Disney, fix what is broken please!

captjack2016

Earning My Ears
I am going to rant for a minute, the way Pete Werner likes to do when he's in the midst of talking about the monorails!

We are DVC and AP. We travel from MA to WDW about 4x a year. This last visit (April 25-May 4) had a LOT of hiccups. In addition to that, I am an Independent Travel Consultant and I have a client currently staying at POR who is also having a difficult time.

It started for us when our Magical Express got a flat tire at 9:30pm and we sat on the side of the road waiting for another bus to come get us. Finally got to the hotel, got to our room at BLT (16th floor) and room keys didn't work. I always utilize online check in for bands and cc. The next morning, the credit card did not work that was on our bands. Also, I asked to have our luggage held by bell services and I would call in the morning to have it brought up, instead they knocked on the door at 5:30 AM to deliver (insert eye roll here).
Besides the fact that Buzz Lightyear is literally falling apart (black duct tape, come on disney!), this completes our frustration on the trip.

My client who is staying at POR took her 6 year old daughter to WDW for the first trip. They had a terrible experience with the front desk staff there upon check in, and an even more frustrating experience with the bell services team. (Her bags but not food was delivered, when she called back for it, they told her it was on it's way, she waited 45 min and still didn't get it, was now running late for dining reservation at disney springs, called bell services back and got put on hold and call never got picked back up). Her husbands magic band didn't work to open the room when they got there. They rushed to their dining reservation and once there, their bands were scanned for the DDP and they were told there was an error and that it's showing that they never checked in and that they would have to pay cash for the dinner although they have the dining plan. As her agent, I made multiple phone calls to have them give her SOMETHING for all of her troubles, and they gave 3 extra fast passes ( COME ON THOSE DON'T COST YOU ANYTHING ). Now today her bus to Hollywood Studios is broken down on the side of the road, she will now be late for another dining reservation and Disney told her if she's later than 15 minutes that she will be charged. Her DISNEY BUS is BROKEN DOWN and they are trying to charge her for a missed dining reservation.

Something's gotta give. STOP cutting your staff, you are making this a much less magical place. Take care of your busses, your monorails, but most importantly your GUESTS because I can say for certain that this client will not be traveling to WDW again, and this saddens me more than anything else because I have such a love for all of it's beauty and magic!

DISNEY PLEASE LISTEN, fix what's broken or people will not go back.

End rant.

I am going to rant for a minute, the way Pete Werner likes to do when he's in the midst of talking about the monorails!

We are DVC and AP. We travel from MA to WDW about 4x a year. This last visit (April 25-May 4) had a LOT of hiccups. In addition to that, I am an Independent Travel Consultant and I have a client currently staying at POR who is also having a difficult time.

It started for us when our Magical Express got a flat tire at 9:30pm and we sat on the side of the road waiting for another bus to come get us. Finally got to the hotel, got to our room at BLT (16th floor) and room keys didn't work. I always utilize online check in for bands and cc. The next morning, the credit card did not work that was on our bands. Also, I asked to have our luggage held by bell services and I would call in the morning to have it brought up, instead they knocked on the door at 5:30 AM to deliver (insert eye roll here).
Besides the fact that Buzz Lightyear is literally falling apart (black duct tape, come on disney!), this completes our frustration on the trip.

My client who is staying at POR took her 6 year old daughter to WDW for the first trip. They had a terrible experience with the front desk staff there upon check in, and an even more frustrating experience with the bell services team. (Her bags but not food was delivered, when she called back for it, they told her it was on it's way, she waited 45 min and still didn't get it, was now running late for dining reservation at disney springs, called bell services back and got put on hold and call never got picked back up). Her husbands magic band didn't work to open the room when they got there. They rushed to their dining reservation and once there, their bands were scanned for the DDP and they were told there was an error and that it's showing that they never checked in and that they would have to pay cash for the dinner although they have the dining plan. As her agent, I made multiple phone calls to have them give her SOMETHING for all of her troubles, and they gave 3 extra fast passes ( COME ON THOSE DON'T COST YOU ANYTHING ). Now today her bus to Hollywood Studios is broken down on the side of the road, she will now be late for another dining reservation and Disney told her if she's later than 15 minutes that she will be charged. Her DISNEY BUS is BROKEN DOWN and they are trying to charge her for a missed dining reservation.

Something's gotta give. STOP cutting your staff, you are making this a much less magical place. Take care of your busses, your monorails, but most importantly your GUESTS because I can say for certain that this client will not be traveling to WDW again, and this saddens me more than anything else because I have such a love for all of it's beauty and magic!

DISNEY PLEASE LISTEN, fix what's broken or people will not go back.

End rant.

Take this rant, put it in an email and let'em know. Here's a good place, but hit up their email, as well as call them.

It’s called lean. Most places are using lean now. Walmart near me has maybe 2 cash registers open they want you to use self checkout. There is lots of companies that their job is to come into your work force and see how many people they can get rid of. Disney makes plenty of money we all know that. Should they use lean. No as you can see it effects the customers. Some customers will not be back because of lean. Disney figures they have lots of guests they can afford to be cut corners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter