Disney fanatic but no desire to go on Disney Cruise?

We're about to embark on our 6th DCL cruise this August. We did the Baltic last year and are returning this year. Having been a mountaineer for 30 years, I've traveled throughout the world fairly cheaply and of course I've seen lots of wonderful sites that few people will ever get to enjoy. I also got to enjoy some great cultural experiences that you'll never get while cruising. And when my DD and DS in-law first suggested a 4-day cruise on the Dream back in 2013, I was very skeptical that I'd enjoy any cruise. I was convinced that all you did was eat and sit around all day on the ship. But I was quickly surprised how much I loved that first cruise with DCL and immediately booked their 14-day WBPC for our next cruise. We now love DCL and haven't considered any other cruise line to date. But their prices are starting to get out of line. As someone said above you can spend a month on land, even in Europe, for the cost of some of DCL's cruises. Other than the expense of doing a cruise with DCL my only other complaint is that the time in ports is always too short, but that goes with most other cruise lines as well. We also wish DCL would do more extended and different itineraries like back to Hawaii or to South America. It will be interesting to see where the new ships go and what the prices will be like.

I get it! If I had to choose one or the other forever...hands down the parks. I love the rush of it all (we don't go when lines are hours long though). I tend to get bored on DCL cruises (except for the Very Merrytime cruises). We do enjoy RCI Oasis ships. Daughter doesn't go to the kids' clubs on any line so that's not a factor for us. But pools ARE and Disney's one itty bitty pool is DISmal.

Is it my imagination or are a majority of the DCL naysayers guests who have never been on a DCL ship? Or comparing to their cheaper lines only based on hearsay? There's a reason independent cruise and travel sites rate DCL at or on top in several categories.

So, yes, everyone who doesn't want to cruise DCL, convince your friends, families, pets, and anyone who will listen to you to NOT cruise Disney. Do your best to keep demand down. That allows me to make sure I get the room I want, the Palo times I want, the Castaway cabana I want and reduced craziness on Pirate nite.

The other side of that is all the cruisers who've only been on DCL commenting negatively on other cruiselines (even looking down on them) based on hearsay. The kool-aid gang doesn't want to believe that you can actually have a great cruise on another line!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter