Disney Dream January 22, 2018 - 4 Day Bahama Cruise

4 months until we set sail! Woo Hoo!
Happy Monday everyone! We are down to 17 Mondays!

Today's Forget Me Not may seem silly, but much like those labels you find telling you not to do something that in a million years you would never try (such as don't stick your hand in the garbage disposal when it is turned on), they are there because someone has actually tried it. This tip finds it way into the list, because yes, Ms. OCVPD (Obsesive Compulsive Vacation Planning Disorder), actually did this. I don't beat my self up to much about it, because I have since learned that this is actually a common occurrence.

Don't forget to pack undies (chonies, tighty whiteys, or what ever you may call them)!
If this can happen to me, it can happen to you. I have a couple lists that I check everything off on as I am getting organized to pack, and then I have a list of everything I am taking that I check off as I pack. And I still happened to make it on board without packing any undies. I still have a conspiracy theory to this day, that either the cat (who purposely gets severely injured when he sees bags packed for vacation) or our youngest son pulled some items out of my bag (the pillow I packed also went missing). But putting that aside, let me explain why this particular forget me not is worth mentioning. With all of the on board shops, and the plethora of shops on shore available to you, amazingly enough, this is not an item you can easily find (Disney does now carry them - a 3 pack for $25- after I suggested it on an end of cruise survey, and made a video about it - Cruise Packing: Bare Necessities). On the cruise I am referencing, we found souvenir boxers, but that was it. And even though I received several suggestions on how to cope, I still was self conscious about it.
The suggestions I received were: just turn the pair you were wearing inside out every other day or so; wear your swim suit bottoms as undies (it is suggested that you rinse off before getting in the pool when they expect you have just changed into a swim suit, what would be the suggestion if you basically are getting in in your underwear?); and use your panty hose / tights as undies (a little warm for the day time). We continued searching through out the cruise in each port, but where never lucky enough to find any. I ended up wearing the ones I had had on during embarkation day, and then washing them out and hanging them up in the evening when I was wearing the panty hose/ tights to dinner.

As usual, I hope my mistakes make for a good tip for your packing.

~Tink~

We had our planning party for Sept. yesterday, and now the chair in my room is filled with all of our shirts for the cruise and are ready for the "Mustard" Drill Party in Oct. Now, I need to make our final payment so I am ready for our online check in a few weeks!!!!

~Tink~

First time cruisers:​
At check-in, previous cruisers will receive a lanyard with their key to the world card. Unfortunately, Disney does not have lanyards for first time cruisers (unless something magical has changed since January!!!). So, I want to offer the first 10 sailors who can tell me who the Godmother of the Dream is, or something special about her (because if everyone told me the Godmother's name, 2 through 10 could just copy!). So if you miss slot 1 (Godmothers name) give me a unique tidbit about her.
Now just so you know, I am sailing on back to backs, so I am also making this available to the previous sailing as well.

Good Luck!​

Happy Monday everyone! We have 16 Mondays until we sail away on our Bahama vacation!! :boat:

This week's Monday Forget me Not is the cash. Everyone one probably knows that once on board, your Key to the World card is your door key, your identification, and your credit card. But it doesn't take care of your tips. Just to be clear, I am not referring to the gratuities that are either prepaid or added to your on board account (side note .....Tink moment. ....If you want to give your gratuities in cash, envelopes are available, and you can request to have them taken off your on board account. Personally, we like to hand out the gratuities to all of the cast members who have taken such good care of us. ...). The tips I am referring to are the small cash thank you's you share with the porters that help with your luggage as you arrive at the port, the room service attendant that brings your late night snack of milk and cookies, your excursion guide, and the shuttle bus driver that returns you to your car at the conclusion of your trip. And because change is not the easiest thing to come by, plan ahead to have 1's and 5's.

Oh, and I almost forgot your port shopping. Small bills and another small wallet works best in port. You don't want to be haggling the price on that must have t-shirt only to open your regular wallet with all of your spending cash in it only to find you need to ask for change for a $20 or worse yet a $100! (Tip one on port safety, don't give the would be bad guy, out to ruin your vacation, a reason to target you - use small bills, and leave your fancy watch, camera, and I-Phone X on the boat in the safe....okay, this could become its own post...another topic for another day!)

