Disney Fantasy - Western Caribbean - February 2, 2019

jenushkask8s

Cute and fluffy!
I didn't see a thread for this cruise yet and thought I'd get one started!

This will be the first ever cruise for DH and myself and we'll be celebrating my 40th birthday (we'll be in CC on my actual birthday)! So excited! :D

This will be the second time for my husband and I (last was for our honeymoon in 2004 on Disney Magic) and first for our three boys (will be) 13, 12, and 9.
We are so excited. It will be a late anniversary for us, early birthday for my oldest who will be 14 in March, and birthday for my husband...

Last edited:

Welcome! This will also be my first cruise so I don't have any tip/tricks to share but maybe someone else does!

Good Day...this is my families first ever Disney cruise. Any help hints and do you recommend the fish finder?

Download the Disney Cruise line app before you leave home. You can view menus, activities and schedules when aboard the ship.

Most families with kids pick the early dining. you will then be able to attend the second show. The Shows are very good.

Don't try to do everything. The schedule is packed during at sea periods of things to do.

Stop by at least 1 of the DVC presentations. You have a chance to win an on-board credit. My wife won $200.

We just booked our cruise! We have been on the Wonder twice, Magic once and this will be our 2nd cruise on the Fantasy... My sister and her family is going on this cruise and we decided to see it as an extended offer :-) So we asked and she said that we could join her on the cruise... So here we are! We decided to leave the boys at home and have a girls trip, so it will be my mother, myself and my daughter who will be 4 in May. This will make my mother and I Gold members so we are excited about that. We have debated about doing Fish extenders this round... So I will keep my ear open, but not jumping into that just yet! We have done FE's every cruise and it is fun, but normally I have a teenage son to assist in delivering....
Excited to get to meet all of you! We have met forever friends on Disney cruises before and hoping to gain more!
Sandi
From the Great State of Nevada

I'm so happy to be back on Disboards! I had an account for a number of years before, but I've since lost the login info. This will be our 14th Disney cruise and our second SWDAS - had a great time on the first one.

One reason for getting back to Disboards is that I veered off to the Facebook pages for each cruise and it has become not what I want from a thread. Also, I've been told that FEs are now substantial gifts and are managed into the ground. I would love to be part of a FE group that does it the old way...happy little tokens of "Thinking of you" items or things of that nature. I treasure little things that I've received over the years...a pin from someone who lives near NASA in Texas, a magnet from Australia, occasional candy or light sticks, a Disney pencil...just little thoughts. If anyone is interested in getting back to that, I'd love to be a part of that. Our plan for the moment is to not bring our fish extender to hang...for the first time. That's sad for us.

I'm very excited to be a part of this cruise. I wish for everyone to have a safe and fun time. The Star Wars theme is quite extensive and so much fun!

I'm sitting at work...making a budget for the cruise...checking my countdown calendar that it jives with my cruise app (283 days...it jives)...looking at videos from other people... I LOVE cruising DCL style!

I've been told that FEs are now substantial gifts and are managed into the ground.

We did a cruise last year and did not find that to be the case. We made gift bags with chocolate from a local shop. Cost about $4 per. We got some interesting things back and I would consider them to be about the same price as we invested.

Now as far as the management of the list, most of the problems were caused by people that signed up, would not or did not respond back or check for updates and then wanted back onto the list after the deadline had passed. We had to remake our gifts 3 time because the cabin list kept changing.

I guess I am saying the FE is as good as the people that sign up and choose what the parameters should be.

We did a cruise last year and did not find that to be the case. We made gift bags with chocolate from a local shop. Cost about $4 per. We got some interesting things back and I would consider them to be about the same price as we invested.

Now as far as the management of the list, most of the problems were caused by people that signed up, would not or did not respond back or check for updates and then wanted back onto the list after the deadline had passed. We had to remake our gifts 3 time because the cabin list kept changing.

I guess I am saying the FE is as good as the people that sign up and choose what the parameters should be.

That's so good to hear...I used to have so much fun making FEs and delivering them. On the last few cruises, people wanted to know what sizes everyone wore, favorite characters and colors, allergies, ages, relationships, sleeping habits, alcohol preferences, etc. It just got to feel like I was filling out a form rather than it being a spontaneous and fun project. I'm happy that you said your experience was good. Thank you for that.

New to the board and to cruising. I took my first Disney cruise with the kids this month and loved it. We're booked for this cruise and my family is extremely excited. There's a lot of information to digest to make the most out of this trip!

We did the Star Wars cruise in January. It was amazing how immersive the experience was! It was great to go with no real expectations and discover things everywhere.

So excited for this cruise! It's my forth, DW 3rd and DS(5y) 2nd but he was 3months on the first . Huge Star Wars family and celebrating my birthday 2/4. We are very interested in doing fish extenders but might need guidance on how to sign up. Also first time to use Oceaneers Club would love any tips you have.

The Swifts

I didn't see a thread for this cruise yet and thought I'd get one started!

This will be the first ever cruise for DH and myself and we'll be celebrating my 40th birthday (we'll be in CC on my actual birthday)! So excited! :D

Woot woot celebrating my birthday on the 4th...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!