Disney Dream January 22, 2018 - 4 Day Bahama Cruise

pixiehallow

Tinker Fairy
Disney Dream January 22, 2018 - 4 Day Bahama Cruise

Whoo Hoo :cool1:
We're going on a Disney Cruise!

As you can tell I am excited to be back on the Dream.
How about you?
Who else is sailing with us?

Disney Dream January 22, 2018 Roll Call
Pixiehallow
lilclerk
Sarah936
DisneyFamilyWI
Meakiais

THICKS863
Megan S
Rachel Botsford
Midwife Erin

Buckeyefamily44805
Angie4mil
LindsayHileman
Bobbi
Pattipook
sica1799

FE List

Midwife Erin
Angie4mil
Pixiehallow
sica1799
Cassandra Groce

Candy/ Snack Exchange
Bobbi
Tink
Pattipook
sica1799

I look forward to meeting y'all!

~Tink~
__________________​

Last edited:
Cabin Crawl or Candy / Snack Exchange
Bobbi
Tink
Pattipook
sica1799

Last edited:

Hey everyone! This will be our first cruise, and I can hardly stand the wait. My triplets will be turning 7 on the cruise and I haven't told them we're going. This is going to be one hard secret to keep.

Hey everyone! This will be our first cruise, and I can hardly stand the wait. My triplets will be turning 7 on the cruise and I haven't told them we're going. This is going to be one hard secret to keep.
Awesome!!!
Welcome to the group Sarah936!!!!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

That is exciting. When and how are you planning the big reveal?

~Tink~

Our last cruise was over the same week this year, and our weather was beautiful, but that is now guarantee. So, I am crossing my fingers too.

~Tink~
Were the seas rough on your trip this year? Our first cruise was in April/May last year, and we didn't feel much motion at all, I'm trying to gauge how different that is in cooler weather.

Were the seas rough on your trip this year? Our first cruise was in April/May last year, and we didn't feel much motion at all, I'm trying to gauge how different that is in cooler weather.
The seas were nice on our last sailing. With no rough days. However, we have sailed during January when we were unable to dock at Castaway Cay because of high winds. In all fairness though, that was during a time when a strong cold front pushed far enough south for Central to South Texas to get snow while we were gone. So, if we are having a mild winter, the Bahamas will be beautiful.

~Tink~

Happy Monday Everyone!!!!
I am going to start something called Monday Forget Me Not's to count down our final 35 Mondays until our cruise. These will be fun little posts (well, sometimes not so little) that will be helpful tidbits (especially for our first time cruisers) I have picked up along my families trek to platinum Castaway Club members (we are currently only Gold, but platinum is not to far off).
Now the big task for me will be to remember Mondays (especially since we have completed school for the year).
Here we go......Week 1 - To Disconnect

Don't forget, that we are all on vacation. Back in the real world, I know that I can not go more than 2 minutes with out one of my mobile devices notifying me that there is something I need to do....read and email, place an order, make a call, eat lunch, .....
And I am sure that this is true for most everyone else as well. But, speaking on behalf of my family, we need time to unplug and enjoy life without all of the distractions.
Disney has made it easy for us to loose contact with the real world. Unlike the parks, they have not provided the passengers with free WiFi (we will be able to use the on board intranet for the Navigator App, but that does not connect us to all of the distractions back home...I will cover that in another post - I promise). If you want to (or have to) log on to check emails, or check in, or anything else, you will either have to pay for each Megabit or wait until we dock and find a free WiFi location. On our last couple of cruises, they have had a special for 50 free megabits if you sign in and claim them before midnight of our first day aboard. I cannot say with absolute certainty that this will still be available, but it is worth keeping an eye out for if you think you will need to feed your digital addictions.
So, take some time away from the digital world and enjoy a stress free, demand free get away.
**Side note, I know as well as anyone that being connected is as much of an addiction as my husbands need to drink at least two 32 oz sodas a day (believe me, his caffeine withdrawals are not pretty). So, plan ahead to start weaning yourself down prior to the trip.

Have a great week!
~Tink~

I am uploading a video version too!

Last edited:
Happy Monday everyone! We have a mere 34 Mondays until we set sail.

In today's Monday Forget me Not's I have a storage and organizational tip to share with you.

Plan to pack a shoe organizer w/ a hook on the top to hang on the towel hook on the inside of the bathroom door (Disney no longer allows over the door hangers. If you use one that goes over the door, you run the risk of getting a repair bill added to your account).
These organizers come in handy when you are trying to keep all of your bathroom stuff organized, out of reach of little hands, and clutter free.

~Tink~

upload_2017-5-22_11-57-40.png
Saw for sale on ebay for $0.99 / free shipping (all you have to add is your own hanger)

16 Pockets Hanging Over Door Shoe Organizer Storage Rack Bag Box

Search: one hook hanging shoe organizer

upload_2017-5-22_11-58-8.png
upload_2017-5-22_11-58-29.png

Happy Monday everyone! We have a mere 34 Mondays until we set sail.

In today's Monday Forget me Not's I have a storage and organizational tip to share with you.

Plan to pack a shoe organizer w/ a hook on the top to hang on the towel hook on the inside of the bathroom door (Disney no longer allows over the door hangers. If you use one that goes over the door, you run the risk of getting a repair bill added to your account).
These organizers come in handy when you are trying to keep all of your bathroom stuff organized, out of reach of little hands, and clutter free.

~Tink~

View attachment 238681
Saw for sale on ebay for $0.99 / free shipping (all you have to add is your own hanger)

16 Pockets Hanging Over Door Shoe Organizer Storage Rack Bag Box

Search: one hook hanging shoe organizer

View attachment 238682
View attachment 238683
Uploading the video!!!

Sorry I missed a few Forget Me Nots,
Here come 2 out of the 3 to get us back on track.

~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone!! We have 32 Monday's until we set sail.

Today's Monday Forget me Not's ties in with last weeks list.

Sun screen - you will be out in the sun more often than usual, and you will be closer to the equator (where, believe me, the sun index burns brighter) than you are at home. So protect your skin. Being proactive is better than paying the price later (I am speaking from experience...I look back at my 15 year on the swim team and shake my head wondering what was I thinking, "Get a good burn at the start of summer to help me tan better???? :oops: - My adult self is regrets every swim season w/out sunscreen ). Also, there are better things to spend your vacation dollars on, than over priced sunscreen.

Also, keep in mind when you are deciding how much to get and pack, you and your family, potentially, will be in the sun all day, every day, of the cruise. And everyone that has ever read the instructions on the sunscreen bottle knows that you have to apply, apply, and reapply. So even though this is a short cruise, be generous when calculating how much to bring.

On our last cruise, I discovered a company that makes sunscreen wipes. We figured on needing 3 to 4 packs per person each day. This was so much easier than trying to calculate how many uses we could get out of a bottle, or spray can. With summer just starting though, I am sure you will have plenty of opportunities to figure out how far your sunscreen will go.

Have a great week, and a wonderful start to summer.

~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone! We are down to 31 Mondays until we set sail.

This weeks Forget Me Not will keep your sea legs dancing, swimming, and exploring even when the deck is not a level playing field!

No, I'm not talking about a course in ship maintenance or suggesting that you bring your chiropractor along. Although if you happen to have experience in ship maintenance or you're a chiropractor, you will be the 1st person I track down if there is an unfortunate event (any place but Castaway Cay) - knock on wood - or my back goes out!

What I am building up to is something for motion sickness.

Things that work well without the drowsy effects of medication are, the behind the ear patch, motion sickness wrist band, and ginger gum, candy or cookies (warning about the ginger items. ..more is not better. Use ginger in moderation. Over doing ginger will upset your digestive system ).

If you do happen to forget to pack these helpers, guest services, dining room members, and the medical clinic usually have ginger candies to share.

A non-medical, non-pressure point, non-ginger helper is to remember to always keep a little bit of food in your stomach. Even if you don't feel like eating, you need to try. It will help.

Cast members have also gotten our boys up and moving around (doing jumping jacks or dancing). I am not sure why this works, but it does. Their stomachs settles down long enough for them to eat a bit.

Have a great week.

~Tink~

I want to share part of an email that I got today from my travel agent. As you read through it, remember this is my travel agent talking to her client, so the I's and me's are referring to my agent, Not ME!
Also, you can check out this Disney Cruise Line page for more information: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/ships-cruises/required-documents/
As you begin your countdown to cruising I just wanted to remind you about information needed regarding your proof of citizenship documents as well as any other documents you may need to supply. Guests without proper documentation will be denied boarding. Travel restrictions for each destination country may vary according to a Guest's citizenship.

**If you are castaway members or have previously provided me with passport information, that information is stored in your castaway profiles. You only need to send me information if you have renewed your passports since your last sailing.

You can also enter the information directly on the Disney Cruise line site during the online check in process if you prefer not to send passport information via email.

***Please make sure you have provided me with your FULL legal names as they appear on your proof of citizenship documents.

US citizens may travel on closed loop cruises (leaving from and returning to the SAME US port) with a birth certificate and gov issued photo id. The birth certificate should be an original raised seal copy. Children who are US citizens need only the birth certificate. Non US Citizens will need a passport.

I do recommend passports for ALL as this is the ONLY document that will allow you to travel by air should something happen in a foreign port.

Passports are required for repositioning cruises (leaving from and going to a DIFFERENT port) and cruise travel to all International destinations, as well as for cruises that involve air travel that begins or ends outside of the U.S. Passports must be valid for at least six months after the last day of travel. In addition to a valid passport, many countries require an entry visa based on your nationality.

When accessing your cruise page online, you'll find important travel guidelines and regulations relevant to your individual itinerary. However, it is your responsibility to check with government agency, embassy or consulate to ensure that you have all the proper documentation to board the ship and enter each of the countries on your cruise. U.S. travelers can visit the U.S. State Department's travel website or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at (877) 4USA-PPT [877-487-2778] for more information.

Other documents you may need include a minor authorization form (needed if a minor under age 17 is traveling without a parent or legal guardian) or medical form if you have any specific medical needs. These forms are available on your cruise page. If you are unable to find them let me know and I can send you a copy.

When checking in at the port you will need to supply your port arrival form (this has replaced the signature page now that Disney has gone to electronic acceptance of the cruise contract), proof of citizenship documents and any other required documents for your cruise.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the above requirements.
If this left you more confused, or you have any questions, I would be happy to help where I can, but your travel agent can also help clarify any questions that are now running around in your head and can calm any anxieties I just stirred up.
All in all, I hope it helps with your preparations.

~Tink~

Happy happy Monday all my fellow cruisers!!!!
As of today, we have an entire month worth of only Mondays to go. Which is actually 30 Mondays, but it sounds so much closer as a months worth.
And with the urgency of our cruise being only a month (worth of Mondays) away I thought a good Forget Me Not would be one about our cruise contracts

When you get your cruise paperwork (which can also be in a digital form), take time to read over the cruise contract, you have to sign, with your kids, especially if they are of the age that they will be able to sign themselves in and out of the kids area.
The reason I suggest this is because of something we saw during one of our FE distributions. We passed a cabin at which a teenager had decided to decorate her cabin door with duct tape. You know if Disney charges people for "damage" done to the door by an over the door organizer which is more than likely only small marks, up on the top, pretty much out of sight and not even noticeable, that they will definitely put a hefty charge on the parents account for the repairs need for a duct taped door.

We read over the contracts with our boys every time we cruise. At the end of which I then add on, that if you ever find yourself at a door way where the carpet ends, and metal walk ways or metal stairs begin, stop, do not proceed unless you are with a cast member (the cast member part is important, because some evacuation routes that you may be directed to use during the muster drill do take you through the metal stair ways).

The boys, even now that they are older, have come to expect a family meeting the day our special Disney envelope arrives (about a month before our cruise), and then again on the drive to the port. During these meetings, we go over the contracts, and any other family rules for the cruise. For example, we reserve a meal (usually dinner) every day of the cruise for family time. But that is getting me off track. The only thing worse than getting called down to the naughty room to collect your luggage, would be hearing your child's name in the middle of 'Would the parents or guardians of _________ please come to the Edge (or any other specific location on board).'

One last side note (or fairy trail off topic) - Speaking of doors, I can not say for sure, but our guess as to why the duct tape incident happened [I mean aside from there being duct tape available in the room] was because they didn't have anything to decorate their door with, like all of her new friends did. Door decorating is not required by any means, but can be a fun way to identify your cabin. If anyone would like me to talk more about door decorations, please let me know, and I will get some info together for a Monday post.

Have a great week,
~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone. I hope y'all are have as good of a summer as we are!
We are down to 29 Mondays!!!
Today's Monday Forget Me Not will help when some of the rules (not in the contract) are broken...like running on a wet, slippery deck!

Remember to pack all prescription and first aid type medicines. {Side Note- make sure to pack all of your prescription meds in your carry on bag}
When packing prescription meds, always pack an extra supply. I always pack an extra week. You never know what is going to happen, and it is better to be prepared for the worse case scenario.
As for first aid type meds, you should plan to pack a small first aid bag. Items to include are band-aids, triple antibiotic ointment, antiseptic wipes, pepto, tums, aloe vera {another side note [I think I am going to start calling these Tink notes...way to far off topic, will cover this in another post] - put your aloe vera in the refrigerator in your room. It feel so much better on a sun burn that way}, cough drops, something for cold symptoms (we like the theraflu powder that you can add to hot water), lip balm, ace bandage, Tylenol, ibuprofen, and anything else you may use in your day to day mending of your kiddos.
There is a doctor on board, but a visit to the infirmary can be pricey. I suggest only go to see the doc in extreme circumstances (think of it like and ER).
We had a nurse, an EMT, and a firefighter (who was a first responder ) on one of our cruises. I joked with them before we sailed and asked if they would make a house (cabin) call if need be.:cold::crutches::crazy2:

Have a great week!
~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!