Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all are amazing! I did the Happy deal on Friday and just ordered GCs from Bjs. Dreading the ticket fiasco tomorrow :sad2:

Staples.com has the $50 Happy Guy Gift cards for $46.79. I know this isn't nearly as good as the 20% off deal that ended over the weekend. Does anyone know of anything to add to the discount ie; RMN, Dosh, etc?

Ugh. I hate that we don't know our exact plans for next summer... We've got APs, but don't know if my inlaws will need 1 day tickets (Epcot), 2 days, hoppers or not... wish we'd known already!

Staples.com has the $50 Happy Guy Gift cards for $46.79. I know this isn't nearly as good as the 20% off deal that ended over the weekend. Does anyone know of anything to add to the discount ie; RMN, Dosh, etc?
RMN has $5 back on $80 online for Staples, could order 2 of the gift cards. Personally I haven't had trouble yet with online orders tracking but I know some have.

The other thing I can think of is the 10% AMEX offers, if you have one.

Just RMN - 2 GCs at $46.79ea = $93.58 OOP, get $105 ($100 GCs + $5 RMN) = 10.9% savings

RMN + AMEX offer - 2 GCs at $46.79ea - 10% back AMEX = $84.22 OOP, get $105 ($100 GCs + $5 RMN) = 19.8% savings

RMN has $5 back on $80 online for Staples, could order 2 of the gift cards. Personally I haven't had trouble yet with online orders tracking but I know some have.

The other thing I can think of is the 10% AMEX offers, if you have one.

Just RMN - 2 GCs at $46.79ea = $93.58 OOP, get $105 ($100 GCs + $5 RMN) = 10.9% savings

RMN + AMEX offer - 2 GCs at $46.79ea - 10% back AMEX = $84.22 OOP, get $105 ($100 GCs + $5 RMN) = 19.8% savings
Thanks! for this... I still have 10% on my Amex.

This would work good if anyone has their Amex staples offer left. It was the 10% statement credit ends 11/30.

Just a reminder, if anyone has plans to go to Disneyworld and hasn't bought tickets yet, tomorrow (Oct. 15) is the last day to buy before all tickets go to seasonal.
Thx. I can't decide what to do. I am getting an AP, as is DD2 (3 in dec). The boys and DH just need tickets for a may trip. They won't come on any other trips. DD2 and I will go down several times b/c DD19 starts DCP in January. So I can either buy them tix today or wait and use her DCP ticket discount. I am leaning towards waiting. Hopefully her discount will negate the increase in ticket cost. So hard to decide.

Last week I bought a $150 pack GC on Sam's.com. Split payment with WM GC and Freedom card. Dosh credited me amount of full order including the amount I put on the Walmart GC.

Today, I tried the same thing. It was a no go. Just got the % back for the amount put on the credit card.

I would assume it was a fluke on the first order.
I have read about that happening several times. Either they have figured it out or it is YMMV.

Some amex biz cards received an offer awhile back for 10% back at staples up to a certain amount. Works on GC.

Disney is the only place that will accept a Disney GC a form of payment.

Disney authorized TA's also accept Disney gift cards. That's how I am paying for our 2019 trip.

We haven't booked out trip yet and will be probably staying off-site for the first time, so it looks like I will buy direct from Disney. I was just checking to see if there was another deal to be had with the GCs. Still got them all for "free" so I'll take it!

Another question: I downloaded the Dosh app and gave it a test run at Sam's on a small item. Got the credit. How does the Uber credit work? Do I need to link the same card to Uber for it to show up as I have in Dosh? I have a travel card in my Uber app right now since I get more points, but I can switch it to the Freedom if needed to get the credits. Has anyone had recent success with Uber crediting after a Dosh/Sam's purchase?

Back a few pages they talk about a deal at BJs Warehouse. They are also a warehouse and qualify for the Discover 5% reward. Right now most of their Disney GC are 8% off ($100 for $92). Way better than Sam's. I had to sign up for an online only membership which cost $10, but only $200 in cards makes up the difference with Sam's 2-4% discount. They have free shipping and my cards are due on Thursday. I just checked and the cards are still 8% off. (no limit)
I’m thinking if this to pay for DDP for the whole family about $3k. Question is best discount is $100 cards but need 30. Disney gift card online states I can only download & consolidate up to a $1,000. It states I can’t reload online. Could I create 3 separate accts on GC site?

I’m thinking if this to pay for DDP for the whole family about $3k. Question is best discount is $100 cards but need 30. Disney gift card online states I can only download & consolidate up to a $1,000. It states I can’t reload online. Could I create 3 separate accts on GC site?
Each gift card has a maximum balance of $1000. You can have up to four (I believe) gift cards saved to your account, each of which can have a balance of up to $1000.

You don’t need to keep the cards on your account on the website in order to maintain their balance. If you have more than the maximum number of gift cards, you can just remove some gift cards from the website and add another new one.

Does that make sense?

You don't need to create additional accounts. Each account is permitted to have up to 5 GCs stored in it. Once you have transferred the balance out of a GC to the primary GC, you can delete the ones with a zero balance and add others. And once you have a combined total of $1K on a GC, you can delete it as well. Just repeat the process of combining and deleting until you have all $3K combined on 3 GCs.

Last week I bought a $150 pack GC on Sam's.com. Split payment with WM GC and Freedom card. Dosh credited me amount of full order including the amount I put on the Walmart GC.

Today, I tried the same thing. It was a no go. Just got the % back for the amount put on the credit card.

I would assume it was a fluke on the first order.
I only got DOSH credit from the amount I put on my Freedom. I ordered a week ago or so.

Hoping things haven't changed (we've been doing this deal for about the past 3-4 years). We're going to have to "renew" our Sam's membership with a new Groupon deal in December so I'll let you know then if I have trouble registering the membership using our previous email.

I thought I'd come back and tell you about my experience this weekend. Like you, we have used the Groupon deal to renew our Sam's Club membership the last 2-3 years. This weekend I tried everything to renew and it kept accepting my purchase and then refunding me.

I have two Groupon accounts and I started with my main one using Swagbucks, paying with Paypal. Refunded
Tried using my credit card. Refunded
Tried not using Swagbucks portal. Refunded
Tried my other Groupon account. Refunded
Created a new account for my husband. Refunded

I have no idea what the problem is. I guessed it was because a year has not yet passed since my last Sam's Club purchase (Oct. 20, 2017) but that wouldn't make sense because my husband's (new) account didn't work, neither did my secondary account.

I'm really at a loss.

On the plus side, I have three Swagbucks Shops for Groupon set to credit in 30 days. We'll see if that lasts. :laughing:

Wanted to check about the BJs cards. If buying online with my Chase Freedom, is that eligible for the 5% bonus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter