Disney Fantasy - July 15, 2017 Eastern Caribbean

Mdcantu

Mouseketeer
Welcome Aboard! This is the meeting place for all of us excited to sail to the Eastern Caribbean on July 15, 2017.

Hi! Getting over a little sticker shock but I'm booked! It's me Joan, DH Pat, Rebecca 17 and Tyler 15 (at the time of the cruise). We are from Chicago. Looking forward to meeting you all. This will be our 5th Disney cruise.:flower3::flower3::flower3:

Last edited:
Hi! I'm Melissa, and I'll be traveling with my DH Lupe, DD Quincy 4, and DS Brennan 5 (at cruise time), and my in-laws. This is our 2nd Disney cruise (we did one of the Star Wars cruises in January). We are staying in the same rooms we had last time! Looking forward to getting to know you and learning from all your experience.

Hi, I'm Sarah, I'll be traveling with my DH Tom, DD Megan 5 and DD Erin 4 (at time of cruise) and my parents. This will also be our 2nd cruise, we did the Dream last summer. We live right outside of Philadelphia and my parents have retired to North Carolina.

Welcome! Our kids are very similar ages, and I grew up in Downingtown, PA. Looking forward to meeting you and sharing in the excitement until then.

Hello I am Jason We are from Narragansett, RI. We just booked our second cruise on the Fantasy. I will be traveling with my Wife Daye and out daughter Olivia who will be 9 when we sail. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Welcome, Jason! Looking forward to meeting you, too! Jason and Sarah - since we are all on our second cruise, what do you think you'll do differently this time? Is there something I might have missed the first time? Curious to hear what other second-timers are thinking.

We
Welcome, Jason! Looking forward to meeting you, too! Jason and Sarah - since we are all on our second cruise, what do you think you'll do differently this time? Is there something I might have missed the first time? Curious to hear what other second-timers are thinking.
We sailed the Western cruise (Mexico, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and Castaway Cay) There were not enough days at sea. We felt like we were too busy with all the ports. We just like enjoying the ship. I love all the details of the ship. I took a tour that described all the design elements and truly enjoyed it. I can't remember the name of the tour, but it was free. do most likely we will be doing things on the ship.

Melissa - we're in Havertown.

In terms of what we're doing differently - would like to try Palo Brunch. And see more shows - since the kids were so young, we didn't take them and neither of us tried going solo. We always did Cabanas for breakfast and lunch, so maybe try one of the MDR's for a more relaxing meal??

What are your thoughts?

We did Palo brunch and it was awesome! I haven't done a Palo or Remy dinner, but the brunch was so good, I plan to do that again. I only did one breakfast at Royal Court once - we usually ate on the deck at Cabanas. I agree that it was nice to be served, but I also like the choices at Cabanas. We usually ate at Flo's Cafe for lunch.

I did a massage, which was awesome, but I think I'll also do the Rainforest Pass next time. I had heard about it, but wasn't sure if we would have time, so I didn't book it. We also didn't make too much of an effort to see characters (if we were there, we took advantage). I think it would be fun to catch them in their different outfits. Since it was January, it wasn't as warm as summer will be, and we only went to the pool once. I'm looking forward to more pool time. Plus, I'm hoping that my daughter will be more willing to spend longer stretches in the kids club - on the last cruise, she would do 30 minutes or and hour if we were lucky and then we'd get the text to go get her. My son (4 at the time) could have stayed in there all day! I want to relax even more this time.

In response to Jason, since we were on the Star Wars cruise, we had the extra day at sea in place of Jamaica. It was really nice to have that extra time on the boat. We only left the boat at Cozumel to go to lunch - I loved taking it slow and being on the boat when everybody else was gone touring.

Hi All! We are going to be on our 2nd cruise on Fantasy also! We did the Western Caribbean last summer and as previous poster said, it was a lot of busy time. Looking forward to a couple more sea days to just relax and enjoy some ship time without having to run run run everyday! It will be myself, my husband and our son who will be almost 14 at cruise time. We did do Remy dinner for our Anniversary last time and although very expensive, we splurged and enjoyed it tremendously. We also did massages, and I had a pedicure. Would NOT recommend that one though! Asked for cute Minnie's on my toes and they said they did not do that or paint anything cute on nails. I was highly disappointed with that and paying over $50 for a pedicure. Will definitely have that done before I go next time! But the couples massage was so nice and very relaxing! Looking forward to our next trip and meeting some new friends! We are hitting WDW a few days before we cruise also!

Sorry, we have cancelled our cruise. We have always been loyal Disney cruisers but I just couldn't see paying over $8,000 for this cruise. I took the plunge and booked Royal Carribean for the first time. I'll be saving almost $3,000. Have fun all!!

:mickeyjumWe sent in our deposit so we are officially booked! We've got Stateroom #9566 reserved. It's just three rooms down from where we stayed last cruise in #9572.
So excited to go again and we are really looking forward to it. Last cruise, I was the Group coordinator on this board for the Fish Extenders gifts exchange, for those
that were interested. Don't think I want that job again....but it was fun to be involved with doing that. I spent a small fortune (and one whole extra suitcase) on gifts,
and it was fun to look forward to little surprises in our bags throughout the week. My husband says not to bother with it again next cruise... but who knows! I may if
someone else wants to lead this up and get everyone involved assigned to groups, etc.
We are already discussing what all we want to do this time around... but will be nice to enjoy just some extra ship time to relax and not be rushed with schedules!
I'm Sheryl, my husband is Steve and our son is Austin who will be close to 14 at cruise time. He loved the pre-teen Club room last cruise and spent a lot of time up there
and made some new friends. We live in Arizona!:goofy:

Hi! We booked today! It'll be dh and I, along with our kids, DD who will be 11, DS who will be 8, and DD who will be 4, almost 5. This will be our first cruise on DCL and first with kids. DH and I cruised years ago on our honeymoon. We will be with Dh's family, mil, fil, sil and her husband. We are excited, but not talking it up too much with the kids since it is still so far away! Starting to try to figure out when we want to fly down and if we want to go to any parks before/after the cruise!

Also, coming from the outer suburbs of Philadelphia!

We just booked our cruise. My husband and I just got off the ship from our honeymoon and booked this cruise on the ship. My parents and 14 year old brother will also be joining us on this cruise.

We are booked and excited about this cruise! This will be our 1st time on the Fantasy but have been on the Dream twice and I think it was the Wonder once. (Can't remember if it was Wonder or Magic). Kids will be in 9579. Hubby and I are in 9576. Counting down already!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!