Disney for Adults Only??

Has anyone left their kiddos at home and went to Disney World with just your DH/DW? I want to do this, but would it look bad? My two youngest are nine years apart in age and fight like cats and dogs. It makes for some very unpleasant vacay moments.
My wife and I don't have kids by choice and we have been going to WDW just about every other years since we got married 15 yrs ago. I don't think it would look bad. Several of our friends do an "Adult Only" about every 5 - 7 years and they say they totally love WDW without kids as much as they love going with the kids. Without kids gives you the chance to do different things, see different things, and try new experiences.

My advice...............GO FOR IT!

My wife and I had always done the children trip and then later the children and grandchildren trip. We loved doing the parks with our families. Back in 2013 we were at WDW for the second time that year, this time without any children or grandchildren. It was a destination wedding trip and my 60th Brthday. We went for a week and it was at the middle of that week, sunning by the pool that my wife remarked "I don't know why it is but doesn't this feel like the best time we have ever had here?" Being that we have been married now for 45 years and our thoughts always seem to sync, I told her I was thinking the same thing and I figured out why-no kids, no family, just us. Ever since then we have done our annual trip, just the two of us and let me tell you something, it doesn't get any better than that. Yes we cherish the moments with our children and grandchildren but to be able to spend this time, just the two of us, and trully enjpoying "ourselves" has made each trip since then much more special. The kids still go down with their families every year and sometimes when we are there. We will meet for lunch or dinner or the fireworks but the rest of the day-it's just the two of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter