Disney Fantasy Fitness Center?

stephmarty

Spending my Kids' Inheritance on Disney
Anyone have pictures or videos of the fitness center? Do they have freee weights or smith machines available? Any reviews of the facility would be helpful. I'm most interested in what they have for strength training. I know they have treadmills and ellipticals available. Anyone know their hours? All tips appreciated!

Anyone have pictures or videos of the fitness center? Do they have freee weights or smith machines available? Any reviews of the facility would be helpful. I'm most interested in what they have for strength training. I know they have treadmills and ellipticals available. Anyone know their hours? All tips appreciated!
This is a video from the Dream back in 2011. Although its not the Fantasy, it should be relatively similar :

There are weight machines, presses, Ellipticals, treadmills, a couple of bikes.
There are also quite a few classes to take as well and a walking/running track on Deck 4.

If you use free weights they have a couple of sets. The only problem I had is that they only have two benches (even though there is room for more). I asked whether they had any more hiding anywhere, but was told no. So if you need a bench, you might have a wait.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it all. Hard to find much online specific to Fantasy's gym. I guessed it was same as Dream.

They are open until 10 daily...I am pretty sure they open at 6 or 7 AM. I will try to find an old navigator from April and see if they post daily times for sure.

Found one! 6 AM to 10:00 PM except on embarkation day (open at 11:30 AM) and of course closed on debarkation day.

We were on Fantasy in February. There were definitly free weights, but like another poster said, not many benches. The weights didn't go up as high as My husband normally does, but he was ok with what they had. There are a few machines for strength training but the selection is very limited. I don't remember seeing a smith machine.
Overall, my husband and I were able to get decent strength workouts. Nothing like in our home gym, but enough to make do for a week. We got there right when they opened at 6 and had no problems getting machines or weights. They are closed debarkation morning, so we just got cardio in by running on deck 4.

We were on Fantasy in February. There were definitly free weights, but like another poster said, not many benches. The weights didn't go up as high as My husband normally does, but he was ok with what they had. There are a few machines for strength training but the selection is very limited. I don't remember seeing a smith machine.
Overall, my husband and I were able to get decent strength workouts. Nothing like in our home gym, but enough to make do for a week. We got there right when they opened at 6 and had no problems getting machines or weights. They are closed debarkation morning, so we just got cardio in by running on deck 4.
It might be a week for being creative. Lots of good body weight workouts. And maybe a little lazy! I always go in with the best of intentions, but you guys may be a little more dedicated!

It might be a week for being creative. Lots of good body weight workouts. And maybe a little lazy! I always go in with the best of intentions, but you guys may be a little more dedicated!

I always pack my workout clothes and sneakers, but there are just some (okay, most) days that I am just not feeling it. :) I see people coming and going from the fitness center and I applaud their dedication, I am just not one of them.

I find that working with a stability ball on a cruise definitely adds an additional complicating element so (if I get up the initiative to actually go) I take the opportunity to work the abs mostly. Lighter weights so I don't injure myself, but higher level of coordination and stability required.

Just a side note: If you're using free weights, please put them down. Don't drop them. There are people who are living right below you, and when you drop your weights it resonates throughout deck 10, Forward rooms. One my one GTY cruise (The last one ever) I was awakened every morning at 7:30 by people who were too lazy to set their weights back down onto the deck instead of dropping them. I lift and will never drop my weights. If you can't put your weights down in a civilized manner you have no business lifting that much weight.

I've been on the Dream and the Wonder, so I'm going to guess that Fantasy is similar. I recall a somewhat cramped space for working out. The cardio machines are lined up overlooking the windows, and they block the view from the rest of the fitness room. So if you like to run on treadmills or ellipticals (which I don't), you will get a good view. There are some weight machines for shoulder presses, seated chest presses, leg extension, etc. Can't recall all of them, maybe one of those standing ab exercisers where you can do leg raises. There is only like two benches and they are close together, there is also an inclined bench for doing crunches. One or two Bosu balls, one or two balance balls, a bunch of mats. There is no squat rack or bars for doing chest presses or deadlifts, no smith machine so if you are looking to do some of these types of exercises, you will have to use the free weights/dumbbells. Don't expect to get any heavy duty lifting done here. There is a set or two of dumbbells, which probably go up to 60-ish lbs. So you can use this opportunity to get some functional exercise in: i.e., squats on an inverted bosu ball maybe? I'm planning on bringing some bands to use on my next cruise. enjoy your trip!

When using fitness center, is there a free dry or wet sauna? Or is sauna only available with paid spa services, like a day pass?

So. . . I know this is a year old but . . . I am bringing it up again because I have a couple of questions. Did anybody find out about the pull-up bar? Mostly my wife and I are likely to do a spin class. Do they have them on the ship? If so where are they? Thanks.

On our cruise in January, they had the spinning class on the sea days (either at 9:00 am or 4:00 pm). You sign up the evening before in the fitness center. They generally put out the sign-up sheet at 5:00 pm. In my experience, there are no-shows, so if you end up on the wait list, come to the class as you are likely to get a spot.

And I don’t recall a pull-up bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter