Disney Food Nostalgia

ToffPrincess

Mouseketeer
I remember going to Disney as a little girl (1991-1995 ish) and there being these massive barrels at lots of snack locations. They used to contain pickles.. huge ones! I see the familiar massive turkey legs but I have yet to see a pickle in a barrel!

Also the soft serve machene at Gasparilla Island Grill when I was a kid was amazing. You could pull these huge servings of vanilla choc swirl and cover them with sprinkles. Those were the days!

Anyone else have anything they would like to see again?!

Hot wings from the Fireworks Factory at Pleasure Island and the dark chocolate Spaceship Earth filled with maple mousse from the millennial celebration at Le Cellier. The hot wings were the best I have ever had anywhere and came with yummy cornbread.

I miss when The Land had the individual counters - sandwich counter, pasta counter, potato counter, dessert counter, beverage counter...

I loved having a baked potato filled with cheese and broccoli. And getting Jiminy Crickets from the beverage counter.

When Boardwalk Bakery had the Mickey shaped chocolate chip muffins - I haven't been able to get them there, much less anywhere else. They were the best! All soft like a muffin top.

My grandparents and dad always talk about the Mcdonald's in the park, hahaha.

Main Street Bakery had those awesome ice cream cookie sandwiches- where they would take two gigantic chocolate chip cookies and hand scoop vanilla ice cream to sandwich between them- yum!!!
If the line was too long there, Sleepy Hollow had a very similar setup :)

The Land Pavilion used to have a BBQ section, back when it was Sunshine Season Food Fair- and you could choose between BBQ chicken or ribs with fries or mashed potatoes and coleslaw! <3

I also miss those huge pickles! Another thing I really miss is the honey lime dressing on the salad at 'Ohana. The new one is ok, but not as good.

Yes, I remember that Mickey butter! It was a cute touch, but odd to have to perform surgery on Mickey to butter anything! lol

I miss the strawberry swirl at Enchanted Grove (I think it's called Cheshire Cafe now). Also, I wish that Beach Club Marketplace still had the gelato case, and especially the pistachio.

Hot wings from the Fireworks Factory at Pleasure Island and the dark chocolate Spaceship Earth filled with maple mousse from the millennial celebration at Le Cellier. The hot wings were the best I have ever had anywhere and came with yummy cornbread.

Barbecue ribs at the Fireworks Factory washed down with a Killian's red or 2 or 3...…..

Oh, I agree. I think we miss the Fireworks Factory most of all. We ate there every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!