Disney Film Release Schedule through 2023

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Per slashfilm.com

• March 8th, 2019 - Captain Marvel
  • March 29th, 2019 - Tim Burton's Dumbo
  • April 19th, 2019 - Disneynature's Penguins (new addition)
  • May 3rd, 2019 - Avengers 4
  • May 24th, 2019 - Guy Ritchie's Aladdin
  • June 21st, 2019 - Toy Story 4
  • July 19th, 2019 - Jon Favreau's The Lion King
  • August 9th, 2019 - Kenneth Branagh's Artemis Fowl
  • October 4th, 2019 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)
  • November 8th, 2019 - Untitled Disney Fairy Tale
  • November 27th, 2019 - Frozen 2
  • December 20th, 2019 - Star Wars Episode 9

• February 14th, 2020 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)
  • March 6th, 2020 - Untitled Pixar Film (previously March 13th, 2020)
  • March 27th, 2020 - Nikki Caro's Mulan (change)
  • April 3rd, 2020 - Untitled Disney Live Action
  • May 1st, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film
  • May 29th, 2020 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)
  • June 19th, 2020 - Untitled Pixar Film
  • July 10th, 2020 - Untitled Indiana Jones Film
  • July 21st, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film (previously August 7th, 2020)
  • October 9th, 2020 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)
  • November 6th, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film
  • November 25th, 2020 - Untitled Disney Animation
  • December 23rd, 2020 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)

• February 12th, 2021 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)
  • March 12th, 2021 - Untitled Disney Live Action
  • May 7th, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film (new addition)
  • May 28th, 2021 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)
  • July 9th, 2021 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)
  • July 30th, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film (new addition)
  • October 8th, 2021 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)
  • November 5th, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film (new addition)
  • November 24th, 2021 - Untitled Disney Animation
  • December 22nd, 2021 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)

• February 18th, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film (new addition)
  • March 18th, 2022 - Untitled Pixar Film
  • May 6th, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film (new addition)
  • May 27th, 2022 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)
  • June 17th, 2022 - Untitled Pixar Film
  • July 8th, 2022 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)
  • July 29th, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film (new addition)
  • October 7th, 2022 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)
  • November 4th, 2022 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)
  • November 16th, 2022 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)

• February 17th, 2023 - Untitled Disney Live Action (new addition)

Many of these future film dates will change as things get closer.

On a side note...just saw Disney moved up the next Avengers movie to release in April this year. I wonder if this is Disney trying to control the market, or take pressure off of the movies coming later like Deadpool 2 and Solo movie.

On a side note...just saw Disney moved up the next Avengers movie to release in April this year. I wonder if this is Disney trying to control the market, or take pressure off of the movies coming later like Deadpool 2 and Solo movie.
It was mentioned on twitter that the international release was a week earlier so they moved it to match that. I’m sure taking pressure off others also player a role.

I noticed nothing was indicated to be a Star Wars film after Episode IX - but could those just be included as a “untitled like be action movie”?

I noticed nothing was indicated to be a Star Wars film after Episode IX - but could those just be included as a “untitled like be action movie”?
Things are always moving around so one of them could definitely become a Star Wars film.

Definitely to give Solo some breathing room. Star Wars has fallen so hard and so fast these last few months that it is breathtaking.

Disney has two potential clunkers on their hands at the moment. The first is the $110 million-budgeted A Wrinkle in Time where early social media reaction is not promising at all and the $250-300 million budgeted Solo that has been rumored to have been almost entirely re shot by Ron Howard.

The problem with Disney is every one of their films(outside of the DineyNature films) are super-expensive and have to "hit it out of the park" every time in order to make a profit. In contrast, Universal have loads of smash comedy and horror hits with budgets as low as 5 million and they end up grossing hundreds of millions worldwide. Even their animation unit, Illumination, produces films for 70 million apiece compared to Disney/Pixar's 150-200+ million. Illumination films routinely leave Disney in the dust at the box office and in merchandise sales as well. I don't think their quality is REMOTELY close to Disney's but I seem to be in the minority there.

Definitely to give Solo some breathing room. Star Wars has fallen so hard and so fast these last few months that it is breathtaking.

Disney has two potential clunkers on their hands at the moment. The first is the $110 million-budgeted A Wrinkle in Time where early social media reaction is not promising at all and the $250-300 million budgeted Solo that has been rumored to have been almost entirely re shot by Ron Howard.

The problem with Disney is every one of their films(outside of the DineyNature films) are super-expensive and have to "hit it out of the park" every time in order to make a profit. In contrast, Universal have loads of smash comedy and horror hits with budgets as low as 5 million and they end up grossing hundreds of millions worldwide. Even their animation unit, Illumination, produces films for 70 million apiece compared to Disney/Pixar's 150-200+ million. Illumination films routinely leave Disney in the dust at the box office and in merchandise sales as well. I don't think their quality is REMOTELY close to Disney's but I seem to be in the minority there.

It doesn't seem very much advertising $ has been put in A Wrinkle in Time for sure. At least I'm not seeing it.

Admittedly I do not subscribe to cable or satellite but I haven't seen any network TV ads or much web browser advertising. I also don't use any social media.

I’ve seen a bunch of commercials for it where I live.
Ditto, and a bunch of publicity appearances on talk shows which I thought was too early. Last week Reese, Oprah and Mindy hosted a category on jeopardy with video answers. I’ve seen the push I just haven’t seen the social media excitement continue a la black panther. It’s there but quiter

Is Mary Poppins Returns this Christmas?

Disney will need a Star Wars film every year. I wonder if They will be making each trilogy in succession or alternating them each movie.

I’m looking forward to Indiana Jones

I thought they were making a Jungle Cruise movie with The Rock at some point. Any updates on that?

This sort of thing isn't really in my wheelhouse, could you elaborate on what that means? TIA:)

The Last Jedi made almost 800 million less than The Force Awakens
Worldwide. That's a huge drop, plus lots of negative chatter online about Disney's stewardship of the franchise.

Personally, I've loved all of Disney's Star Wars movies.

What do you mean by SW falling Hardin last couple months?

Edit, never mind I see you answered already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!