Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like Bjs 8% is over. Ended up with $2000 worth . Last batch yesterday, glad I didn't wait any longer.
Bummer! I thought it was until the end of the month. I was planning to get a credit card with 5% bonus on warehouse clubs to maximize the savings.

I have about $3K I need to buy and that's a loss of about $120 :( (8% + 2% Visa -- my current situation) over my 6% AMEX Blue Preferred card at my local grocery store :(.

Bummer! I thought it was until the end of the month.

You're not alone. I just bought some Happy cards, which tracking says should arrive tomorrow. I figured if BBB wouldn't let me convert them to Disney GCs, I'd get in on the BJs deal. I also thought I read it went until the end of the month. Oh, well. My trip is in two weeks, so it's basically paid for already; I was just hoping for some discounted spending money. I'm sure there'll be another deal before the next trip. If this thread has taught me anything it's that good deals come and go all the time.

I think dosh with sams was always a better deal even without Uber. It’s almost 10% off. Or am I missing something?
It's a better deal for sure with Uber and an 8.2% savings from what I figure. My $150 packs are $144.98 at my local Sam's. I went to another Sam's on Saturday and their $150 packs were $142.98 (i think) which I believe is the online Sam's price. Then I also realized my local Sam's has the $50 DGCs for $47.98, which is a better savings than buying the $150 packs at THAT store. :confused3

Does anyone know if Rainforest Cafe in AK accepts Rainforest Cafe GCs? I assume yes, but wanted to check because maybe it's different in the park.

I have a question for the DIS hive mind about Dosh and Sam’s Club. Can I order the gift cards online and get the Dosh credit? Or do I have to go to the store? The closest store is 40 miles away.

Thank you. So, related question: can Rainforest Cafe gift cards be used at Yak & Yeti the way that Buy Buy Baby GCs can be used at Bed Bath & Beyond?

Yes they can! I use all different Landry's brand gift cards at Yak & Yeti and RFC.

The best deal I have found on discounted gift cards when searching is for McCormick & Schmick's. These can be used at Rainforest, TRex and Yak & Yeti.

I have a question for the DIS hive mind about Dosh and Sam’s Club. Can I order the gift cards online and get the Dosh credit? Or do I have to go to the store? The closest store is 40 miles away.

From what I've read here, it can be hit and miss.

Yes they can! I use all different Landry's brand gift cards at Yak & Yeti and RFC.

The best deal I have found on discounted gift cards when searching is for McCormick & Schmick's. These can be used at Rainforest, TRex and Yak & Yeti.

Thanks for the tip! I bought the Happy Kid GCs when they were on sale at Gift Card Mall, so I'm good on discounted GCs for this trip, but I'll look out for that on future trips for sure. Just wish they had some of those restaurants near me so I could get some use at home.

Does anyone know if Rainforest Cafe in AK accepts Rainforest Cafe GCs? I assume yes, but wanted to check because maybe it's different in the park.

I did read somewhere that the McCormick gift cards from Costco which are usually 20% off are no longer valid at Rainforest Café. In past trips any Landry's card was accepted including rewards. I have no idea what thread it was in but someone on the boards called the # on the McCormick card since Rainforest was not listed and they told her it was not valid there. Another posted commented that she was able to use her McCormick card from Costco so I guess YMMV but just wanted to mention it to look into!

Wanted to report in for those using Dosh and have a Walmart participating in the 10% cash back offer. Today I need several things at Walmart and on a whim threw in a $25 Disney GC. I immediately got the 10% cash back on the full purchase amount including the gift card!

I did get Dosh credit from an online Sam's order of just GC's but from reports here, it's YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!