Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, that's terrible news. So it's like 2 EVER? That really really sucks. I have been saving up Sam's gift cards to buy my disney ones with, have about $500 worth. That must be why the stores quit carrying them, so they could limit them. :sad:
What's weird is that I have bought close to 15 of the $50 cards over the past 2 months. I saw on FB that it's happened to other people and they were able to buy the $50 ones again after a few weeks. I didn't know if anyone here has experienced this... I guess I'll just have to buy the $75 ones for now, just a pain to enter 3 $25 cards!

What's weird is that I have bought close to 15 of the $50 cards over the past 2 months. I saw on FB that it's happened to other people and they were able to buy the $50 ones again after a few weeks. I didn't know if anyone here has experienced this... I guess I'll just have to buy the $75 ones for now, just a pain to enter 3 $25 cards!
I had this problem a while back... it seemed to be that I bought 5 in one order which was the limit that triggered it. It went away after a month or so. As long as I dont get exactly the limit in a single order I've been fine ever since.

HappyCards back in stock for those who couldn't take advantage the other day. Just bought 2x $100 Happy Guy... one on each Amex. Already got the emails from Amex that the offer was used! :)

Can the HappyCards be digital or are they mailed? I am always afraid of physical cards getting lost in the mail then being out the money because nobody will take responsibility

I received this odd email ad from shop Disney this morning. Reduced price on DGC from $29.95 to $25.00. Only for e-gift cards.
Never seen a "$29.95" e-GC online and never paid a shipping charge for e-cards. So what's the deal?

Attachments

• DGC.PNG
    DGC.PNG
    150.5 KB · Views: 47
They emailed me and said the prices of the things in my cart had dropped. They didn't. They raised the prices then crossed it out, brought the stuff down to the price it has been since I put it in the cart. Including the $25 gift card which is now $25 again. :sad2:

They emailed me and said the prices of the things in my cart had dropped. They didn't. They raised the prices then crossed it out, brought the stuff down to the price it has been since I put it in the cart. Including the $25 gift card which is now $25 again. :sad2:
I got it too. I had a $500 one in my cart a while back and got the same email. trying to make you think your getting a bargain so you buy it maybe?

So question for you guys regarding disneygiftcard .com. I used it last trip to collect all my small gift cards onto one. My "primary" card has been sitting there on the site (empty) since 2016. Do you all think it's safe to continue using that as my primary one and start loading it up for transfers for the upcoming trip or would you start a new primary card?
I have in my possession 2 new $50 cards from Sam's and a $25 from Kroger. Also in my possession is the previously used empty "primary" card. It was convenient to use as the main because it isn't the usual mickey art gift card, it has the fab 5 riding a rollercoaster as the art - easy to distinguish.

I saw some comments about maybe a data breach and so just want to be as safe as possible. Most of the early funds will come right off to pay towards the trip balance but once that is paid off, any new monies will be stacked up on the card and left for dining in the park & incidentals ON the trip.

Thanks for any advice!

So question for you guys regarding disneygiftcard .com. I used it last trip to collect all my small gift cards onto one. My "primary" card has been sitting there on the site (empty) since 2016. Do you all think it's safe to continue using that as my primary one and start loading it up for transfers for the upcoming trip or would you start a new primary card?
I have in my possession 2 new $50 cards from Sam's and a $25 from Kroger. Also in my possession is the previously used empty "primary" card. It was convenient to use as the main because it isn't the usual mickey art gift card, it has the fab 5 riding a rollercoaster as the art - easy to distinguish.

I saw some comments about maybe a data breach and so just want to be as safe as possible. Most of the early funds will come right off to pay towards the trip balance but once that is paid off, any new monies will be stacked up on the card and left for dining in the park & incidentals ON the trip.

Thanks for any advice!
I was worried about that , i went ahead a booked a trip and moved most of the money to the trip, under advice from another disborder, i can move the dates later if necessary. We have a few cards i left them on the site i feel safer with the cards on the site. If i remove them and lose the card that would be bad

I was worried about that , i went ahead a booked a trip and moved most of the money to the trip, under advice from another disborder, i can move the dates later if necessary. We have a few cards i left them on the site i feel safer with the cards on the site. If i remove them and lose the card that would be bad
Take a photo of the back of the cards, with all the numbers clearly in focus. Always keep a blank one on hand. If you lose the plastic card just log in your blank as the primary and transfer the photo information to the blank.

If you’re going to WDW for food and wine and have an AP, there is a special $100 gift card you can buy at Epcot that comes with a bonus $10 e-gift card that can be used at certain TS restaurants. We used them at Biergarten and Rose and Crown. We used our credit card for an extra 2%. So, total discount was 12%.

edited,we used the gift cards to pay for our resort bill. I waited too long to build up a stack of gift cards before we arrived.

If you’re going to WDW for food and wine and have an AP, there is a special $100 gift card you can buy at Epcot that comes with a bonus $10 e-gift card that can be used at certain TS restaurants. We used them at Biergarten and Rose and Crown. We used our credit card for an extra 2%. So, total discount was 12%.

edited,we used the gift cards to pay for our resort bill. I waited too long to build up a stack of gift cards before we arrived.
This is what we did when we stayed for the hurricane. We bought $1000 in gcs so got $100 in free gcs. We used the $1000 for our hotel charge and on a cc that we were meeting the MSR on.

We just used the free $100 in gcs at le cellier. Our meal was $30 after those gcs and we got to use the AP discount with it. We normally wouldn’t eat there but how can you pass it up when it’s $30? Lol

Thanks for any advice!
There has never been a confirmed data breach. We’ve had two people far apart claim data breach but when it’s only one it’s pretty obvious they got hacked somewhere, not the Disney website.

I would have no qualms using an old card that’s been sitting in my Disney gc account.

Take a photo of the back of the cards, with all the numbers clearly in focus. Always keep a blank one on hand. If you lose the plastic card just log in your blank as the primary and transfer the photo information to the blank.
Nope. Unless you’re using a non-internet connected camera then cool, otherwise you’re trading one potential data breach for another. “I lost my Disney gift card because my Apple account got hacked!” is not what you want...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!