of the new bottles per cruise VS 3 of the mini bottles we would go through.

I am wondering this also. This will be our first cruise but no way would the mini bottles be enough for me and 3 teenage girls (all long hair) to wash our hair. I had already picked up full sized bottles of our normal stuff to pack instead of having to ask for extra.

I hope that they will still provide bars of soap--DH and I prefer using bars of soap. My kids will use the body wash though. Very odd for them to provide the body wash on the ship though...we had to bring body wash for the kids last summer as the ships didn't provide it (but the DVC Disney World rooms we've stayed in do...)
I'm thinking they've eliminated the bars of soap, since the body wash is shown. Unless that picture was taken in a Concierge room. Body wash used to only be available in Concierge.

I'm thinking they've eliminated the bars of soap, since the body wash is shown. Unless that picture was taken in a Concierge room. Body wash used to only be available in Concierge.
It doesn't appear to be concierge. Also, Concierge still uses Elemis I believe on all of the ships. I could be wrong though.

It doesn't appear to be concierge. Also, Concierge still uses Elemis I believe on all of the ships. I could be wrong though.
Yes, now. But time was that Concierge also got H2O stuff, and they got the body wash plus soap bars. Regular rooms only got the soap bars.

The pump tops look to be an exact match to the ones at the resort. I find those pumpers don’t give enough per pump so have to keep pumping them.

Also curious how many ounces these bottles are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter