Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Add me to the list waiting for Dosh and Sams.

I searched, but couldn't come up with any hits. Does Shop Smarter work for purchasing gift cards? Shop Smarter offers 10% cashback at Sam's. You have to pay for a trial, but it would still be a larger savings than anywhere else I've seen so far.

I'm guessing not, because it seems too good to be true!

In case anyone is wondering if Dosh is running a Sam’s Promo they just haven’t advertised, they’re not. Went there tonight and got the normal 2%.

Yeah, totally false advertising when I got the Dosh email yesterday for "Special Presidents' Day Offers + Extra Cash Back"... checked the app and absolutely nothing different. All the same offers showing and I didn't even see anything with extra cash back. So far Dosh has not been good for me, I'm still waiting on my $20 for signing up for a Sam's membership (it's stuck in Pending, I'll be filing a ticket soon) and there's not much else I use on it. I'm sure something will come up eventually but just not feeling it at the moment.

Yeah, totally false advertising when I got the Dosh email yesterday for "Special Presidents' Day Offers + Extra Cash Back"... checked the app and absolutely nothing different. All the same offers showing and I didn't even see anything with extra cash back. So far Dosh has not been good for me, I'm still waiting on my $20 for signing up for a Sam's membership (it's stuck in Pending, I'll be filing a ticket soon) and there's not much else I use on it. I'm sure something will come up eventually but just not feeling it at the moment.

Mine hasn’t credited yet either. I’m at 27 days.

My RMN offer for Sams Club never went pending either. Purchased GCs on 2/12. Likely I’m just an aberration since everyone else seems to not have an issue. The good news is FedEx delivered the GCs this morning!

So, whats the best deal going to get $2,000 in GCs in a month, no Sams/Bjs membership? Target 5%, BB SB(closest BB is 15 mins away, so not very convenient) or credit card points is all I can come up with...

Last edited:
So, whats the best deal going to get $2,000 in GCs in a month, no Sams/Bjs membership? Target 5%, BB SB(closest BB is 15 mins away, so not very convenient) or credit card points is all I can come up with...
Target 5% unless you can have a credit card that can get you more than 5% somewhere that sells gift cards.

I'm in the same boat, we leave on march 11th and there hasn't been any good gift card deals lately. I look at the target red card deal as the absolute last resort. I wouldn't call it a boycott but I haven't given target any business since they closed the gift card loopholes.
If nothing better comes along, I will buy my gift cards at the grocery store with my discover for 5% back and extra gas points.

I'm in the same boat, we leave on march 11th and there hasn't been any good gift card deals lately. I look at the target red card deal as the absolute last resort. I wouldn't call it a boycott but I haven't given target any business since they closed the gift card loopholes.
If nothing better comes along, I will buy my gift cards at the grocery store with my discover for 5% back and extra gas points.

Yep, we leave on March 8th and I've been holding out hope that a deal comes up. Lookng like it'll be Target 5%. Fingers crossed something comes up though!

Do you have Kroger or an affiliate near you? They are running 4x fuel points on gift cards through 2/19. If you maximize the fuel rewards (35 gallons at a time), you can get a 14% savings. Combine with CC points and you can get an even higher return. You would have until 3/31 to use all the fuel points if you bought them now. Based on the price of gas right now that would be 4 35 gallon trips. We do it by filling DHs truck plus bringing gas cans with us to get to the 35 gallons. I've heard of other people bringing two cars to the pump.

Do you have Kroger or an affiliate near you? They are running 4x fuel points on gift cards through 2/19. If you maximize the fuel rewards (35 gallons at a time), you can get a 14% savings. Combine with CC points and you can get an even higher return. You would have until 3/31 to use all the fuel points if you bought them now. Based on the price of gas right now that would be 4 35 gallon trips. We do it by filling DHs truck plus bringing gas cans with us to get to the 35 gallons. I've heard of other people bringing two cars to the pump.

Unfortunately we do not. Thanks for the suggestion though!

The best deal is BB Swagbucks - that pays out at 7.5% + CC Rewards, but that is capped at $100/day. So, you would need 20 trips.

As an alternative to Target, you can also get an online BJs membership. I think it's only $10/year. BJ's has a discount for 4%. If you have a good CC rewards, then it may be worth it to compensate the $10 membership fee and the 1% less in discount.

Keep in mind, you don't have to use just one strategy. E.g., you could go to BB 4 or 6 times and use target or BJ's for the rest.

The best deal is BB Swagbucks - that pays out at 7.5% + CC Rewards, but that is capped at $100/day. So, you would need 20 trips.

As an alternative to Target, you can also get an online BJs membership. I think it's only $10/year. BJ's has a discount for 4%. If you have a good CC rewards, then it may be worth it to compensate the $10 membership fee and the 1% less in discount.

Keep in mind, you don't have to use just one strategy. E.g., you could go to BB 4 or 6 times and use target or BJ's for the rest.

Thanks so much for taking the time to type all that out. As of now, its looking like I will do some BB (when I am in the area) and some Target.

Just returned from Smith's (Krogers). I bought the last 2 happy guy GC yesterday (4X) and they haven't restocked. So just grabbed a $50 DGC but only 2X points. Points are points. Use AmEx Blue Card for 6% (grocery) reward. It all adds up.

Thanks so much for taking the time to type all that out. As of now, its looking like I will do some BB (when I am in the area) and some Target.

I should also add, for the BB, you also get an extra 2% just based (or occasionally 3-4% such as this weekend) on the base spend amount. However, that will take a month to post. You also get whatever BB rewards there is, but you can't use those for GC. The other 7.5% is an extra bonus that you get for triggering the $100 threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!