Disney Fantasy September 7th, 2020 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise

Cruising Engineer

DIS Veteran
Starting the meet page for the Fantasy Sept 7, 2020 cruise. We will be B2B off the Sept 4th 3-night Bahamas cruise. This is #10 for us and therefore walking off the Fantasy Platinum. Just the two of us, but who knows if the rest of the family will B2B with us.

Welcome aboard and let's share our plans.

Hello,

This will be the second cruise for me and DS (he’ll be 5). DH is staying home to watch the cats (and have his ‘alone’ vacation). I’m bringing along my dad and his girlfriend for their first Disney cruise (they did go to Alaska on Princess last year though).

Trying not to get ahead of myself with planning, since it is still too soon to do most arrangements!

Hello,

This will be the second cruise for me and DS (he’ll be 5). DH is staying home to watch the cats (and have his ‘alone’ vacation). I’m bringing along my dad and his girlfriend for their first Disney cruise (they did go to Alaska on Princess last year though). Trying not to get ahead of myself with planning, since it is still too soon to do most arrangements!
:welcome: Welcome Aboard :welcome: So glad your are you are bringing your whole (well most) of your family. My DH would love to "volunteer" and stay home with our dog, but he's coming. This will be the second leg of our B2B. Our house sitter enjoys taking care of Captain.

How about setting up a count-down DISticker (distickers.com) to help watch the days go by? It's a web site to build the count down Goofy and Donald Duck I have as part of my signature block. Check it out and if you need help, just ask!!!

How about setting up a count-down DISticker (distickers.com) to help watch the days go by? It's a web site to build the count down Goofy and Donald Duck I have as part of my signature block. Check it out and if you need help, just ask!!!

I will have to work on that tonight. If I have issues, I'll let you know!

Hi! It's my family's first cruise. 3 kids, ages will be 6, 3, and 1. We're super excited! Will anyone be setting up a fish exchange group? My husband and I have been reading up on them, and are very interested.

Hi! It's my family's first cruise. 3 kids, ages will be 6, 3, and 1. We're super excited! Will anyone be setting up a fish exchange group? My husband and I have been reading up on them, and are very interested.

Welcome aboard! When I sailed on the Fantasy in June (8 day), we did an FE with my husband's family focused on the kids (there were 5). I just felt like it was a lot of extra stuff to bring - since I had to fill the FEs for 3 days - although it was only 5 things per day...and then I had to pack everything my son got to bring back.

I know this is a shorter cruise and my dad's GF is super crafty - so I'm honestly on the fence. It was fun - and I think more fun to actually do it with a larger group of people...but I'm not sure. If GF wants to do it, then I'll probably go along - if she's not super interested, we'll probably sit it out.

:welcome: Welcome Aboard :welcome:

We've never done a FE group so I can't answer that question. Hopefully as more people find this site, someone with prior experience can organize it. You and your family are going to have the best memories of fun on this cruise.

This is the second leg of a B2B for us. My nephew and his family (DW, DS 7, DS 5 and DD 4) will be sailing on the Sept 4, 3 night cruise as first timers. We're doing as PP stated and just having a family FE (which I still have to figure out).

Keep in touch and enjoy your first Disney cruise.

There is an active facebook group for this cruise: Disney Fantasy September 7-12, 2020 HOTHS (Cozumel & Castaway Cay). They have started making FE groups. Come and introduce yourselves and get to know your fellow passengers!

Welcome aboard and let's share our plans.

Hello everyone! Me, my mum and sister (all members on here) were originally on the San Diego to Vancouver on the Wonder, but timings were not working out, so we switched to this cruise; it was the latest cruise we could use our current placeholder on before it expired! So clearly not our first cruise!!! :rotfl: I think this will be cruise number six! Also, we are coming from Australia.

Trying not to get ahead of myself with planning, since it is still too soon to do most arrangements!
There's no such thing as planning too early!!! :D

When I sailed on the Fantasy in June (8 day), we did an FE with my husband's family focused on the kids (there were 5). I just felt like it was a lot of extra stuff to bring - since I had to fill the FEs for 3 days - although it was only 5 things per day...and then I had to pack everything my son got to bring back.
Wow, that is hardcore FE-ing! I understand that yours was a family-only thing, and everyone's rules are different, but I can see why that intensity would turn you off the idea of regular FEs.

Will anyone be setting up a fish exchange group? My husband and I have been reading up on them, and are very interested.
No one has setup an FE group here yet, but I am happy to volunteer to organise and run an FE group for us if people are interested. It's not my first FE rodeo - I have organised several FE groups on our previous cruises, so come with experience ;) We love doing FEs. On our previous cruise, a back-to-back on the Dream, no one wanted to organise one, so we just did some pixie-dusting instead, which was just as much fun!

Hello, I just booked this cruise today for myself and my husband. None of our 4 daughters will be with us this time. Our 3 oldest daughters are in college and our youngest daughter is a Junior in High School. None of them can afford to be away almost 2 weeks without it affecting grades. We originally had two 5-night cruises on the Disney Magic booked for the end of April but due to the Coronavirus pandemic they were canceled by Disney Cruise Line yesterday. We also booked the cruise that departs right after this one (a 7 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise). We were fortunate enough to get the same Stateroom on both sailings so we don't have to move rooms between the sailings. Because Disney Cruise Line cancelled our cruises they were generous and provided us with a 125% cruise credit which was enough additional money to allow us to book an upgraded room. We are in Stateroom 5162 which is a Family Veranda Stateroom (Category 4E). The difference in this Stateroom over other Category 4 Staterooms is that the EXTRA space usually inside the Stateroom is part of the Veranda so it is an Extended Veranda. I looked at photos online of the extended verandas and they look enormous. The veranda furniture includes two chairs and a table (like most verandas have) but they also have two additional lounge chairs that recline. It sounds so nice. We usually only book Porthole Staterooms to save money so having a veranda to enjoy for the entire 12 days we will be on the Fantasy will be great. I've requested to join the Facebook Group for this cruise but I wanted to post on this forum too in case some people only follow this one. I'm very excited to be booked on this cruise. Hope the next 5 months go by quickly.

Welcome to our cruise! I'm crossing my fingers at this point that we'll be able to go. I bought the airline tickets, but I haven't booked anything else at the moment.

Today I bought airfare, Disney Cruiseline transfers to/from the Orlando airport to Port Canaveral and transportation to/from our home to the airport we are flying out of too. I just don’t like to leave things undone. I feel better when everything is taken care of. All of these things can be cancelled if the cruise gets cancelled.

:welcome: Welcome Aboard.
We're also doing a B2B but a 3 day Bahamas before this 5-day cruise. We got the same room also. So convenient. Last January we did our first B2B to see how the "get off and get back on goes". It went very smoothly. We are all set with airlines and 2 days at SSR before the cruise. Can't wait till out online check-in in May.

Twin girls (DD 19, DD 19)?

:welcome: Welcome Aboard.
We're also doing a B2B but a 3 day Bahamas before this 5-day cruise. We got the same room also. So convenient. Last January we did our first B2B to see how the "get off and get back on goes". It went very smoothly. We are all set with airlines and 2 days at SSR before the cruise. Can't wait till out online check-in in May.

Twin girls (DD 19, DD 19)?
My husband and I did our first back-to-back cruises with Disney last year (a 3 Day Bahama Cruise with a 4 Day Caribbean Cruise). We enjoyed it a lot. I agree with you that the transition between the two cruises was very easy And Disney made it seamless. I loved being the last off and the first back on. We enjoyed about an hour on-board before other guests were allowed on. We received a complementary specialty coffee and snack at the Cove Cafe while enjoying the peace and quiet of a totally deserted ship. It felt so good knowing that our cruise was not over yet. We have several DVC Contracts at Saratoga Springs - we love that resort. We also own several contracts at Animal Kingdom - our 4 daughters favorite resort. We usually stay the night before a cruise at one of those resorts but due to timing we are flying in the day the cruise departs. By the way, I noticed in your signature that you have twin daughters. I have an identical twin sister - we are very close. I’m sure your daughters are too. Counting the days until this cruise is here.

We enjoyed being first back on the empty ship also. I was able to use the laundry on the deck without any competition. I parked myself at the Cove cafe between loads. I actually noticed your signature block with DD21, DD19, DD19, DD16 when you stated you had three in college. I am currently a graduate student.
The Sept. 4th cruise will be a 3 day Bahamas with my DB and DSIL plus my nephew and his family (DW, DS7, DS5, DD4). It will be the family's first trip to WDW and MK then their first cruise. We own SSR and Aulani. I figured we needed the additional 5-day western Carrib cruise to relax after a wild 5 days with the kids. I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa will be very active with their grandkids, but we have 3 rooms in a row so it will be an active part of the ship, Anyway, can't wait till September. After all this virus shut-in, there better not be a hurricane in the Atlantic.

With the PIF date fast approaching, we have made the decision to cancel. 😥😭 I hope everyone else gets to go on this cruise and has a total blast! 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!