Disney Gift Card Deals

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Wanna be Ariel, Jun 13, 2012.

1. linzjane88

linzjane88 Closet Disneyphile

Ours was out too, pretty much since the last week in September when my BFF and I bought the last couple during the RMN deal. I am not sure how often they refill them but it's disappointing. The nice manager that was on looked for more but no dice. My friend and I are going to go into the city to go "gift carding" where there are more stores to hit up.

Curious, what was the total yours came to and did it prompt the cashier to check ID?

2. linzjane88

OD/OM has a deal for 5$ each off two, it runs through 10/13. You end up with 2x $25 GC for $40. There are not signs up at many stores.
    Safeway (and maybe the stores affiliated with them?) has 10% off the "churnable" flavors of Happy cards (I.E. BBB/HD) through the 16th.

CouponGirl and twoolle like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. *WDW*Groupie*

*WDW*Groupie* DIS Veteran

I bought a $50.00 Visa gift card and a $50.00 Starbucks card and they had to check my ID. The girl was really nice and was asking what the Happy Guy card was as she had never seen it before. Her associate said "oh those are just like Visa cards"! There is another HD a bit further from my house -- I called and they have Disney GCs so I will go there after work today.

Thankfully my cards from Gift Card Mall were the "Happy Lady" cards and I can use them at the local BB&B (I called them first to make sure they carried Disney GCs and they said they did and had plenty!).

5. linzjane88

Ugh, my local BBB doesn't have any gift cards :sad:. We also don't have any BuyBuyBaby around here. Womp womp!

6. linzjane88

Do any of the portals pay out on GC purchases through sams?

7. razsav

razsav Mouseketeer

I did this yesterday, online order and club pickup. So far, nothing is pending.

8. wendow

wendow We create happiness.

So you can use these happy guy cards at HD to buy Disney GCs?

disneymagicgirl likes this.
  9. wendow

Ebates and SB's neither one ever credit when I buy GC's from Sams.

linzjane88 likes this.
  10. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

RMN has been working for me, for $5

11. PerfessorZ

PerfessorZ DIS Veteran

I had the $5 RMN show up as pending the day after I made the purchase. I won't know 100% for sure that it worked until the money's in my PayPal, but I'm optimistic.

linzjane88 and wendow like this.
  12. wendow

Yes, RMN has been working for me as well (well, has worked once and another is pending now)! I forgot about it when answering @linzjane88

linzjane88 and amalone1013 like this.
  13. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

I have one pending too. I'm optimistic since its worked before for me and others :)

wendow likes this.
  14. linzjane88

Yes! and it works if you link to RMN too! However RMN is 5$/100 and the $100 threshhold at HD seems to trigger an ID check which can be YMMV since your 'technically' buying a GC with a GC. It may be worth it to forego the RMN and fly under the radar through self check. If that $10/25$ HD came back through RMN? Kill me dead! :hyper:. That would be like 60% off!

15. CouponGirl

CouponGirl Mouseketeer

Thanks for explaining!

linzjane88 likes this.
  16. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

I am 0/2 as well. One was groceries so I got it manually credited later.

17. disneymagicgirl

Mine hasn’t gone pending for either. Thanks for the DP.

18. disneymagicgirl

Thanks for explaining! At HD, do you just put it in the credit card chip thing like a normal cc? Or do you swipe? No pin needed, I assume?

So please verify:
    1.go to Office Depot and buy (2) $25 happy guy cards for $40 (no coupon, correct)
    2.go to Home Depot and use the $50 happy guy cards for $50 disney GC (one transaction?)

Did I miss anything? I guess I will skip the RMN part since it may require an ID check.

ETA: Is there a max on the # of happy cards in one purchase at Office Depot?

wendow likes this.
  19. wendow

My Dosh was immediate but my RMN took two days to show up. Only bought Disney GCs.

20. wendow

Thanks for explaining! I hadn’t followed the chatter on these cards. Did I read these cards can be linked to RMN ?

21. kidsfirsttrip

kidsfirsttrip DIS Veteran

Tried the Happy card at Bed bath and beyond - it was a no go for buying a gc. I swiped and got an error. She looked at the card and said no way. I tried to argue it was a visa and to run as credit but she was adamant. I did go home and use it online to buy a $50 bbb gc with it. Worked no problem. I’ll just use that for the holidays. Perhaps there was a chip and I should have inserted??

Texans_loyal likes this.