Disney Fiscal 2017 and 4th quarter Earnings report

So will the Mickey Mouse celebration be 2018?...That's not that far away if they want to do something big. I wonder why we haven't heard anything about it yet.

A little more from Iger on this, from a September presentation:

"What is looming is Mickey's 90th birthday, which is 2018. That's going to be celebrated heavily across the company. We tend to discount Mickey a bit because he was created in 1928, but he's still one of the most popular products, if not I think the most popular single character in the world. And we have a lot in store in terms of support -- not only supporting that character but leveraging his 90th birthday. There was a lot of debate over the years, by the way, about whether you celebrate Mickey's birthday because no one wanted to admit that he was old, but we've decided that old is good, particularly in this world, and 90 is a special birthday."

What was it with Cars 3? Everyone that I know that saw it loved it. Was it too far removed from the first two or did people sour on it after Cars 2?

What kind of big deal for Mickey? Movies? Cartoons? Parks? Any ideas?

Netflix isn’t all that much. How low will this cost and will the tech be better than, say, their apps? Because their apps leave a lot to be desired.
I think everyone was so turned off by Cars 2 (though it gets better after repeat watchings .. and/or watching it with a 4yo).

Disney Streaming service substantially less than $9.99? Wow .. how much cheaper can it be? Half the cost?

I think they are all learning from CBS. The demand isn't there for $10 a month commercial free. It needs to be in that $5-$6 range now, probably $6-$7 range by the time Disney releases. I also don't think they will release the Disney product with all the golden oldies and stuff we think they should. I'm guessing it will rotate a few on and off every couple months. That way you have to stay subscribed.

Disneylife in the U.K. Is £4.99 so $6.99 and I find the content limiting on there. It's mainly the Disney animated classics and ton of Disney channel shows.

I think they'll go for $6.99 and raise it as they get more content. Only thing that worries me is that the quality of steams are poor. I need 1080p minimum streams if not 4K HDR on new content like Netflix.

Last edited:

As long as they dont talk about a ticket rice increase then I'm ok although I'm sure they'll increase the prices at the beginning of next year

A little more from Iger on this, from a September presentation:

"What is looming is Mickey's 90th birthday, which is 2018. That's going to be celebrated heavily across the company. We tend to discount Mickey a bit because he was created in 1928, but he's still one of the most popular products, if not I think the most popular single character in the world. And we have a lot in store in terms of support -- not only supporting that character but leveraging his 90th birthday. There was a lot of debate over the years, by the way, about whether you celebrate Mickey's birthday because no one wanted to admit that he was old, but we've decided that old is good, particularly in this world, and 90 is a special birthday."

We are going to Disney to celebrate my Grandpa's 90th Birthday! Both Mickey and my grandpa were "born" in 1928! I'm so excited for this! We hope to get some t-shirts made up. Any ideas for us?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter