• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney first timer! Can hardly stand the waitibg anymore!!

vwhittington

Earning My Ears
Hello all! I've been looking around here for a couple weeks and I'm so glad I found this board! Helps me pass the time before our trip on feb 20!

My husband and I both have never been to disneyworld. We are taking our three children ages 11, 6 and 3. It is a surprise for my two youngest and would be for my oldest if she wasn't snooping through my phone.

Our trip is Feb 20-25 and we are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Doing one day at each park and have a few table service meals planned. Ohana, sci fi dine in, tusker house, coral reef and cinderellas royal table breakfast.

I'm wishing we would have booked one extra day to just hang around the resort and downtown disney but oh well. Have to remember that for our next trip!! Right now aside from my excitement, I'm worried about our flights being delayed or cancelled for some strange weather event. Lol!

Would love any feedback, tips etc. Just wanted to share my excitement with others who are just as excited as I am!

You're going to have a great time!! POR is our favorite resort and our home away from home. The waiting is the hardest part, lol!!

I have been to DisneyWorld many times before and I get just as excited as you in anticipation of the experience. Each time there is something new to see. We are heading there March 1st and I think I visit this website at least once a day to see how many days we have remaining on the countdown clock. You are going to absolutely love it all. I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. Don't miss out on the boat ride that takes you to Downtown Disney from Port Orleans. There are many things to see along the way that you wouldn't see on the bus ride there. The resort has a very relaxing atmosphere. We have never eaten at Ohana's but are trying it this time around since we are staying at the Poly... We have done the character breakfast at the Tuskar House but this time we are just going to have a nice lunch there. I hope you have a wonderful time and hopefully the weather will clear up better than it has been lately so that you no longer have to worry about your transportation plans there. I have been worrying a little lately about that same issue. It has to get better eventually!!:cool1:

Welcome! The waiting is definitely the worst part. :) You will be mesmerized by the magic. I had never been to WDW until 2 years ago and didn't know what I was missing out on. Now I'm hooked and will be going on my 3rd trip in 2 years in June. Hope it is everything you're dreaming of and more!

How exciting!! Our trip isn't until October, staying at AOA in the lion king suites. I'm constantly lurking on the boards, reading anything and everything Disney! I love summer and I don't want to wish it away, plus we have a beach trip that I still haven't planned for June...eek...but I am sooooo excited and can't wait for our trip to get here!!!! This will be DH & DS7 first time to the world. I haven't been for 15 years so this is like my first trip too at least the first one as an adult. Poor DH is tired of all of the disney talk,but now I have my DS almost as obsessed as I am with planning, plus he is now hooked on watching any and everything Disney!!! Have fun on your trip...it's just right around the corner :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter