Disney Execs take a Retreat

DVC-Landbaron

What Would Walt Do?
Disney Execs take a Retreat

Ei$ner & Co. Retreat Story

Did anything strike you about it? Perhaps this little bit:

"Everybody did fine," Eisner replied. "But remember this: The keys to this company's success are sitting around this table. Every one of those other guys could leave Disney tomorrow and we'd do even better."

With that, Eisner rose and bid everyone good night. Whereupon one of the Disney execs told his colleagues, "You all realize that what Michael really said was, 'If everyone at Disney left tomorrow except for Michael Eisner, the company would do even better.'"

What a guy!! :(

I dunno DVC-Landbaron, this one stood out for me:
The big question at Disney is not who will replace Schneider, but rather, can the Disney corporate culture resuscitate its creative energies and retain the loyalties of those who can nurture them?
Those creative energies have been missing lately, the last couple of animated features have seemed almost pro forma, DCA was missing the spark that could have made it great instead of just OK.

It's possible that removing Michael Eisner would spark the kind of change that would bring Disney back to that creative powerhouse, but it could just as easily destroy the company. Who knows?

Sarangel

I have been following quite a few of the business news discussions and a question that keeps popping into my mind is "What happens after Eisner?"

Now, I'm no debater (just don't have the stomach for the arguing) and I'm certainly no business management person, but how far does a company decline before the powers that be (board, stockholders???) get rid of the person in charge, in this case Eisner?

I've read a lot of stuff about what terrible shape the company was in when Eisner took over (weren't they on the verge of a hostile takeover by another company?) and know that he did wonderful things for the company for a while, but obviously he can't last forever so what happens when he goes? Is there someone within in the company that might be an obvious choice to turn things around or an outsider somewhere that would be capable of returning the company to it's former glory? How bad off does a company get before they are in danger of a takeover?

Please forgive the possibly naive questions... I'm just curious...

Thanks!

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter