Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney GC from Sam's Club has increased in price? Didn't the $150 pack cost $142.98 online? It's showing as $144.98 online for me now.

Oh no. I just started doing this deal again since my June trip is coming up. Yesterday, I bought $100 to test it since I did hear rumblings in several groups that bonuses have not been posting. Hopefully it is just taking extra long and the deal isn't dead.
We’ll know it’s dead if someone gets the bonus on a non-gc purchase so that’s the other DP to watch for.

ETA: uh-ho. I just noticed the fine print on the bonus code says the points will post in 2-5 days. Darn...

I posted a few days ago that mine from April 10 hadn't posted yet (and still hasn't). It doesn't usually take this long! I bought on 4/12 and 4/13, too. Dang and I was just starting to save up for my next trip.

Those with 5% at office store credit cards might make even more. Dosh just announced Staples for 3%. It will have to tested to see if that works with gift cards. But that will add up quick if it does
Is this for online or in store only? Unfortunately we dont have a Staples store nearby

Those with 5% at office store credit cards might make even more. Dosh just announced Staples for 3%. It will have to tested to see if that works with gift cards. But that will add up quick if it does

Just saw this. Noticed Sam's now is missing the % and just has $5 back on a membership. Anyone else see this?

Went to Sam's today (got my 2%) back from Dosh. But I've yet to see an uber credit. I saw mention here uber at Sam's was possibly 20% back now. Poking around on the app, I don't even see a section for visa local offers anymore. Am I just missing it??

For all those who are upset about the loss of the bonus SB at BB, just remember that it appears that we are still getting the shop credit. I use my “free” SB money to buy gift cards and right now, BB is the only place I am aware of that I can EARN money with the purchase of a gift card. The bonus was a great added bonus, but the extra 2% rebate/earnings is still a nice perk.

Reminder about Best Buy certs: apparently the total cost of items must be higher than the certificate you’re using not counting tax. (BB doesn’t charge tax on the amount you purchase with a cert.)

We’ll know it’s dead if someone gets the bonus on a non-gc purchase so that’s the other DP to watch for.

ETA: uh-ho. I just noticed the fine print on the bonus code says the points will post in 2-5 days. Darn...

Back in January, I had a Swagbuck bonus for 750 points post on 1/2/19 for a purchase on 12/1/19 - That is 32 days later. Sometimes it just takes longer than usual to post.

Gift cards are also a financial liability. They have your cash but you haven't exchanged it yet for merchandise. Until that happens, they have to carry the liability of holding that money "on account" for you. This is why so many companies used to push so hard to expire them out if you didn't use them.
In this case though I don't believe BB is holding onto the money so it's not their liability. The 3rd party GCs are sold from Gift card Mall, so my understanding is that money is remitted to them once the sale is completed and BB just keeps their cut. Kind of the best of both worlds for them. It would change once the rewards expended outpace the profits made from the sales, but personally I think we have time on that.

It's always said that, doesn't keep them from being late. Keep the faith :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!