Have a great Week.
~ Tink ~

I found out about something really cool that everyone planning a trip to the parks either before or after the cruise may like. You can now get a hard drivers license for the Tomorrowland Speedway printed up in the Magic Kingdom. Here's a link to find out more about it. http://wp.me/p3dr4q-iGk
upload_2017-9-26_12-17-15-png.272568

http://wp.me/p3dr4q-iGk
~Tink~

Last edited:
Sorry for the plethora of posts, one more post to go and then .... I can get PMs. LOL!!
Is there a formal night I have to plan for on a 4 nighter?
lol I was trying to get to ten as well, and once I did, I found a "test board" just so people could post ten random posts. :rotfl:

4 months until we set sail! Woo Hoo!
Happy Monday everyone! We are down to 17 Mondays!

Today's Forget Me Not may seem silly, but much like those labels you find telling you not to do something that in a million years you would never try (such as don't stick your hand in the garbage disposal when it is turned on), they are there because someone has actually tried it. This tip finds it way into the list, because yes, Ms. OCVPD (Obsesive Compulsive Vacation Planning Disorder), actually did this. I don't beat my self up to much about it, because I have since learned that this is actually a common occurrence.

Don't forget to pack undies (chonies, tighty whiteys, or what ever you may call them)!
If this can happen to me, it can happen to you. I have a couple lists that I check everything off on as I am getting organized to pack, and then I have a list of everything I am taking that I check off as I pack. And I still happened to make it on board without packing any undies. I still have a conspiracy theory to this day, that either the cat (who purposely gets severely injured when he sees bags packed for vacation) or our youngest son pulled some items out of my bag (the pillow I packed also went missing). But putting that aside, let me explain why this particular forget me not is worth mentioning. With all of the on board shops, and the plethora of shops on shore available to you, amazingly enough, this is not an item you can easily find (Disney does now carry them - a 3 pack for $25- after I suggested it on an end of cruise survey, and made a video about it - Cruise Packing: Bare Necessities). On the cruise I am referencing, we found souvenir boxers, but that was it. And even though I received several suggestions on how to cope, I still was self conscious about it.
The suggestions I received were: just turn the pair you were wearing inside out every other day or so; wear your swim suit bottoms as undies (it is suggested that you rinse off before getting in the pool when they expect you have just changed into a swim suit, what would be the suggestion if you basically are getting in in your underwear?); and use your panty hose / tights as undies (a little warm for the day time). We continued searching through out the cruise in each port, but where never lucky enough to find any. I ended up wearing the ones I had had on during embarkation day, and then washing them out and hanging them up in the evening when I was wearing the panty hose/ tights to dinner.

As usual, I hope my mistakes make for a good tip for your packing.

~Tink~
And super surprised they didn't have anything! But I also remember needing a basic pair of leggings at Disneyland, since it was unseasonably chilly and they had nothing! It was ridiculous. Good tip :thumbsup2

Happy Monday everyone! We have 16 Mondays until we sail away on our Bahama vacation!! :boat:

This week's Monday Forget me Not is the cash. Everyone one probably knows that once on board, your Key to the World card is your door key, your identification, and your credit card. But it doesn't take care of your tips. Just to be clear, I am not referring to the gratuities that are either prepaid or added to your on board account (side note .....Tink moment. ....If you want to give your gratuities in cash, envelopes are available, and you can request to have them taken off your on board account. Personally, we like to hand out the gratuities to all of the cast members who have taken such good care of us. ...). The tips I am referring to are the small cash thank you's you share with the porters that help with your luggage as you arrive at the port, the room service attendant that brings your late night snack of milk and cookies, your excursion guide, and the shuttle bus driver that returns you to your car at the conclusion of your trip. And because change is not the easiest thing to come by, plan ahead to have 1's and 5's.

Oh, and I almost forgot your port shopping. Small bills and another small wallet works best in port. You don't want to be haggling the price on that must have t-shirt only to open your regular wallet with all of your spending cash in it only to find you need to ask for change for a $20 or worse yet a $100! (Tip one on port safety, don't give the would be bad guy, out to ruin your vacation, a reason to target you - use small bills, and leave your fancy watch, camera, and I-Phone X on the boat in the safe....okay, this could become its own post...another topic for another day!)

Have a great Week.
~ Tink ~
Or for castaway cay postcards and stamps!

Yes! My family and I are doing a land and sea, visiting WDW first. Then the cruise. I'm a part of a few Disney Cruise groups on Facebook, and I am a part of our fb group. Which is where I heard about this page. I knew that groups form here as well, but didn't really plan on joining. But when I saw all of your posts, I knew I had to join.

I'm a big researcher, so its been fun learning about it all. However, I did end up needing a travel agent for help with WDW. Its changed so much since our last visit, and we are used to DLR. Which is so quaint compared to WDW lol. I was really nervous for a cruise (for not being on land for so long), but I'm sure it will be amazing. I've already include a placeholder in the budget...one less choice to consider later.
I was looking back at some of my past Disney trip logs in search of good info for my next video, and came across our day at Disney outside of the parks. We did a resort and Disney transport tour (not a plotted touring plan, just one I created). This was prior to the new 'Minnie' vans. We visited every resort and Disney Springs in one day, utilizing every form of Disney transport (at the time). I also learned which one is not handicap friendly. If you are going to have a park free day, I can send you an email that I sent to my TA as a trip review for her to share with other clients.

Oh, and from one of your last posts, you were posting to get to 10. Refresh my memory, was I supposed to message you something when you reach 10?

~Tink~

lol I was trying to get to ten as well, and once I did, I found a "test board" just so people could post ten random posts. :rotfl:
Oh, Oh, and P.S.S. Did you see my lanyard prize? I still have 1 left if you know the answer (post #104 ).

~Tink~

Parsons family

Whoo Hoo :cool1:
We're going on a Disney Cruise!

As you can tell I am excited to be back on the Dream.
How about you?
Who else is sailing with us?

Disney Dream January 22, 2018 Roll Call
Pixiehallow
lilclerk
Sarah936
DisneyFamilyWI
Meakiais

THICKS863
Megan S
Rachel Botsford
Midwife Erin

FE List

Midwife Erin
Megan s.
Rachel Botsford

I look forward to meeting y'all!

~Tink~
__________________​

B

How about you?

Pixiehallow
lilclerk
Sarah936
DisneyFamilyWI
Meakiais

THICKS863
Megan S
Rachel Botsford
Midwife Erin

Buckeyefamily44805
FE List

Midwife Erin
Megan s.
Rachel Botsford

~Tink~
__________________​

How about you?

Pixiehallow
lilclerk
Sarah936
DisneyFamilyWI
Meakiais

THICKS863
Megan S
Rachel Botsford
Midwife Erin

FE List

Midwife Erin
Megan s.
Rachel Botsford

~Tink~
__________________​

How about you?

Pixiehallow
lilclerk
Sarah936
DisneyFamilyWI
Meakiais

THICKS863
Megan S
Rachel Botsford
Midwife Erin

Buckeyefamily44805

FE List

Midwife Erin
Megan s.
Rachel Botsford
Buckeyefamily44805

~Tink~
__________________​

How about you?

Pixiehallow
lilclerk
Sarah936
DisneyFamilyWI
Meakiais

THICKS863
Megan S
Rachel Botsford
Midwife Erin

Buckeyefamily44805

FE List

Midwife Erin
Megan s.
Rachel Botsford

~Tink~
__________________​

Awesome! I have a spreadsheet for everyone in the FE that will help you share information with each other. For privacy, I prefer to use the private message mailbox. The DIS board requires everyone to make 10 posts to open the private message function. You are at 3 posts, so you only need 7 more. You can click on write your reply down below the page numbers and type away. You can ask questions or introduce yourself and your family. Or heck just count down to 10 posts!

~Tink ~

Hello, everyone! I am excited I found this board. We will be sailing for my son's 4th b'day. I was interested in doing the fish extender exchange but am not sure of how it works. We are traveling with my husband, our son, and my parents. My son's b'day will be celebrated on the ship and we thought this was a great age to go. We have done the WONDER in February of 2013 (just us 2), and DREAM in March 2015 (us 3, and a bunch of others). I hope the weather is nice in January, as the last time we were at Castaway it was 100 degrees and we didn't get to do much because our son was only 14 months old. We are from Atlanta, GA. I look forward to hearing more from you all!

Just booked today. This is our first cruise as well. We'd love to participate in the fish extender exchange with our 5 year old!

Megan and Rachel,

The FE is starting to grow. You had both expressed interest in taking part in the FE. If you could please post to let me know whether or not you are still wanting to be part, I would appreciate it. That way I will know if I need to take your names off the spreadsheet, or leave them on.

Thanks a bunch!
~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter