Disney Dream Mattress

We sent them pictures of the box (twin/full/queen), pictures of the instruction sheet (showing which holes to use for twin/full/queen) and a picture of the assembled frame sitting on TOP of the mattress clearly showing how much narrower the frame was than the bed. The Beautyrest supervisor still insisted it was impossible - they only have the "one size fits all" Hollywood frame. I GAVE UP.
We ran out today to a local bedding store (which only reopened today) and bought a king frame (ironically also a Hollywood frame, but one that goes up to king size).

Who is above the manager... >_> That is crazy that you had to go but another frame. I'm so sorry... can you at least return the other frame? This definitely makes me less likely to purchase one... (I'm waiting for your and @SteveH 's reviews).

Ok - finally the review of the Disney Deluxe Plush mattress set...
I want to start out by saying that this all started about 2 (or 3 or 4) years ago after a Disney cruise and sleeping on what I thought was the best mattress I ever slept on. I came home and googled and found the Beautyrest guest purchase site where they specifically identified one of their mattresses as Disney Cruise Line. I remember the price at the time was around $2,000. and decided that wasn't in the budget at that time. Fast forward to now - they no longer list a Disney Cruise line mattress - they only show about 6 different Disney resorts & their mattresses. We purchased the Deluxe Plush which is shown as the mattress for Boardwalk.
We are DVC owners and have stayed at the Boardwalk many times and I would say that this mattress is exactly the same. Is it like the one I remember from the cruises - NO. The cruise one may have been the pillowtop - I really don't know. But what I remember was how soft and "pillowy" it was. You sunk into the top, yet it still had support.
I would describe this mattress as slightly firmer with a less plush top. It still has a soft top but not as "deep" as the cruise mattress, if that makes sense. We've slept on it now for 5 nights - 3 with the set on the floor & 2 with it on a frame (which makes sense if you've read my earlier posts LOL). DH & I are both very happy with it - we've been sleeping great & think it was well worth the money. But it is NOT what we remember from our cruises. Now maybe the pillowtop is closer to the cruise line mattress - we'll have to wait for someone else to buy & review that one. The only reason we didn't get the pillowtop is that we've had a bad experience with our last pillowtop from Sears.
Hope this helps!!!

Back in March 2018, our stateroom attendant gave us the tag off the newest mattresses on the Fantasy.

Here is the info off that tag:

Manufactured by:
Biscayne Bedding International
3925 East 10th Court
Hialeah, FL 33013

For reference, I made a thread here, in case there's any further posts that interest you:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-fantasy-mattresses-in-case-you-wondered.3673068/
So I had looked up this company and it didn’t get good reviews after digging so I reframed from pursing this any further.

So, just called and spoke with an agent. There are NO returns on these mattresses. The pillow top version is what’s used in the Grand Floridian and a few others resorts. Also, they do NOT sell the DCL mattresses nor did they know who did. Because we don’t want to risk being stuck with a mattress, we’ve opted out. Even when searching hotel mattresses, Disney is not among the top ranked. Marriott kept showing up which I agree, I find their beds super comfy as well. So just a point to think about........absolutely no returns. No shipping fees, just state tax fees. The price you see is what you pay + tax (no shipping). They may have discounted these due to the fact there is no “restocking” if you don’t like it.

We did, delivery went fine. Brought it just inside the house got all the right pieces. I am working still so her and my son did all the setup. We used our existing bed frame. The only "issue" was we didn't get the call/text the night before, I called the # which associated my phone number and confirmed delivery. This morning I got a text about 6:30 AM confirming delivery window that I heard the nigh before, I also got a confirmation call about 15 minutes before they arrived.

I'll report back tomorrow and after a couple of nights of sleeping on it.

We also ordered new pillows from Cast Member Linen we picked up 3 of the King Sahara Nights Pillows and love them. We've had My Pillows for a couple years, good but feel like the Sahara Nights Pillows were more luxurious, very much just like what we had at POFQ.

Thank you for sharing your experience
Would love to place an order someday
Sweet dreams :flower3:

First night was good, hard to judge after just one night though. But for me it's a huge improvement over the way the SleepNumber felt after 15 years. I'm used to having hip and shoulder pain. Nothing hurt today so it's a win for me. For the price we paid I'm happy, but time will be the judge. But I didn't have to move to the couch!

@mmackeymouse yes we did.

So far I'm sleeping great, my wife said she feels how new it is - feels very firm.

Great to hear. Although, it's interesting as according to the website, the pillow top is listed on the "Soft" side of the spectrum. Yet, anecdotally, it sounds like it may be firmer than one would expect.

I agree @mmackeymouse we figure we'd jump on it to break it in. In a week I'll have a better idea, but so far it's been good on my end of things, comfortable and I don't feel hot on it so I'd say it does breath.

@mmackeymouse yes we did.

So far I'm sleeping great, my wife said she feels how new it is - feels very firm.
Took the plunge and bought the King Pillowtop today. I’ll report how it is when we get it! @SteveH, interested to know how you guys like it. Also, what did you do with your old mattress since they aren’t hauling them away?

Took the plunge and bought the King Pillowtop today. I’ll report how it is when we get it! @SteveH, interested to know how you guys like it. Also, what did you do with your old mattress since they aren’t hauling them away?
Congrats!
So my oldest son, 25, and his fiancee are living with us during all of this. They're slated to get marred in July and wanted to be together, which I can't blame them. They've been sleeping on the floor on a couple of old twin mattresses. So our old bed went up stairs to what we call the FROG (Freaking Room Over the Garage) then yesterday I loaded up my Jeep with several old twin mattresses and headed off to the dump. So the kids are happy and we'll keep it for the time being.

@anniet it's been 11 nights, so far it's still been great. No regrets, my wife has adjusted to the bed as well. As much as I love the bed I love our new pillows just as much, if not more. I will say this probably sounds like a advertisement, but I really have been waking up and feeling so much better. No hip or lower back pains that I had on our old bed, but after 15+ years it was very well worn.

What kind of pillows did you get? I have a lot of trouble finding ones that don't just flatten after a few weeks. (DH must have a 'heavy' head)

@FigmentSpark we bought the King Sahara Nights Pillow the king size which are plenty big, almost wish we went with the queen but then our pillow covers wouldn't fit. I was very happy with the price and the feel, these have the same label as the ones we had at POFQ though I think those were queen size.

I keep wanting to buy the frette sheets they use, but there are very few options in Cal King, and they are $$$. Does anyone know exactly which ones are used on the ships?

ETA-looks like they have several on sale 50% off. It may be time to order.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!