Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple people mentioned success at BB&B so I thought I'd give it a run.
I cashed in some of my Discover rewards (I'm sure some of you have rewards piled up from the Warehouse 5%) for BB&B gift cards at 20% off. Went into store today and tried to buy just gc with gc (no filler) and IT WORKED! The cashier didn't hesitate and the system accepted the transaction.
I normally just credit my rewards to my balance so this is a 20% savings on Disney GCs for me.

(I'm located in NJ if it makes a difference.)

By BB&B - you do mean Bed Bath and Beyond. Correct? Just want to make sure I'm not going crazy! I didn't realized they allowed gift card to gift card purchases. That may open up a whole other option for me if it is true.

By BB&B - you do mean Bed Bath and Beyond. Correct? Just want to make sure I'm not going crazy! I didn't realized they allowed gift card to gift card purchases. That may open up a whole other option for me if it is true.

Yep, Bed Bath and Beyond. So far so good, the couple of us that have tried no one's reported any troubles. Hopefully it works good for a while, now I know where my excess Discover cash is going to go... just have to take a couple months to build it back up :)

Double check that your BB&B carries them. Mine had gift cards all over the place, until closer inspection proved they were just a million different BB&B GCs!

Has anyone confirmed that they received cash back for a Disney GC purchase on BJs.com with Mr.Rebates. I've been off this board for a bit and tried looking back a few pages but haven't come across anything yet. Has it actually posted for anyone?

Thanks!

got an email that my wm gc is shipping- I think the main issues are with e-gc....why no just order a physical card?
Got card 1 delivered- 2nd card should be here today.... now to decide how to use them....

A couple people mentioned success at BB&B so I thought I'd give it a run.
I cashed in some of my Discover rewards (I'm sure some of you have rewards piled up from the Warehouse 5%) for BB&B gift cards at 20% off. Went into store today and tried to buy just gc with gc (no filler) and IT WORKED! The cashier didn't hesitate and the system accepted the transaction.
I normally just credit my rewards to my balance so this is a 20% savings on Disney GCs for me.

(I'm located in NJ if it makes a difference.)

Is the 20% off a Discover card only thing? Or, how did you get 20% off?

Is the 20% off a Discover card only thing? Or, how did you get 20% off?

With the Discover card cashback you have the option of turning your cashback into a gift card for a discount (or as they like to say, a bonus :) ). What we've found is some BB&B have Disney gift cards and you can use a BB&B gift card to buy them (so far) and Discover offers the $25 GC for $20. So you could have either gave your self $20 cash or turn that into a $25 BB&B gift card for a savings of 20% on a Disney GC.

Hmm. Is Discover the only card that works on?

You'd have to check your cards for what deals they have. A couple of my cards give the option of getting giftcards with your cash/points but they're either a 1 to 1 ratio or worse. So there's no incentive to get a gift card on those. Occasionally Chase UR will do a sale on specific gift cards but I haven't seen that a lot lately. Discover always gives a bonus if you redeem for gift cards.

Can I buy GC with GC at Toys'r'us?

(I apologize if this has been asked before)

Update. Received my $50 Wal-mart gift card and the AmEx credit. As a couple of people mentioned above, the day prior to getting the credit, it disappeared from my deals on AmEx website and I freaked out. All is well.

Today, I went to Wal-mart and bought a $50 Disney gift card with it. No problems at all. Thank you fellow DISers for the heads up on this deal.

Update. Received my $50 Wal-mart gift card and the AmEx credit. As a couple of people mentioned above, the day prior to getting the credit, it disappeared from my deals on AmEx website and I freaked out. All is well.

Today, I went to Wal-mart and bought a $50 Disney gift card with it. No problems at all. Thank you fellow DISers for the heads up on this deal.

That's awesome! I did get the credit on my AmEx too... still waiting for the GC to arrive tho. Originally it said it would arrive by Jul 20, they shipped it on the 20th, finally updated the estimated arrival time on the 21st to "Jul 20 -22" but after 48hrs there's no tracking info still. Needless to say the 22nd came and went now I'm wondering what they'll change it to next week. :) I'm starting to wonder if I should have ordered a different card, I picked the $50 walmart card but I noticed that they had a bunch of designs that were variable load. Maybe I'd have got a better response with one of those.

That's awesome! I did get the credit on my AmEx too... still waiting for the GC to arrive tho. Originally it said it would arrive by Jul 20, they shipped it on the 20th, finally updated the estimated arrival time on the 21st to "Jul 20 -22" but after 48hrs there's no tracking info still. Needless to say the 22nd came and went now I'm wondering what they'll change it to next week. :) I'm starting to wonder if I should have ordered a different card, I picked the $50 walmart card but I noticed that they had a bunch of designs that were variable load. Maybe I'd have got a better response with one of those.
same here on my 2nd one- I chatted online- they said it would be here on 7/25 instead....all good so far

I ordered the last of 3 $50 eGC from Walmart this morning and had it within an hour. The other two have already posted in my AmEx accounts with the $10 savings. Now to head off to Walmart to get my Disney GC. Glad that I finally got one of these AmEx offers. It seems that a lot of times, none of my accounts get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts