Disney Fantasy 5544 - Extended verandah - what a difference!

DisneYE

DIS Veteran
Posting this in case someone is looking for info on this particular SR number.

It's an extended verandah - Forward, Starboard side.
Best room I've ever booked, and next time we sail on the Fantasy I will be looking to book it again.
First time on an extended verandah - And it really is a big verandah!... about 1/3 of it covered by ceiling from upper floors/decks.
I spent hours reading, sunbathing, napping on the verandah bc it was amazing. The ocean is so close, the semi-lounge chairs are so comfy I fell asleep on them several times. Only slight downside is it gets ocean spray at night so its quite wet in the AM. Also you get splash from what I assume is the deck 11 hot tub or deck 11 CM's pressure washing the deck. But it's minimal.

It's so conveniently located. One floor below it is the jogging/walking deck (which I used lots) and above it on deck 11 is the adult area/currents/cove cafe.
It's near the elevators/stairs and one flight up from WD and Buenavista. So convenient.
Noise level is almost zero, for those concerned with elevators or kids' ruckus from the clubs. Also noticed no vibration/noise at night, but this could be because I sleep like a rock during the cruise due to me being so tired of all the eating and running around in activities.

I slept with the verandah door half open every night & I felt the sound of the ocean was magnified by being closer and I thought the door is wider
I've always been on regular verandahs (or navigator's - which are horrible) and don't remember hearing the ocean with such intensity.

If you're contemplating booking an extended verandah, do it. It's so worth it. Especially if its FWD.
Might sound as a cliché but I'm now a fan of the saying "once you go extended verandah, you can never go back"

I completely agree!! We've been in staterooms 5542 and 5548 and will never cruise without an extended veranda. We've been on port side on the Dream as well but can't remember the number but also extended veranda. I thought there might be noise being so close to the theater but there was none. We are hooked!

After being assigned cabin 5032 on the fantasy as a VGT, we were hooked. Can’t imagine sailing with a regular sized verandah! We have booked 7 extended verandah cabins since our first one :)

Sailing in one in 2 months on the 8 night southern Caribbean on the fantasy!

We love the aft staterooms too. Our first one was 7194 on the Dream - aft, centre. This time we will be on the Fantasy, same location except 1 deck below - 6192. Can not wait!

After being assigned cabin 5032 on the fantasy as a VGT, we were hooked. Can’t imagine sailing with a regular sized verandah! We have booked 7 extended verandah cabins since our first one :)

They're the best aren't they?
Will only sail them from now on (except the 2020 greek island Magic one I already booked)

Have fun in your cruise! (jelly!!)

5032 has been our cabin on the Fantasy since it first sailed! Next sailing for us is Christmas 2019. It's a great location!

I hope they have extended verandahs on rooms for 5 on the new ships or we will probably never get to to try them. Interesting how different experience of forward can be though. The motion was wayyy to intense for me when we were forward and it felt far from everything to us—opposite end of the ship from cabanas, MDRs, kids club and adult evening entertainment area. With kids we didn’t use the adult pool much so that is a difference.

I am prone to motion sickness and I don't feel bad forward, it's aft that kills me. We spend a lot of time at the spa and Satellite Falls, so being forward works well for us. I also like how quiet Deck 5 forward is on the Fantasy/Dream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts