Disney Dream Mattress

We have had our bed a couple of weeks now. I ordered the pillowtop. It’s been great for us. We had been sleeping on a temperpedic that developed a crater in the middle. It’s the same sink into softness but still supportive that you find at BLT. We live in Massachusetts.

Well I just spoke with a supervisor whom I had emailed our photos, including the one showing our mattress only measuring 12” instead of 14.25” as stated on the website. They are sending us a replacement in 3-4 weeks. She said it definitely should be around 14” and not 12”. Strange that the Disney tag is sewn on it. Makes me wonder if it was really a mixup or something they do hoping people won’t notice. The LaQuinta model they sell is 12”. Those of you who purchased the Disney Pillowtop, did you measure yours and is it 14.25”?

Well I just spoke with a supervisor whom I had emailed our photos, including the one showing our mattress only measuring 12” instead of 14.25” as stated on the website. They are sending us a replacement in 3-4 weeks. She said it definitely should be around 14” and not 12”. Strange that the Disney tag is sewn on it. Makes me wonder if it was really a mixup or something they do hoping people won’t notice. The LaQuinta model they sell is 12”. Those of you who purchased the Disney Pillowtop, did you measure yours and is it 14.25”?
Wow, that is so interesting. Could you post the picture? Mine also seems to be 12 but it’s only supposed to be 13 so not a huge difference.

Just wanted to add our experience. We ordered the moderate plush mattress with foundation and I debated about buying the pillow top but figured we will eventually put this mattress in the spare bedroom so even if we weren't thrilled it would be okay.

We have been sleeping on it a little over a week now and boy oh boy is this thing super FIRM!!! I am so glad we put our old mattress topper on it which helps a bit with comfort. And it is very very tall! Anyone else notice this? I have to almost get a running jump to get in the bed. DH thinks its funny since I'm just 5 feet tall. LOL

Anyway, we are slowly adjusting and thanks to the mattress topper the bed is not completely and totally uncomfortable. If I could do it all over again, I would order the pillowtop and hope it is a bit softer. For now, we will hope that it eventually will soften up a bit. But all and all we do not regret this purchase.

I actually smile a little to myself every night knowing I'm sleeping on a Disney mattress! :)

I have the mattress they use on the dream , I didn’t get it from these links but it was the best investment I ever made .. best bed ever !

I cant
where did you get it?

can’t remember now it was about 4 yrs ago but it was a good 6,000 for a California king .. the most expensive bed I have purchased .. I didn’t even realize it was the same type until I went on the dream after I purchased mine . It is worth every dime ! I even purchased a special sheet to go on it that has a 10 yr warranty from any type of stains or they will send someone out to clean it or replace it haha

We went on the Disney Dream April 2019 and loved their bed also! The most comfortable bed we slept on in years. Went and did a search and found this site (How to Sleep on a Disney Cruise Line Mattress). I called the number on her website it was a Sealy. Well, Sealy Disney Hospitality customer service said that they have the comparable bed to the one that is on the Disney Dream (this was the fall of 2020). She said the material was discontinued so that was the only thing different (the comparable part). I let it be known several times how comfortable that bed was on the Disney Dream in April, 2019. I told her if this bed is as comfortable as the one we slept on in April of 2019 we will order it. She emailed me the invoice. It had on the invoice the ones for the cruise ship and the ones for the Disney Resorts. Well, we get the mattress (king) it took nearly 8 weeks and it looked nothing like the mattress we slept on. The pillowtop was thinner and uneven. Within a few month we were having back, hip and shoulder pain and it had indentions in the bed (2 inches in one indention) and if you rolled to the center there was a hump. We had to file a claim on the bed under their defective bed warranty, there are no refunds or exchanges. We sent probably 15 photos. It took months just to get the final paperwork to file the claim. It took another 6 weeks just to get the new bed. Now after a week this bed is doing the same thing already! Indentions where we lay (one week indention at its worst spot is 1.5 inches) and the center has a hump. We feel we have been ripped off. This is not even close to the bed we slept on on the Disney Dream in 2019 or anywhere comparable. This bed is the Sealy Sayer prolux plush pillowtop. After reading all these old post, We feel like we have been scammed. Disney Cruise line executive offices should know this is not a good representation for their company!

Last edited:
@Floridagatorfans that sucks sorry to hear that. Sounds like you didn't deal with the same Beautyrest hospitality we did. I can say after having ours a year we still love our Disney Pillow Top mattress.

We went on the Disney Dream April 2019 and loved their bed also! The most comfortable bed I slept on in years. Went and did a search and found this site (How to Sleep on a Disney Cruise Line Mattress. I called the number on her website and was told it was a Sealy. Well, Sealy Disney Hospitality customer service said that they have the comparable bed to the one that is on the Disney Dream (this was the fall of 2020). She said the material was discontinued so that was the only thing different. I told them if this bed is as comfortable as the one we slept on in April of 2019 we will order it. She emailed me the invoice. It had on the invoice the ones for the cruise ship or the one for the Disney Resort. Well, we get the mattress (king) it took nearly 8 weeks and it looked nothing like the mattress we slept on. Within a few month we were having back, hip and shoulder pain and it had indentions in the bed. We had to file a claim on the bed under defect, there are no refunds or exchanges. It took another 6 weeks just to get the new bed. Now after a week this bed is doing the same thing already! Indentions where we lay. We feel we have been ripped off. This is not even close to the bed we slept on on the Disney Dream in 2019 or anywhere comparable. This bed is the Sealy Sayer prolux plush pillowtop. After reading all these old post, I think we were ripped off and this is not the bed that we slept on. Bait and switch!
Yikes ! That’s awful ... I absolutely love my bed, it is so incredibly comfortable. I like how thick it is ( the thickness of two mattresses ) and the memory foam is just perfect for my back .

Yikes ! That’s awful ... I absolutely love my bed, it is so incredibly comfortable. I like how thick it is ( the thickness of two mattresses ) and the memory foam is just perfect for my back .
Our first bed pillowtop was only 11.5 inches tall. This one on one side is 13 and another only 12. Did Disney use Beautyrest before 2019 and after 2019 use Sealy on the Dream? Why would they use two different companies?

Has anyone purchased a mattress like they experienced on the Disney Dream? We sailed in January 2018 on the Dream and I fell in love with the mattress. I am now in the market, and I wish I would have gotten more details. I tried to do a little internet searching and got a variety of answers but not too recently.

I know this is an older post but I am wondering if the replacement mattress they sent you was any better? I just received my mattress and it is hard as a rock. I read your comment on the height being off, which prompted me to measure ours. Sure enough it is just over 12". I have an email sent, so we shall see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!