Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband went to Lowe's yesterday to take advantage of the $10 off $50 via Am. Ex. offer and the receipt printed another $10 off $50 coupon. It states in-store only between May 31 - June 3 to redeem and excludes "Liebherr GC's". Hmm, I think I'll be going back to take advantage of this deal! :woohoo:

So I stopped by my kroger yesterday and picked up a $100 visa card. I checked this morning to make sure my points loaded fine and I saw the 4x fuel points was still listed in my coupons. I'm thinking it can be used more than once, but I wasn't planning on trying to use it again since our December trip is all paid for already. I wasn't sure if anyone else wanted to try, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I may try it tomorrow - first with a small 3rd party card (I have that coupon too). And then maybe I'll try another $100 Visa.

@havaneselover , have you tried using more than once?

So I stopped by my kroger yesterday and picked up a $100 visa card. I checked this morning to make sure my points loaded fine and I saw the 4x fuel points was still listed in my coupons. I'm thinking it can be used more than once, but I wasn't planning on trying to use it again since our December trip is all paid for already. I wasn't sure if anyone else wanted to try, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

My trips are paid for as well so I'm causally stock piling for my next trip but only on offers that make it worth my while. Really wish Kroger would put out the $5 off Visa/MC coupon!

Ooh. I will give it a try tomorrow.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I may try it tomorrow - first with a small 3rd party card (I have that coupon too). And then maybe I'll try another $100 Visa.

@havaneselover , have you tried using more than once?
Not yet. Just once. But I made a second purchase and my receipt showed both 4x e-coupons. I’m 99% sure it is still available.

Can someone remind me when the Cashstar $10 reward certificates are supposed to hit? I wrote it down somewhere and now I can't find it.

I am trying to get caught up on this thread. I got that B.B. is not allowing you to buy gift cards with a gift card. Is Target? I tried today and bought something else. A staff person had to help me with something and saw the target gift cards. She told me I could not use them then tried to tell me she was going to back out the $5 one I used. I stopped her as the extra item was over $5. She watched me like a hawk after that.

Cashstar $10 reward certificates are supposed to hit?
What is this?

Thanks!!!

I am trying to get caught up on this thread. I got that B.B. is not allowing you to buy gift cards with a gift card. Is Target? I tried today and bought something else. A staff person had to help me with something and saw the target gift cards. She told me I could not use them then tried to tell me she was going to back out the $5 one I used. I stopped her as the extra item was over $5. She watched me like a hawk after that.

Target's corporate policy allows it, however, individual stores could have rules against it... or could have over zealous cashiers that make up their own rules.

Just went our local target and they pulled all 50 and 100 dollar cards from the racks. The clerk said they could only sell the 25 dollar cards. He said the manager wanted to know why they had sold so many (200,000.00) this month. Not sure what is goin on. I did get what I went for just lots of 25 dollar cards.

Just went our local target and they pulled all 50 and 100 dollar cards from the racks. The clerk said they could only sell the 25 dollar cards. He said the manager wanted to know why they had sold so many (200,000.00) this month. Not sure what is goin on. I did get what I went for just lots of 25 dollar cards.
Manager is worried about fraud at your local store. (That’s a stupid high amount of one gift card brand to be selling tbh, I completely understand the manager’s freak out.)

What is this?

Thanks!!!
Definitely allowed at Target. Try going at a totally different time of day so you don’t get that cashier. If you come across a few who act the same way it’s coming from their manager and you’ll need to try a different store. If the clerk is no sure and is like “oh, I don’t think that works...” you can always try “oh, that was an it glitch, totally works now I think let’s just give it a shot...” and see if they bite.

Fraud may be the concern. They did have the 50 and 100 cards in a box but would not sell them. No Disney cards of any denomination on display at any of the registers. If you wanted one you had to ask.

Target's corporate policy allows it, however, individual stores could have rules against it... or could have over zealous cashiers that make up their own rules.

Perfectly worded!

Is Target? I tried today and bought something else. A staff person had to help me with something and saw the target gift cards. She told me I could not use them then tried to tell me she was going to back out the $5 one I used. I stopped her as the extra item was over $5. She watched me like a hawk after that.

I went to Customer Service to pick up an online order and had Target GC's on my app, the females working there showed me how to purchase Disney GC's with the Target GC's.

I should also add on the day something similar happened at my Target as well. I looked high & low to find the Disney GC's but they were nowhere to be found, they were not pulled but purchased in very large quantities $2g's + by a few individuals whipping out the $100's, $50's and leaving a few $25's. The Customer Service gal I was working with helped me to find one which was located by a cash register - all stated in a previous post.

I need to go and get the rest of mine Target cards churned. I do the self check out and have had very few problems. But I only do around $150-$200 at a time, not a huge amount.

My BJ's have the $150 3pk of Disney cards back in store and the price tag reads $143.99 again (had been 146.99 before) so back to a 4% discount, same discount as the $100 at $95.99. The other denominations haven't changed so they are still 3% or less discount.

Went to my BJs last week, and found a very different and upsetting situation. I was trying to buy 2 $100 cards for DS Senior Trip next week, always buy the $100 as best % off as mentioned. However, they only had $150(for $146.99), some $50(no price tag), and a ton of $25-500/pick your amount - I figured this means no discount, so checked with cashier, and she said that whatever amount you put on you would pay, confirming this. She also said they would probably be getting more $100 in, but I am pretty sure that is not correct:sad:. I had my parents check their BJs today, and only had the pick your amount. I will call a few other stores nearby to see if they have any left, but really bummed if this is the way it is going to be - BJs will lose a lot of sales of these - why would I buy there if no discount? But I am guessing it may be Disney changing the policy.

Really wish I had bought these last month - got one at our ShopRite w/$10 off grocery offer, but figured I'd get the others there, and just put it off. Could have ordered online last week, but was afraid they wouldn't come in time.

Don't know if others have already posted about this, but thought I'd give an FYI .

Me too. They only had $25 at my store. I could find 5. I bought 4 of the 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter