Disney Dream Mattress Delivery to Canada

pixie_mtl

Live life every day
I slept on the most comfortable bed while sailing on the Disney Dream and wanted to recreated it at home. I've contacted Biscayne Bedding and got a quote for that infamous mattress.:

$875 USD for a queen size + spring box
but $905 USD for freight :crazy2:

What do you think?

well, because you asked what people think I'll tell you my thoughts (not always the most popular 🤪)

for us it would be a HELL TO THE NO!!! Couple of reasons:
that's a lot of money for a bed once the exchange is taken into account and there's no question it would also require extra duty on top of that

But the main reason?? Due to COVID-19 everyone's economy is suffering and businesses are needing to close. We wouldn't be able to justify using our money to support another country even if it saved us thousands of $$$

I know there are companies that manufacturer mattresses in Canada meaning they're also employing Canadians. Might cost you more on the ticketed price but minus the exchange and shipping fee it would work out close. However the cost attached to helping keep Canadians employed is priceless for us.

stepping down from my soapbox

Just because they say it's the same mattress, doesn't mean it's exactly the same. They may have a business run for mass orders, like DCL and another arm for residential orders.

You are almost certainly going to have to pay duty and taxes on top of those prices. Expect at least GST/PST (or HST) + collection fee + any other duties if the item was exempt from the new Nafta or not actually made in the U.S.

Also, you were on a ship that was gently rocking you to sleep after an active, but relaxing day. You might sleep differently under those conditions than you will in your own home with your own bedframe and box spring (if you have one).

The price of the mattress itself (even with exchange rate) is average, however the shipping is outrageous. As Figment also notes, you would likely have to pay duty on top of that, which can certainly be pricey in itself.

There are wonderful Canadian mattress companies who offer free shipping within our borders, and offer a multitude of mattress choices. I would choose to keep my money "local".

Just because they say it's the same mattress, doesn't mean it's exactly the same. They may have a business run for mass orders, like DCL and another arm for residential orders.

You are almost certainly going to have to pay duty and taxes on top of those prices. Expect at least GST/PST (or HST) + collection fee + any other duties if the item was exempt from the new Nafta or not actually made in the U.S.

Also, you were on a ship that was gently rocking you to sleep after an active, but relaxing day. You might sleep differently under those conditions than you will in your own home with your own bedframe and box spring (if you have one).
I agree with everything you’ve said, especially the bolded.

We ordered identical mattresses for our kids a few years back. They didn’t feel the same. One was definitely firmer then the other.

So, to the OP, I agree with everyone else. Don’t do it.

So, I did purchase a hotel mattress years ago (not one from the US) and sadly it did not work out for me. Mostly because it really does feel different depending on what sort of bed frame/support you have. Worst purchase ever. Now I only buy mattresses that have a return policy where I can try it at home - it's a lot of money to spend to be uncomfortable.

I actually bought an Endy mattress a year ago and I LOVE it. Great trial period and easy return too if it's not for you :) Also, it's Canadian.

No way. That is way more than I've ever spent on a mattress in my life once you do the exchange and shipping. I think the most I've spent is around $1,800 (Cdn), and that was for a King sized.

I just (yesterday) had to pay almost $300 in taxes and fees for some curtains I had made that came DHL. Shipping was included in the price for the curtains, so this was just the fees. I paid $1,900US for the curtains (10 panels, hand sewn) - plus close to $300 in fees. Yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter