Disney first timer here.... Need help plz!

sunshinejanie

Earning My Ears
Ok so, this will be our first time at Disney and boy is it overwhelming! First question is regarding flying. Are we allowed to take snacks on the plane in our carry on bag? I know no drinks are allowed but, the kiddo's will need something to eat. Anything else I might want to know about flying? Next, we are staying at the port orleans riverside alligator alley but, I asked the woman from Disney which bldg we were in and she said they wouldn't know until we checked in. Is this right? I really wanted to know where we would be. Lastly, what are some recommendations for reserving dining? I find this particularly hard because, I have no idea what park we will be in and when we will be there or needing to eat. What are some of the restaurants you recommend?

First Trip! How exciting!

About the flight---when we flew down (on Spirit Air from NJ) we were able to bring a few little snacks for DD. It wasn't a problem.

Few questions back at you...when will you be in Disney? How old are your kiddies? How long are you staying? Are you on the dining plan? Do you have park hoppers?

I think answering these questions will help people give you advice based on your family!

For example, if you are traveling with teens, advice will definitely be different then if you are traveling with toddlers! :)

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

We are going in June and staying @ POFQ...never stayed there, so I am looking forward to hearing about how you like POR. I don't think you can request a specific room, so I believe the CM was correct in telling you they won't know until you get there.

So...you have a little range in kids...the 9 and the 14 year old won't be into the same things (I am assuming). This will be me in a few years...we have a 4 year old and are talking about #2! :)

Anyway---do your kids like thrill rides? @ Hollywood Studios TOT is a MUST. Personally, I like it better than Rockin' Rollercoaster (but some will disagree). All of you can ride it together!

Anyway---dining. Do you have regular dining plan (1 TS, 1 QS and 1 Snack)? If so, you'll get to choose some really great TS! :)

I recommend Boma @ the AKL. It is my favorite buffet on property. There is plenty for the adventureous eater, but enough for the non adventuring type! Plus, AKL is beautiful and it fun to tour around (and check out some animals)!

Is your 9 yr. old into characters? You didn't mention if your children were boys or girls, either, so I am sorry if I recommend something that wouldn't suit their interests.

I think Chef Mickey's is also fun. The food is not amazing, but seeing Mickey and the gang will definitely put you in the Disney mood.

If you like German food, the Biergarten is terrific. Fun atmosphere and good food!

There is so many great choices to dine, it is hard to choose! :)

Kona Cafe @ the Poly always gets rave reviews. I have only eaten there for breakfast, but I really enjoyed it. Again, the resort is gorgeous and fun to walk around.

Whispering Canyon is another fun restaurant. It is @ the WL. The food was so-so for us...but it was highly entertaining and we had a blast.

It all depends on what you are looking for. Character dining? Non Character Dining? Upscale? Casual?

Whatever you choose, I am sure will be great!

Thanks for your help! I forgot to mention we have all girls and #4 is on the way so, I won't be riding the thrill rides. My 14 and 9 yr olds love the thrill ride stuff but, my 11 yr old does not. We do have the regular dining plan so, we are trying to figure out a plan for what park we will be in which day so I can reserve some dining. Thanks for the recommendations, I'm going to look into those!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter