Disney Friendly Kids Sandals?

MrsRoyale

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

I am almost 6 months away and started my shopping for the trip and have a problem with my 4 year old. He absolutely hates wearing closed shoes. His feet sweat terribly and he is always taking his shoes and socks off (and they are completely soaked from sweating so much!)...So, I know closed sneakers are NOT going to work for him in the FL heat...

So does anyone have any recommendations for sandals for a kid that are park friendly (meaning comfortable, and not prone to blisters)?

Thanks all!

I was the most anti-sandals person there ever was until someone told me about Keens. Now the only time I don't wear the Keens is when I HAVE to wear dress shoes. They have a back and nothing between the toes, which were the two main complaints I had against sandals, and your feet get plenty of air.

I've found my L.L. Bean flip flops/sandals work perfectly for me when I'm in the parks. I've never gotten any blisters and I'm able to go the entire day without my feet getting sore. I've never purchased kids sized L.L. Bean sandals but I'm assuming they do exist.

my kids have always worn Crocs, until they got old enough to want to wear the $5.00 flip-flops from Old Navy :-)

Keens: Love these. They have a rubber toe bumper that protects the toes. They also dry quickly. We wear Keens Newport style.

Crocs: Love these. (We prefer the classic clog for comfort.) They also protect the toe and can be dried immediately by wiping with a napkin, if you can't wait for them to dry on their own. Crocs are also making a comeback with teens for some reason.

We have no issues with "stink" but we've always used antiperspirant deodorant sticks on our feet if we aren't wearing socks. (We use underarm deodorant, not foot one. We use the stick one, not spray, and just a few swipes on the sole and toe area. No need to go between the toes. LOL. We have a separate stick just for feet. And of course we only use it on clean feet!)

We've yet to use any other shoes for Disney. I have heard good things about Natives brand Jefferson style shoes for kids too.

We have no issues with "stink" but we've always used antiperspirant deodorant sticks on our feet if we aren't wearing socks. (We use underarm deodorant, not foot one. We use the stick one, not spray, and just a few swipes on the sole and toe area. No need to go between the toes. LOL. We have a separate stick just for feet. And of course we only use it on clean feet!)

I prefer the deodorant spray when putting it on my feet!

Kids Keen sandals are the bomb. And since many kids barely wear theirs, you can get good deals on nearly new on eBay. Brand new, expect to pay $50-65. My dh, ds2, and I all swear by Keens. Ds1 is ASD, and he will wear the Keens for water ride days, but prefers a high end surf shoe or open mesh hiking shoe for all day wear.

Our kids wear Keens, Crocs, and Tevas. They all dry easily and help air out the stinky feet, and we have some stinky feet in our group :crazy2:

Both my kids lover their Teva flip flops. It has a wide soft cloth thong and a soft sponge like base the foot sits on. They wore those more often than their sneakers.

Hello all,

I am almost 6 months away and started my shopping for the trip and have a problem with my 4 year old. He absolutely hates wearing closed shoes. His feet sweat terribly and he is always taking his shoes and socks off (and they are completely soaked from sweating so much!)...So, I know closed sneakers are NOT going to work for him in the FL heat...

So does anyone have any recommendations for sandals for a kid that are park friendly (meaning comfortable, and not prone to blisters)?

Thanks all!

I love LL Bean sandals. (And they do have kids ones...check out their sales, because styles regularly go on sale.) I have weird feet and they're the one brand I can wear consistently.

That said, we just got our 9-year-old a pair of Columbia sandals on clearance at Famous Footwear and he loves them.

We love Keens and Tevas for the kids as well. We've never had a complaint about sore feet when they're wearing either of those brands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!