Disney Dream January 22, 2018 - 4 Day Bahama Cruise

Disney Dream January 22, 2018 - 4 Day Bahama Cruise

Whoo Hoo :cool1:
We're going on a Disney Cruise!

As you can tell I am excited to be back on the Dream.
How about you?
Who else is sailing with us?

Disney Dream January 22, 2018 Roll Call
Pixiehallow
lilclerk
Sarah936
DisneyFamilyWI
Meakiais

THICKS863
Megan S
Rachel Botsford
Midwife Erin

Buckeyefamily44805

FE List

Midwife Erin
Megan s.
Rachel Botsford
Buckeyefamily44805

I look forward to meeting y'all!

~Tink~
__________________​
Hi !! This will be our second cruise!! We would love to join the fish extender!! Our party includes 3 people
2 adults 1 child 8 yrs old

Hi !! This will be our second cruise!! We would love to join the fish extender!! Our party includes 3 people
2 adults 1 child 8 yrs old
Welcome aboard Angie4mil!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I will be happy to add you to our roll call and the FE list. For privacy, I like to share all information about the FE through PMs. The DIS boards want you to reach 10 posts before you can get and send PMs. You are currently at 3. All you need is 7 more! This is a great time to ask any questions you may have or you can tell us a little about your traveling party.
So, where was your 1st cruise to?

~Tink~

Welcome aboard Angie4mil!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I will be happy to add you to our roll call and the FE list. For privacy, I like to share all information about the FE through PMs. The DIS boards want you to reach 10 posts before you can get and send PMs. You are currently at 3. All you need is 7 more! This is a great time to ask any questions you may have or you can tell us a little about your traveling party.
So, where was your 1st cruise to?

~Tink~

We took our first cruise last October for my daughter's 7th birthday and we loved every moment!! My hubby and I and soon to be 8 yr old daughter will be looking forward to this cruise in January!!

Are there any other families with one child ?? Last time we cruised with another family and we were just hoping our daughter makes a friend to go to kids club with!!

We took our first cruise last October for my daughter's 7th birthday and we loved every moment!! My hubby and I and soon to be 8 yr old daughter will be looking forward to this cruise in January!!

Are there any other families with one child ?? Last time we cruised with another family and we were just hoping our daughter makes a friend to go to kids club with!!
I will let others reply about who all is traveling, but I have 2 suggestions. First, if you are not able to make friends before the sailing, head to the kids club after you get on board. They will be holding the open house a majority of the first day. I have heard from several people, that their son or daughter met someone at the open house and they became fast friends. I know our boys are always asking if they can head back to the kids area as soon as the muster drill is over because their new friends will be there. The second tip is the one I give to everyone wondering about being a part of the magic on board, or how is that we know the cast members. It is simple, and it works for making ship board friends as well. Be open to talking. As for friends, if you see a family in the pre-boarding area with a child about the same age, don't hesitate striking up a conversation. You already have one thing in common, you are a Disney fan. And who knows, they may be Disney Cruise addicts too (which I am guessing you are because you booked a your second Disney cruise for a little over a year after your first one. As for how that works for making magic, strike up a conversation with a cast member. They are there because they love Disney and they love interacting with other Disney lovers. Give it a try. One other thing, the Cast Members love creating magic if given a chance.

Six more posts to go!!

~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone, we have only 15 Mondays until we set sail.
And I have a short but helpful Monday Forget me Not for your this week.

This is a Disney cruise, so a great number of us are traveling with kiddos, and we need to remember that adjusting to a new environment may be a little difficult. You can help bedtime go a little smoother with a simple item that could easily be forgotten. No, I'm not talking about a night light, we're not supposed to use those, plus your precious outlet space will probably be completely filled up over night charging you tech gear (phones, tablets, etc ). Instead, you can bring a flameless (battery operating ) candle. These small tea light candles, are a cheap, safe way to bring a little bit of light to an otherwise very dark cabin. You can place one on the desk, and one in the bathroom to help everyone find there way when the lights are out. One extra benefits of having the lights is emergency preparedness. I know no one likes to think about the what ifs, but it is a good idea to be ready for them.

Oh, and one last thing, you don't have to travel with kiddos to have a cabin mate that is afraid of the dark. That is a fear that can come in adult size as well. FYI we always have to leave a light on in hotel rooms when we travel.

~Tink ~

Woo Hoo we are all paid off!:woohoo:

Just in time to stay up really late this coming Monday for the online check in window opening for Castaway Gold members!

~Tink~

Congratulations! Ours isn’t until November.
I just checked in for our cruise leaving on the 19th. Activity reservations opened 11 PM Central Time, and on-line check in opened at 11:15 PM. So if you are as crazy as I am, you can jump in a bit early!

Have a great night!

~Tink~

I will let others reply about who all is traveling, but I have 2 suggestions. First, if you are not able to make friends before the sailing, head to the kids club after you get on board. They will be holding the open house a majority of the first day. I have heard from several people, that their son or daughter met someone at the open house and they became fast friends. I know our boys are always asking if they can head back to the kids area as soon as the muster drill is over because their new friends will be there. The second tip is the one I give to everyone wondering about being a part of the magic on board, or how is that we know the cast members. It is simple, and it works for making ship board friends as well. Be open to talking. As for friends, if you see a family in the pre-boarding area with a child about the same age, don't hesitate striking up a conversation. You already have one thing in common, you are a Disney fan. And who knows, they may be Disney Cruise addicts too (which I am guessing you are because you booked a your second Disney cruise for a little over a year after your first one. As for how that works for making magic, strike up a conversation with a cast member. They are there because they love Disney and they love interacting with other Disney lovers. Give it a try. One other thing, the Cast Members love creating magic if given a chance.

Six more posts to go!!

~Tink~

Hi - I wanted to update our fish extender- we now have 2 adults and 2 children - both girls - ages 8 & 10

Thanks

Thanks Angie. You only need 4 more posts to open the Private Message feature. When you are able to start receiving messages, I will send you a message with the rest of the information I need to add to the spreadsheet.

Just a reminder to everyone taking part in the FE. If you have not made 10 posts yet, please do a couple quick ones even if it is like 1, 2, 3,.... and so on counting down to your last on. If you have already reached 10 please check your message box for a message from me about the Jan 22 FE.
All participants, when you get the message, please send me the answers so that I can get you on the spreadsheet and everyone can get busy making gifts.
Thanks a bunch!

~Tink~

Hello, everyone! I am excited I found this board. We will be sailing for my son's 4th b'day. I was interested in doing the fish extender exchange but am not sure of how it works. We are traveling with my husband, our son, and my parents. My son's b'day will be celebrated on the ship and we thought this was a great age to go. We have done the WONDER in February of 2013 (just us 2), and DREAM in March 2015 (us 3, and a bunch of others). I hope the weather is nice in January, as the last time we were at Castaway it was 100 degrees and we didn't get to do much because our son was only 14 months old. We are from Atlanta, GA. I look forward to hearing more from you all!
Megan, we hadn't heard back from you, and just wanted to make sure you were still wanting to take part in the FE.

Thanks Angie. You only need 4 more posts to open the Private Message feature. When you are able to start receiving messages, I will send you a message with the rest of the information I need to add to the spreadsheet.

Just a reminder to everyone taking part in the FE. If you have not made 10 posts yet, please do a couple quick ones even if it is like 1, 2, 3,.... and so on counting down to your last on. If you have already reached 10 please check your message box for a message from me about the Jan 22 FE.
All participants, when you get the message, please send me the answers so that I can get you on the spreadsheet and everyone can get busy making gifts.
Thanks a bunch!

~Tink~
Post 2

Happy Monday everyone (okay, I know it is Sunday, but I will be on a college tour tomorrow, before heading to the Grand Canyon for a few days).
We are 14 Mondays away from our cruise and it is time for this week's Monday Forget Me Not's.

Okay, this one is for the lady's....I always wondered what that phrase could ever be used for! :upsidedow

When your packing for a Disney Cruise, you have a choice to make - Pack your whole bathroom, or Take advantage of Disney's complementary bathroom essentials.

Disney does a great job at covering your bathroom needs. They have soap (bar form for face and hand), shampoo, conditioner, lotion (body butter) and even an ion hair dryer. These toiletries are top of the line H2O products.

So, why am I adding this to the forget me not's then, you ask. Well, for those of us who have sensitive skin, or those that have a product they swear by because the results are amazing, we need to plan ahead to take those items even if Disney has already stocked the bathroom up for you.

Being a sailor w/ sensitive skin, and very long hair, I am one who has to consider what to and what not to bring.

Below, I am going to go over each of the amenities 1 by 1 (or 2 by 2).

Hand soap and face soap bars - On prior Disney cruises we have used the bar hand soap and been very
pleased. However, on our last cruise, some one gave us a foaming hand soap
from Bath and Body as a gift during the cruise. We put it in the bathroom, and
found that the pump style soap was easier to use and made less of a mess. We
decided that we would be bringing our own hand soap from that point on. As
for the face bar (which is basically the soap you are expected to use in the
shower), it has never been open in our cabin. This is because of a personal
preference. We prefer to use a body wash w/ a puff.
Shampoo and conditioner - My husband and the boys love the shampoo and conditioner. They smell
wonderful, and do an awesome job. I on the other hand, because I
suffer from sensitive skin, and have found that the H2O hair products and I don't
get along, I have to pack these items. For those of you who expect certain results
from your products, I would suggest packing your own as well. That way, you
can give the H2O products a try, and if they don't work for you, you will have
your own there as a back up.
Lotion (body butter) - With sensitive skin, one might think I need to bring my own lotion as well. However,
I do not. The H20 body butter is outstanding. It does a great job moisturizing skin
that is all dried out from wind and sun
Hair Drier - This item is one that you will find debated on many cruise threads. "Is the dryer a good enough
quality, and does it have enough power to dry my hair?" I would answer yes to both of these
questions. As a matter of fact, I bought my ion hair drier after using one on the Disney cruise.
My hair is extremely long, and tends to take quite a bit of time to dry. However, with the ion
drier, I can dry my hair in about 5 minutes (that is straight out of the shower, with out time
for any air dry time). I do not know how well the drier will work for thick hair, as mine in very
fine, but I would assume it would work just as well.

Hopefully, this helps you narrow down what is a must pack from your bathroom, and what can be left at home. Oh, and always remember to pack any liquids (like your bathroom items that are going in checked luggage...no drinks :drinking: those must be in carry on) in a zip lock bag. One of our favorite pass times on boarding day is to watch them load the luggage on to the boat, and see if we can spot ours. And I promise you, there is no "Handle with Care" taking place on the dock. Our luggage is thrown, and dropped, and squished. It would be a horrible way to start you cruise if your soap or lotion ended up all over your clothes.

Have a great week
~Tink~

Calling all FEers.
We are getting very close to our sailing date. That means your FE making is running low on time. Please, please reply to this post so that we can get you on the spreadsheet.

Please reply to this message. I want to get your information on the FE spreadsheet. I need to hear back from you to do so.

~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter