Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
BJ's has a GC sale. They list the$500 Disney card but it's still showing 479.99 (and all others are normal too). However, they have Uber, Starbucks, Hotels .com, Southwest, Delta, and Amtrak (amongst others) with discounts. Nothing seems to be at all time lows, but better than normal discounts.

$200 Southwest, 10% off, 179.99
$500 Delta, 6% off, $469.99
$250 Delta, 6% off, $234.99
$50 Starbucks, 12% off, $43.99
$100 Hotels .com, 12% off, $87.99
$25 Uber, 12% off, $21.99
$50 Amtrak, 14% off, $42.99

Also showing a $100 Vanilla Visa GC for $101.95. Normally it's a 4.95/5.95 activation fee, so a $3/$4 discount. This is the first time for me that I've seen a Visa as part of their sales so maybe better deals to come for the holidays?

Some of the other discounts are Darden, Fanatics, Ulta, Cold Stone, so there's a mix of stuff out there.

Thank you for posting this! 10% off a flight for 4 is very helpful (Southwest Airlines)! I was just beginning to th8nk we would be paying retail for it :::gasp:::
I used the deal bj’s had a few months ago and bought 4 of the $200s. Southwest only allows 3 forms of payment on a transaction. So if your total flights costs more than 600 you can only use 2 200’s and you have to put the balance on a single form of payment. Otherwise you need to split of the reservations. I ended up booking 2 one way trips and using 2 gc on each reservation. That way I only have to check in once each direction.

Target sent out a promo code with the latest mailing updating debit card rules/etc. It's easy to miss, so make sure to open the envelope to get the coupon. It offers an additional 5% on top of Redcard discount. Expires 10/26/19

I received the extra 5% coupon from Target. I needed $8000 of gift cards total for 2 families. Was going to do it in 2 transactions. A few days ago I completed the first transaction for $4000 worth of gift cards.
$4000 - 5% coupon=$3800.
$3800-5% Red Card discount = Total cost $3610

I got another coupon with a different code today, and wanted to do the second transaction for $4000 of gift cards. The new code didn't work for gift cards. I tested the coupon on a TV and it worked. So do we think that they changed the terms in the last few days? I understand that it states "No Gift Cards" and also understand that Disney gift cards code as Entertainment Cards. My issue is it worked the other day, and not today.

Thoughts?

Target sent out a promo code with the latest mailing updating debit card rules/etc. It's easy to miss, so make sure to open the envelope to get the coupon. It offers an additional 5% on top of Redcard discount. Expires 10/26/19

On the back it states that gift cards and prepaid cards are excluded. I don't know if this means all gift cards or just their own, but I thought I'd point that out.

eta: I have a $100 Disney card in my Target cart right now and it appears that they are going to give me the extra %5 off of it. But I haven't actually checked out yet, so I'm not 100% sure if it's going to work or not. :)

Last edited:
Anyone try using the 10% off one item, B&M coupon in the Target wallet that showed up today? Says it excludes GCs but we all know, YMMV

Last edited:

So I am like 99% sure last time I got a visa gift card from Swagbucks I used it to buy a Disney gift card from the Disney store online... but I just tried with two more in separate transactions- they both went through and then a few days later got rejected saying they can't verify the address associated with the cards or something like that- I am insane and this has never worked? any suggestions where to use them to get Disney gift cards?

I use the VVs to buy GCs from Sam's club through Ibotta for the little extra cash back.

(sorry for the back to back posting, I couldn't get it to let me edit the original.

I received the extra 5% coupon from Target. I needed $8000 of gift cards total for 2 families. Was going to do it in 2 transactions. A few days ago I completed the first transaction for $4000 worth of gift cards.
$4000 - 5% coupon=$3800.
$3800-5% Red Card discount = Total cost $3610

I got another coupon with a different code today, and wanted to do the second transaction for $4000 of gift cards. The new code didn't work for gift cards. I tested the coupon on a TV and it worked. So do we think that they changed the terms in the last few days? I understand that it states "No Gift Cards" and also understand that Disney gift cards code as Entertainment Cards. My issue is it worked the other day, and not today.

Thoughts?
I don't think they changed the terms, more likely they accidentally didn't exclude the GCs on that batch. More likely a system error in our favor and it'll be YMMV on the coupons.

Were both coupons from the same thing? The 5% one from the mail only good through the 26th?

I don't think they changed the terms, more likely they accidentally didn't exclude the GCs on that batch. More likely a system error in our favor and it'll be YMMV on the coupons.

Were both coupons from the same thing? The 5% one from the mail only good through the 26th?

Yes, it was the same coupon. 5% off from the mail with expiration on 10/26. I got another one from a friend.

I can confirm the 5%+5% coupon from Target worked for me this morning. I put $1000 worth of GCs in my cart and added the coupon code. The cart showed 5% off (-$50), then when I entered my REDcard another 5% came off, but off the new subtotal (5% of $950 = $47.50). I saved a total of $97.50. Thank you to the OP! This savings helps so much.

Darn, I either threw it out, missed it or didn’t get it.

I got a target email yesterday for 10% off one item good until 10/26 but says “ in store only”

I have that too but I want to know how it works. I want to pick what it comes off of and it not combine with the starbucks carthwheel offer I also have. I like to get my drink first.

I tried to fgure out how it works yesterday but didn't find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter