Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a discount Sam’s Club or BJs are your only options. At a 1:1 ratio off the top of my head you can buy gift cards with credit cards at Walmart, Office Depot, Staples, Best Buy, Target. Some Bed Bath and Beyonds if they sell 3rd party gift cards, some grocery stores. And then there is always the Disney Store online of you want to pick out a unique Disney gift card (free shipping and no upcharge).
I may have just not had enough coffee yet, but can't we still get 5% off at Target with the Red Card?

I may have just not had enough coffee yet, but can't we still get 5% off at Target with the Red Card?

I think Target wasn't mentioned in my response because I stated that I wanted to use the credit on my Disney Visa so the 5% at Target wouldn't apply but it was a question that I was also wondering :)

Do any Best Buy or Target stores still allow purchasing Disney gift cards with their own gift card? I tried my two local stores and had no luck but if it is not nationwide I will keep trying if I am in the area of a Target or BB!

I think Target wasn't mentioned in my response because I stated that I wanted to use the credit on my Disney Visa so the 5% at Target wouldn't apply but it was a question that I was also wondering :)

Do any Best Buy or Target stores still allow purchasing Disney gift cards with their own gift card? I tried my two local stores and had no luck but if it is not nationwide I will keep trying if I am in the area of a Target or BB!

Unfortunately, no, neither store will take a gift card for a gift card anymore. :sad:

I just tried to pick up a few Disney gc's from BJ's for our upcoming trip and was disappointed to see that you now need to be a member.
Can anyone point me to the page or give me a quick list of stores that allow you to purchase Disney gift cards without a membership? I earned the $200 statement credit from a recent referral offer and wanted to purchase the gift cards on my Disney Visa with the statement credit. TIA!
If you're looking to pay with your Disney card, you could buy them at Bestbuy with the Swagbucks qr code (if you do Swagbucks). If you're a member of Sam's you can get them at a discount. I've purchased discounted Walmart cards online and then used them to buy discounted Disney cards online at Sam's. There were some good discounts to join Sam's recently. I don't know if they're still around. When I joined earlier this year it ended up costing me less than $5 which I have more than made up for in discounted cards.

There were some good discounts to join Sam's recently. I don't know if they're still around. When I joined earlier this year it ended up costing me less than $5 which I have more than made up for in discounted cards.

Do you mind sharing which discounts you used? For $5-I would get a membership just for online purchases. We do not have a store within an hour of us so I know I will not get much use of the membership other than online.

If you're looking to pay with your Disney card, you could buy them at Bestbuy with the Swagbucks qr code (if you do Swagbucks). If you're a member of Sam's you can get them at a discount. I've purchased discounted Walmart cards online and then used them to buy discounted Disney cards online at Sam's. There were some good discounts to join Sam's recently. I don't know if they're still around. When I joined earlier this year it ended up costing me less than $5 which I have more than made up for in discounted cards.
So Sam's will let you buy Disney GCs using a Walmart GC? I'm always a little weary of GC to GC attempts :crazy2:

My thinking is that I might be able to find a grocery store that sells WM gift cards and use the Freedom (5% CB on grocery stores this quarter) to pay. Plus another 4% or so off purchasing them from Sam's sounds better than the 5% I had been doing previously at Target.

So Sam's will let you buy Disney GCs using a Walmart GC? I'm always a little weary of GC to GC attempts :crazy2:

My thinking is that I might be able to find a grocery store that sells WM gift cards and use the Freedom (5% CB on grocery stores this quarter) to pay. Plus another 4% or so off purchasing them from Sam's sounds better than the 5% I had been doing previously at Target.
Yes, I'd test it in a small amount first to see if there's anything weird about your Sam's but so far people have been successful using WM gc at Sams to purchase gc.

None. Both systems have been fully upgraded to not allow this anymore.

Chase Freedom categories are Walgreens, Gas Stations and Lyft (Jul-Sep), if that's the Freedom card you are referring to.

I haven't seen any stores selling WalMart (or Sam's) GC's other than WM. Most places with 3rd party GC's are getting them from GiftCardMall and it doesn't seem like GCM has a deal with WM to sell their GC's. I was looking last year around the holiday's trying to get a discount when gift giving and best I could do was buy them straight at WM using my Chase Freedom for 5% back that quarter.

After all that, yes, for now at least Walmart/Sam's GC > GC works. I'd use the website to be sure as individual store policies can always vary, but it's working online plus the biggest discount is online (the $150 pack).

Do you mind sharing which discounts you used? For $5-I would get a membership just for online purchases. We do not have a store within an hour of us so I know I will not get much use of the membership other than online.
It was a combination of discounts. I had an amex offer and used a shopping portal offer. It was either topcashback or swagbucks. I don't have a Sam's near me either, so I never did get my free chicken and pizza which I think were part of the deal. I found the info on the doctorofcredit site. There are membership deals periodically. I waited until I found a deal that was too good to pass up. If there isn't a deal now, another member can refer you and you'll get a $20 egiftcard. Though that's probably not enough of a discount to make it worthwhile if you'll just be ordering online.

I have only done it online. Sam's website limits you to using up to 4 giftcards per purchase. I have purchased WM cards from Raise when they have promotions. This quarter is gas stations and Walgreens for the Freedom card, but maybe they have WM cards.

I feel like someone advised me on this but I can't find it...

For buying Disney GCs in store at Sam's with a Walmart GC, will I have trouble trying to use GCs earned from Swagbucks, Microsoft rewards, or shopkick?

I thought that maybe we could start a thread where everyone can post the deals that they are finding on Disney gift cards. I have not seen any in my area, but I would love to know if there are any around. Please post where you live, the store, and what the deal is. I know the Target 5% is the big one, but I know that some grocery stores have some too.

Thanks! This should help everyone to save a little extra :thumbsup2

I checked Sam's club and they have member's only price of $484 for a $500 gift card. I guess that is pretty nice. Thanks for starting this thread BTW, really helpful!

The $150 Disney gift cards at Sam's are a better deal, $143 for $150 is a 4.68% discount. The $500 cards are only a 3% discount.

Does Sam's charge a shipping or order fee or is the total $143 for the $150 worth of cards?

Are there any other perks to a Sam's membership at Walmart or Murphy gas stations? We do not have a Sam's close but do frequent Walmart and Murphy so I am trying to assess whether a membership would be worth it! The best I could find today would be $20 OOP for the one year basic membership with Sam's. BJ's online membership is $10 so I am weighing my options :)

I just tried to pick up a few Disney gc's from BJ's for our upcoming trip and was disappointed to see that you now need to be a member.
Can anyone point me to the page or give me a quick list of stores that allow you to purchase Disney gift cards without a membership? I earned the $200 statement credit from a recent referral offer and wanted to purchase the gift cards on my Disney Visa with the statement credit. TIA!
I also had that issue. Have been buying all my Disney gc at Bj's, for the past few years, then this year they want everyone to be a member. I finally signed up for the Bj's internet only option for $10 (no stores near me) since the amount I'm buying still makes it worth it - Sam's deosn't have that option. Has been working well, already bought 23 with no issues. Good luck!

I should probably mention, I've been buying $100 gc at 4% discount through Bj"s. That way I can get my rewards through my visa as well (vs. my Target Redcard). I also like Bj's because although the website says you can only buy 3 at a time, I always buy more, it always goes through. Got my shipped email today for my most recent purchase - 8 cards. That helps when you buy as many as I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter