Disney Food Nostalgia

So the question is....was the food that good or is it nostalgia (with a dash of booze) that makes us miss the Fireworks factory?

Lol, I do remember drinking a lot. But I think it was good, the atmosphere food and booze all good.

Lol, I do remember drinking a lot. But I think it was good, the atmosphere food and booze all good.

The ribs were good, the only other place I remember having as good as that was a restaurant in Pensacola. It was a place back behind the Cordova mall back in the 80's, I can't remember the name of that restaurant.

I remember going to Disney as a little girl (1991-1995 ish) and there being these massive barrels at lots of snack locations. They used to contain pickles.. huge ones! I see the familiar massive turkey legs but I have yet to see a pickle in a barrel!

Also the soft serve machene at Gasparilla Island Grill when I was a kid was amazing. You could pull these huge servings of vanilla choc swirl and cover them with sprinkles. Those were the days!

Anyone else have anything they would like to see again?!
You can still find pickles in random places....but all pre-packaged now!!!

You can still find pickles in random places....but all pre-packaged now!!!

Is it sad that thats not the same to me? I want to see them bobbing around the brine in the barrel! :P Health and Safetly probably would never allow that bin 2018!

Both of these were at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Both were very good, not just nostalgia.
Fried White Cheddar Curds were served with the "Fried Cheese" appetizer.
Butter Griddled Pound Cake!

Memere's French Toast at the old Bonfamilles at POFQ, and the little shrimp & pork pot stickers at 'Ohana.

Bonfamilles! Port Orleans - before it became POFQ - was my first WDW resort, and it was so lovely having a nice little table service place right there for breakfast. Didn’t they have breakfast skillets? I definitely had the French toast at least once.

Itzakadoozies- we loved them!

So did we!

This dates me terribly, but in the ancient past, my family once stayed at the Golf Resort. In the Trophy Room they had a desert that seemed irresistible - French Fried Ice Cream. I was a very small girl at the time, but to this day, I can still close my eyes and see that bowl of yumminess arrive at the table. Yep, it is a silly thing to remember. But, of course, this was before I developed a palate for things like lobster, sushi and Doke Whip ... not on the same plate, though!

I stayed at the Golf Resort too! 1975. My mother said she loved that PCs more so then the Poly!

My DGD practically lived on those for two years! Her snacks were limited due to multiple food allergies, so the CHefs would often give her one for dessert. At Mickey's BBQ, which was nto a blast for her, she ate a little and filled up on those from the ice cream cooler> they were so good!

I miss the scalloped potatoes at 'Ohana. I can make then at home but they are just not the same.

My son too with his allergies. He was able to eat them too. He isn’t fond of the fruit bars now.

Similar to someone on the first page, I remember the Millennial Celebration dessert. We had ours at Rose and Crown, so it was slightly different. I think it was a dark chocolate Spaceship Earth with white chocolate mousse. So good! I also miss the little frozen strawberry fruit bars. When we went for the first time it was the beginning of June, and those were such a refreshing snack to help beat the summer heat! We found them when we came home and had a little taste of our trip, but I haven't seen them in a long time. Of course, I forgot about them and haven't looked, so maybe I'll check next time I'm at the grocery store!

Beaver tails in Canada, the chocolate chip cookies at Norway that had a chocolate. Disc in the middle with a picture my kids loved them. Also everything from the MK bakery especially the cinnamon rolls. It was great to sit there and take a break.

When Boardwalk Bakery had the Mickey shaped chocolate chip muffins - I haven't been able to get them there, much less anywhere else. They were the best! All soft like a muffin top.

My grandparents and dad always talk about the Mcdonald's in the park, hahaha.

I know we can get McDonalds anywhere, anytime, but for some reason the McDonalds fries from the cart in Frontierland always tasted so much better. They were always hot and fresh, and because we were in Disney, they were calorie free.

Character breakfast at Empress Lilly in the old Disney village. I think it was the first character breakfast. I’m pretty sure I went in around 85-86.

I’ve been going to WDW since the 70s so there are lots of things that aren’t there anymore. The Tangaroa Terrace at Poly. The Adventureland Veranda at MK. There used to be a make your own pizza thing at Fort Wilderness that I loved. Reasonably healthy snack options at Wonders of Life. The meatballs at Le Cellier when it was cafeteria style. I’m sure I could think of lots of others.

The ribs were good, the only other place I remember having as good as that was a restaurant in Pensacola. It was a place back behind the Cordova mall back in the 80's, I can't remember the name of that restaurant.
Any chance it was actually behind University Mall instead of Cordova? If it's the place I'm thinking of it's a radio station now - I can't remember what the restaurant was called, either, but we loved it.

Any chance it was actually behind University Mall instead of Cordova? If it's the place I'm thinking of it's a radio station now - I can't remember what the restaurant was called, either, but we loved it.

It was the mall over by N. Davis Ave. The restaurant was on the backside of the mall. If I'm not mistaken there was a theater on that side of the mall as well. This restaurant was a 2 story building, I wish I could remember the name of that place. It was open in the 80's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!