Disney Emoji Blitz

Has anyone else noticed the progress bar on group collections moving backwards? I just got another Mickey, but when I looked the the group collection the bar moved to the left. I see it fairly often when I look through them, too. Do they change up the requirements or is it just a weird glitch?

Has anyone else noticed the progress bar on group collections moving backwards? I just got another Mickey, but when I looked the the group collection the bar moved to the left. I see it fairly often when I look through them, too. Do they change up the requirements or is it just a weird glitch?

Mine looks like it moves backwards all of the time, too. I can't figure out if it's counting correctly. I never remember how many it said I had "to go" to see if it's adding correctly.

Speaking of the groups...I never noticed until now that the number of emojis needed to level up the Silver ones and the Gold ones were different. I just assumed going from Level 1 to Level 2 and Level 2 to Level 3 (max for Silver) was the same regardless of type, but it's not!
Unlock: 1 (Gold) or 1 (Silver)
Level 1 to Level 2: 1 (Gold) or 2 (Silver)
Level 2 to Level 3: 2 (Gold) or 5 (Silver)
Level 3 to Level 4: 5 (Gold)
Level 4 to Level 5: 10 (Gold)

That explains why it takes 8 copies of the emoji to max out a Silver Box emoji at Level 3!

The event start coincided with a mission to use a More Items boost three times, so that was a nice jump start.

Stuck on Chernabog. He is the only thing I need to finish the last board. I needed 3 when I hit level 75 and got the bonus 20 lives. . . and I still need 3. Ran through all the lives, mostly using Tink or Meg, and nothing. Good thing there are still a couple days left.

Stuck on Chernabog. He is the only thing I need to finish the last board. I needed 3 when I hit level 75 and got the bonus 20 lives. . . and I still need 3. Ran through all the lives, mostly using Tink or Meg, and nothing. Good thing there are still a couple days left.
This might just be coincidental, but I was able to get a decent number of the items on that level with the Haunted Mansion emojis- Hatbox Ghost, Madame Leota, and The Bride. Maybe try one of those if you have them.

You know I feel like the drop rate/chance of rare items gets a little better the closer you get to time being up for the event.

I didn't have any of the special emojis and I finished this morning. I hoard coins for the events so I had about 80,000 coins to spend on "extra items" boosts. I also had a bunch of "extra time" boosts I used. Sorcerer Mickey is pretty cool.

I used Santa hat Mickey for the full event. It took about ~12 games to get the last couple of rare items on each of the last 2 boards, but then they came in rapid succession.

Just squeaked in to finish last card to get sorcerer Mickey. Had to keep changing time on phone to give more lives and burned through most of my free more items power ups.

I actually finished a few hours after that post the other day - using Hatbox Ghost. Not because I read it, but because he has been my go-to when I get stuck on something that doesn't need a specific emoji to win. Back to grinding away the rest of the silver - I still have 10 that are not maxed out, so I am working on finishing that. Getting close though.

New villain event! It seems Magica's sun and cloud can be changed to normal ones if you hit them with sun or cloud.
I have my family in town so I won't be able to play much. I only aim to clear level 15.
And I don't have any of the lucky emoji, but Holiday Mickey, as usual, does a good job.

In other news, I decided to spend my coins. Maxed all silver box emojis :cool1:
I didn't know that the group collection emoji can be maxed in the same way too (buying silver box).

Last edited:
Scrooge and Launchpad seem to be really bad for this event. I have had better luck with half a dozen different emojis, even with the doubling. And, while I have enough gems to chancew a diamond box, I have slightly less than 50/50 odds of getting something new, and my track record on those is that I have always gotten emojis that I already have. (Sample size is small, but the odds of getting nothing new in something like 5 or 6 tries is now down to about 2-3%.)

I have Launchpad and the drop rate is terrible. I get 2-3 Magica attacks to every item dropped. It looks like I'm going to be using Holiday Mickey instead.

I have Scrooge and I’ve switched to holiday mickey as well. Drop rates in general seem to be pretty low, but I’m making some progress.

Good to know that it's not just me who the drop rates are poor for. I was using Scrooge at the beginning and averaged quite a few, then after the 4th level was only getting 2. Switched to Holiday Mickey and only did slightly better but didn't have the double. Can tell that this will take a while. Not planning to spend my limited gems. Would rather use them for lives.

Anyone know what the level 15 box is? I need 55 items to complete that level. Just spent gems for lives and trying to horde them now.

Edit: found the answer. It’s Magica.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter