Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, let me see if I'm following along correctly... you're going to buy JCP gift cards at 30% off, use those to buy Amazon gift cards, use the Amazon gift cards to buy Safeway gift cards and then use the Safeway gift cards at the self checkout for Disney gift cards - did I get all of that? When you use your JCP gift cards, are you going in person?
I haven't seen any DPs that JCP allows gc to gc either. We wish!

Are there any current deals for Happy Lady gift cards purchased online? I don't have a BBB near me so I wasn't paying much attention to the posts but now I want to purchase one for a Christmas gift. I was hoping for a $15-$25 card

Are there any current deals for Happy Lady gift cards purchased online? I don't have a BBB near me so I wasn't paying much attention to the posts but now I want to purchase one for a Christmas gift. I was hoping for a $15-$25 card
Idk about doing these as a Xmas gift. We haven't had any cases of "hacked" yet but remember these cards have all the numbers exposed. NBD to snap a picture and use it later online, especially if you had a seasonal job in a warehouse shipping so you know the cards are activated...

Idk about doing these as a Xmas gift. We haven't had any cases of "hacked" yet but remember these cards have all the numbers exposed. NBD to snap a picture and use it later online, especially if you had a seasonal job in a warehouse shipping so you know the cards are activated...

That is true, but if you are ordering them online from staples or gift card mall, the numbers shouldn't be exposed since they weren't in a public place.

I think it is much less likely that the warehouse workers have access to the gift cards, they usually have a few specific people who deal with them since they have to be activated before being shipped out.

That is true, but if you are ordering them online from staples or gift card mall, the numbers shouldn't be exposed since they weren't in a public place.

I think it is much less likely that the warehouse workers have access to the gift cards, they usually have a few specific people who deal with them since they have to be activated before being shipped out.

Hmmm..now I do remember reading that the card # is exposed, but I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to the Happy Card posts. Are there any deals for purchasing the Happy Lady online or any more advice on gifting a card? I was going to get a Sephora card and then saw that Happy Lady has several stores she shops at so thought it would be more versatile than Sephora only.

Hmmm..now I do remember reading that the card # is exposed, but I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to the Happy Card posts. Are there any deals for purchasing the Happy Lady online or any more advice on gifting a card? I was going to get a Sephora card and then saw that Happy Lady has several stores she shops at so thought it would be more versatile than Sephora only.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/safeway-save-on-happy-giftcards-10-15-best-buy/ Says Safeway has a special on Happy cards in general until 12/19. For deals on Happy cards imho your best bet is to follow doctorofcredit.com and us here.

For anyone who has done the Staples deal for Happy Cards, how long did shipping take? I ordered some this morning, but the expected delivery is 12/27! I don't expect them to overnight them to me, but two full weeks sounds like kind of a long time. Is this just Staples being conservative or should I expect a long wait?

So BBB is offering $10 gift card when buying $50 in 3rd party gift cards starting 12/ 15. I get a bonus cash back 15% on the transaction from WellsFargo. Can I use the $10 gift cards to buy more gift cards?

For anyone who has done the Staples deal for Happy Cards, how long did shipping take? I ordered some this morning, but the expected delivery is 12/27! I don't expect them to overnight them to me, but two full weeks sounds like kind of a long time. Is this just Staples being conservative or should I expect a long wait?
I don't have an answer, but I did have a question. How are they being shipped to you? Is it USPS or UPS? I was planning on ordering a couple, but we have a hold on our mail until the 24th. If they're shipped USPS that'll be fine, but I don't want to find out they're shipped UPS and they end up coming early just to sit on our porch.

So BBB is offering $10 gift card when buying $50 in 3rd party gift cards starting 12/ 15. I get a bonus cash back 15% on the transaction from WellsFargo. Can I use the $10 gift cards to buy more gift cards?

This will be very YMMV. I think some people have posted that BBB's "official" policy is that you can do gc to gc purchases, but many stores do not allow them. The reason the Happy cards work so well is that they run like credit, so you self-swipe and it goes through like any other credit card. If you look back at accounts from late October, you'll find that there were some people who were shut down - hard - for trying to buy with Happy Cards, even being accused of criminal activity. The few who have had the BBB GCs be able to be used for a GC purchase have sometimes had to go as far as getting the district manager involved to override the store manager and cashier. Not worth it to me.

So I personally would not try it. Or try it, but be willing to say, "oh, sorry, I didn't know," and drop it. I've had good luck with HC at my BBB, and I'd rather use the store credit for something in store, rather than draw attention to myself when I'm buying GCs. There's so much variety, you can even use it to stock up on basic items like laundry detergent, hand soap, tampons, etc.

I admit, when I thought BBB was all sheets and shower curtains, I was annoyed at having random $10 stuck on some HC I bought (it was a $60 for $50 HC, but because of the denominations of the gift cards, I bought $50 and had $10 left on the card), but then I looked at what the store has, and realized there are some useful necessities. Plus, you can stack with the 20% off one item BBB coupons that they always have running. I'm off to BBB today to get ODS a Harry Potter insulated Tervis mug for Christmas.

Oh, nice. I have 30% on WF Rewards. Guess I'll be doing three transactions.

I don't think you have to wait with the online deals, as long as you can click through the link again.

This should be correct. I have done 2 online Sam's offer in 1 day. It is a limit of 3 per month on the same offer.

I ordered mine on 12/5 and they arrived 12/10.

I don't have an answer, but I did have a question. How are they being shipped to you? Is it USPS or UPS? I was planning on ordering a couple, but we have a hold on our mail until the 24th. If they're shipped USPS that'll be fine, but I don't want to find out they're shipped UPS and they end up coming early just to sit on our porch.

Pretty sure mine came via USPs in a large padded envelope and inside was a white envelope with the Happy cards.

Last edited:

I just looked on Staples website, and it says:
  • Included in the gift card purchase price is a $1.99 Secure Shipping Fee. This covers trackable shipping through the US Post Office, to ensure safe arrival.

I just looked on Staples website, and it says:
  • Included in the gift card purchase price is a $1.99 Secure Shipping Fee. This covers trackable shipping through the US Post Office, to ensure safe arrival.

I saw this too but once I added 2 of the $50 cards to my cart the shipping fee went away because I met the staples min requirement for free shipping and that's probably also why it was sent via fedex.

ETA: it was not sent via fedex but usps

Last edited:
I don't remember exactly how long mine took to come last time I ordered online, but it definitely wasn't two weeks. Maybe one week? I imagine you'll be fine since you're ahead of the Christmas holidays. That could be why it's showing so long, if it's counting business days only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter