Disney Gallery Discounts?

See this is the other reason I don't like the Kincaid Gallery system... RIP OFF!!! Sorry, but they should not be allowed to do this. Since I don't think this is an investment there is no way I am paying these prices....

I hear you CarolA!! It really all depends on the Kinkade gallery though, because they are all privately owned. They have to follow the rules on minimum dollar amounts for sale (meaning they can't undercut the rest of the market), but they can sell for whatever someone is willing to pay. As I mentioned, my mom's gallery is selling the large still at $2,400 where that other gallery I mentioned is selling for $4,900!! It all depends on the owners and how much they want to make. Fair is fair (heavy demand etc.) and that is part of the free market, but some will try and take advantage, which is really sad. I do disagree with you though on the investment side of things - as I am sure there were a ton of people buying to resell later and make money, which is what the investment thing is all about. JMHO

:earsgirl: I purchased my Kinkade the day of the release at Disneyland. YES, they honored the discount! But I don't think they gave it to you on the framing and shipping; just the piece itself. I have spoken to two galleries in the valley; they sold out the day it was released. :confused3 I don't think they have anymore there at all. Maybe Disneyland? Don't wait if you really want one :hourglass . GO drive there :moped: and get it! :cheer2:

I just purchased mine on ebay. Since we live in the country and it can get dusty I went for the paper instead of canvas. I was going to wait until Tues to order it from DL, but as fast as they were selling I decide to go for one on ebay.

Wow! There used to be a gallery at a local mall but they closed up shop about 3-6 months ago. I would love to have one but won't be going to DL in the near future. Annmarie

Disney sold their galleries to a company in Southern California several years ago. Since it is outsourced now discounts would be unlikely.

I called Disney today and found out you can order the Standard picture on either canvas or paper through DL merchandise guest services.

The Disney Gallery has the standard or Artist proofs in either paper or canvas still for sale.

You can get the 10% discount over the phone or in person but you have to have the Premium Annual Pass and NOT the Deluxe Annual Pass.

Roxann -- You might want to call Rick @ the Clackamas Mall gallery (353-9623) as they had some available (litho) that had a special frame. 18X27=$585, 24X36=$865. They were only getting a few so they may be gone already...but might be worth lookin into.

calypso*a*go-go said:
Roxann -- You might want to call Rick @ the Clackamas Mall gallery (353-9623) as they had some available (litho) that had a special frame. 18X27=$585, 24X36=$865. They were only getting a few so they may be gone already...but might be worth lookin into.

Lisa,

Thanks for the info. but if these are the standard on paper then the prices are higher than Disney's. I will be in California in 2 1/2 weeks and would keep it unframed and protect it in a mailing tub and carry it home on the plane. Now if these were canvas then that would be a GOOD deal.

By the way did you get tickets to Chicken Little? If so I will see you on Saturday morning!

We won't be @ Chicken Little as we leave for WDW tomorrow morning!!! Maybe we can meet up with you next time (I'm hoping for Lion,Witch,Wardrobe).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter