Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried the Happy card at Bed bath and beyond - it was a no go for buying a gc. I swiped and got an error. She looked at the card and said no way. I tried to argue it was a visa and to run as credit but she was adamant. I did go home and use it online to buy a $50 bbb gc with it. Worked no problem. I’ll just use that for the holidays. Perhaps there was a chip and I should have inserted??

It says right on the card "attn cashier: please ring up as "credit" not "gift" " :sad2:

If she rang it up as a gift card then that's probably what the error was. It's not a traditional closed loop card like a BB&B GC would be so it won't work as a gift card. For payment purposes these are the same as Visa GC (just restricted to certain merchants).

The Happy Guy gift cards seem very popular. I suggest you call the Office Depot store before going. I went to one and they were sold out and another only had 2 left. They said they are out at all the other stores near me.

Tried the Happy card at Bed bath and beyond - it was a no go for buying a gc. I swiped and got an error. She looked at the card and said no way. I tried to argue it was a visa and to run as credit but she was adamant. I did go home and use it online to buy a $50 bbb gc with it. Worked no problem. I’ll just use that for the holidays. Perhaps there was a chip and I should have inserted??

I just got home from my BBB. They looked at one of the cards and told me it was fine. When I went to purchase more than one the manager said “no way.” I only ended up getting one Disney card on that trip. I didn’t have to use a chip, only swiped it and selected credit. Worked fine with no problems. I guess I’ll have to go back a few more times to get the rest

I went to Home Depot too for some and had zero issues. Used self check out with no problems or errors.

OD/OM has a deal for 5$ each off two, it runs through 10/13. You end up with 2x $25 GC for $40. There are not signs up at many stores.
Safeway (and maybe the stores affiliated with them?) has 10% off the "churnable" flavors of Happy cards (I.E. BBB/HD) through the 16th.
Not to beat a dead horse but no coupon is needed to get the 2-$25 Home Depot cards from Office Max or Office Depot for $40?

Does anyone know if you can link Visa or Mastercard gift cards to any of the rewards sites (dosh, RMN, etc)? I know some ask for name or zip code, how would you handle that with a gift card?

Yes! and it works if you link to RMN too! However RMN is 5$/100 and the $100 threshhold at HD seems to trigger an ID check which can be YMMV since your 'technically' buying a GC with a GC. It may be worth it to forego the RMN and fly under the radar through self check. If that $10/25$ HD came back through RMN? Kill me dead! :hyper:. That would be like 60% off!

When you linked your happy to RMN did you use your name as cardholder name? Wondering if I did something wrong in registration.

Does anyone know if you can link Visa or Mastercard gift cards to any of the rewards sites (dosh, RMN, etc)? I know some ask for name or zip code, how would you handle that with a gift card?
I linked a Visa reward card we got from our Kia dealer to the RMN app and proceeded to purchase a $25 disney gift card with the $10 cash back.

Oh, and I did input my name and zip code when I registered that Visa reward card on the rmn app.

Can anyone verify if you can use Home Depot gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards? I called our local JC Penney (included in many of the Happy gift card options) and they carry Home Depot gift cards

So I'm thinking - buy the Happy cards for JCP, buy a Home Depot card there, then use the Home Depot card to buy Disney?

I realize this is really convoluted, but it seems like most Office Max/ Depot store by me are sold out of the Happy Guy cards and this could be a loop hole :P

Can anyone verify if you can use Home Depot gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards? I called our local JC Penney (included in many of the Happy gift card options) and they carry Home Depot gift cards

So I'm thinking - buy the Happy cards for JCP, buy a Home Depot card there, then use the Home Depot card to buy Disney?

I realize this is really convoluted, but it seems like most Office Max/ Depot store by me are sold out of the Happy Guy cards and this could be a loop hole :P
Cannot use HD gift cards to buy Disney gift cards.

Today I got an email from a B2B rep at BJs as I've purchased $1,000 - $2,000 at a time in the past for upcoming trips, notifying me of a current promotion. Even though they would be the only ones to know that I had placed previous orders, I was wary of phishing and was not going to call someone and give my credit card info. So it worked out, as I was able to place an order on their web site and then email him the order number and because I bought 50 of the $100 cards he added another $199.50 discount off the order due to the promotion. So if you have a big trip planned and will be buying a stack of gift cards anyway, see the email chain from this evening and send an email to one of the two B2B reps noted in the thread to arrange for the extra discount - goes until the end of October.

--------------------------------------------
On Thu, 10/11/18, Sullivan, Bryant <bsullivan@bjs.com> wrote:
Subject: Disney Gift Card Promotion
To: "Sullivan, Bryant" <bsullivan@bjs.com>,
"Lockhart, Brian" <blockhart@bjs.com>
Date: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 5:49 PM

We are running a promotion on the Disney gift cards from now through the end of October. Since you have purchased Disney cards in larger quantities from BJs.com in the past, we wanted to reach out directly to see if you are interested in placing any orders for cards at this time.

We are offering discounts from 5% - 8% off of face value depending on the size of the order. Please let us know how many cards you are interested in and we will place the orders on your behalf through BJs.com. We have inventory available so we can ship with our standard 3-5 day lead times for card activation.
Please feel free to call directly if you would like to discuss in more details.

Link to Website:

https://www.bjs.com/category/gift-cards/124013?query=disney

-----------------Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:10 PM
To: Sullivan, Bryant <bsullivan@bjs.com>; Lockhart, Brian <blockhart@bjs.com>
Subject: Re: Disney Gift Card Promotion

Hi Bryant,

How many need to be purchased to get the 8% discount?

Thanks
Jeff H

---------------------------
Subject: RE: Disney Gift Card Promotion
To: "Jeff H"
"Lockhart, Brian" <blockhart@bjs.com>

Date: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 7:14 PM

Jeff, thanks for the quick response. We are looking for orders above $5,000 to qualify for the full 8% off of face value discount, for a $92 price on the $100 cards. For $2,000 we would be able to offer a 5% discount that would give you a $95 price on the $100 cards.

Let us know how many cards you are interested in and we can set up an order for you.

Thank you,
Bryant P. Sullivan
Director, B2B Sales
774-512-5928

-----------------------------
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:24 PM
To: Lockhart, Brian <blockhart@bjs.com>;
Sullivan, Bryant <bsullivan@bjs.com>

Bryant,

OK thanks, I will take $5,000 worth, they don't have an expiration date so those should last me for quite a while!

Thanks
Jeff
-----------------------------
To: "Jeff H" , "Lockhart, Brian" <blockhart@bjs.com>
Date: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 7:52 PM

Jeff, sounds good. We can place the order via phone or you can place the order directly on BJs.com and send us the order confirmation and we will apply the discount.

Thank you,
Bryant P. Sullivan
Director, B2B Sales
774-512-5928
----------------------------
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:01 PM
To: Lockhart, Brian <blockhart@bjs.com>; Sullivan, Bryant <bsullivan@bjs.com>

Bryant,

Done - order number is 8145xxxx

I am a regular participant on a Disney forum and it's a popular topic on how to get better deals on gift cards. Did you want me to pass your email addresses to the forum users? You may get a few responses or a lot, but I wanted to check with you before posting the addresses.

Thanks
Jeff

------------------------------
Jeff, all set. The credit has been applied to your order. Please free to pass along this offer and our contact information to the forum that you mentioned

Thank you,
Bryant P. Sullivan
Director, B2B Sales
774-512-5928

Any idea how long it will take ship them to me? Trip is in about 3 weeks. I was sort of hoping to get a few and confirm they really are accepted at the retailers near me in exchange for GCs, and then order more.
I received mine in less than a week. I'd allow a week. I ordered about $250 and it was shipped priority to me.

Not to beat a dead horse but no coupon is needed to get the 2-$25 Home Depot cards from Office Max or Office Depot for $40?
No coupon is needed, but just buy one for $50 and you'll get a $10 credit on one. Then, buy another and get another $10 off. It must be done in separate transactions.

DH and I do this every year with the Sam's Club membership/Groupon/Living Social deal. We alternate who the primary is each year and we've never had a problem.

Do you use a new email address for your Sam's membership each year? I've been doing the Groupon deal for a few years now, but I keep having to use a new email when I register for the Sam's membership. We've blown through our primary, secondary and junk email addresses just so we can register as new Sam's members every fall. I'm going to have to use my work email next if I can't figure a way to keep using one of our old email addresses.

Nice! Last time I tried self check out at my HD it wouldnt let me. It's been a long time, maybe I should again
The self checkout looked like the devices were newer. Very easy to use. I purchased 4 $50 gift cards and I asked for them to be paid in separate transactions. Easy, not a problem.

Do you use a new email address for your Sam's membership each year? I've been doing the Groupon deal for a few years now, but I keep having to use a new email when I register for the Sam's membership. We've blown through our primary, secondary and junk email addresses just so we can register as new Sam's members every fall. I'm going to have to use my work email next if I can't figure a way to keep using one of our old email addresses.
Have you tried the Gmail trick? If you have a gmail address you can add a + and other text to make a unique address that still is sent to that Gmail account. Some sites don't consider it a valid email, but it works for most things. (miztressuz+sams@gmail is the same as miztressuz@gmail )
If it won't take the +, can also add a period somewhere in the middle as Gmail ignores special characters. (miz.tressuz = miztressuz) If Sam's isn't on to that, could be an option.

Or open another throwaway email and just forward it to one you'll actually check. There's still lots of free options out there.

It says right on the card "attn cashier: please ring up as "credit" not "gift" " :sad2:

If she rang it up as a gift card then that's probably what the error was. It's not a traditional closed loop card like a BB&B GC would be so it won't work as a gift card. For payment purposes these are the same as Visa GC (just restricted to certain merchants).
I swiped myself and it rang up as a error. As soon as she saw the card and saw I was only buying a giftcard she said no way. Checked quickly with a manager who said no gift card to giftcard. I tried to explain it was a Visa card to be run as credit but it was a hard no. Just moved on.....

Thanks for explaining! At HD, do you just put it in the credit card chip thing like a normal cc? Or do you swipe? No pin needed, I assume?

So please verify:
1.go to Office Depot and buy (2) $25 happy guy cards for $40 (no coupon, correct)
2.go to Home Depot and use the $50 happy guy cards for $50 disney GC (one transaction?)

Did I miss anything? I guess I will skip the RMN part since it may require an ID check.

ETA: Is there a max on the # of happy cards in one purchase at Office Depot?

yes to #1, but I would do two seperate 25$ transactions thru self check. I haven't tried 1 $50 with a split payment but it just seems like it would ask for cashier intervention...something I like to avoid. Haha. I have done 2 repeat transactions back to back and the checkers don't notice/care. Also it is a swipe, no chip.

When you linked your happy to RMN did you use your name as cardholder name? Wondering if I did something wrong in registration.
yup I did. I entered one in my DH's account too with no issues. ....and my daughters :rolleyes1My reward went pending and hasn't posted although it's only been a day so I am not 100% it will work but looks good so far.

I swiped myself and it rang up as a error. As soon as she saw the card and saw I was only buying a giftcard she said no way. Checked quickly with a manager who said no gift card to giftcard. I tried to explain it was a Visa card to be run as credit but it was a hard no. Just moved on.....

I really wish it had some sort of Visa logo on it or something to look more official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!