Disney Dream

MrsBergs

Mouseketeer
Hi.. We are going on the Dream in September. This will be our 1st Disney Cruise, we normally go on Royal Caribbean. I had to really talk my husband into this because of the price difference. My only issue is that the Dream is going into refurbishment a few weeks after we sail. I just hope we are not disappointed with the ship because I don't want this to be are 1st experience. Thoughts? Am I being crazy... Lol?

On a side note we plan to go to Disney a few days before.

If you are worried you are going to see a ship in dire disrepair urgently needing a drydock refurb, don't. They schedule the drydocks before the ships needs it and stay on top of regular maintenance.

The ship is beautiful and Disney does a great job of keeping up with maintenance. You should not notice anything major that needs to be worked on. They are constantly painting and updating the ship almost like magic. Have a great trip!

It is not a refurbishment dry-dock but a mandatory maintenance one. Outside of possible small changes (they should remove the Disney Infinity room in the kids clubs), you would not see a difference between the cruises just before and after the pause in her schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter