Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO I have the chase offer on one cc, and no membership. Would it make more sense to buy the groupon than use the amex offer to become a member? Again,I won't use it much but I could stock up on a few gc with the sale and break even...correct? I can't see any sale prices on gc since I'm not a current member right now tho

I bought 6 happy cards at Stop & Shop during the first 3days and got the $20 off groceries along with the $10 off groceries with the happy card digital coupon. happy cards. However, I do not really consider it a full 30% off since Stop & Shop is usually way overpriced compared to Shoprite. I consider it closer to 23%. I never feel these grocery discounts should be counted at full value because most of the time you end up buying something or stocking up on something which could be gotten cheaper somewhere else. Just my opinion.
unless you appl y that coupon to a sale item and then you're ahead. S&S has sales that put things on par with,say Aldi - if you shop carefully (Which I don't bother with mostly b/c ther'es no point,except in this season) I need to head over today and get a couple.

For those interested in using the BJ's deal and don't have membership, you can sign up for the online membership for free for 1 day. If you cancel within the first 24 hours, you do not get charged the $10 yearly fee.

https://bjssupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033181291-1-Day-Shopping-Pass-for-BJs-com
THANK YOU...... do you think this will work on gc purchases for their sale? The sale is tomorrow online, correct? so if I did this today I should be able to see what's offered?

Just to confirm, you were able to get the coupon buying Disney gift cards? When I went last week the cashier checked with the service desk and they didn't *think* those counted....
Yes. The ad in the flyer states any gift card, below it lists the exclusions, S&S cards, Visa, MC.

Just to confirm, you were able to get the coupon buying Disney gift cards? When I went last week the cashier checked with the service desk and they didn't *think* those counted....

In regards to stop and shop offer: Yes, I went yesterday and purchased 2 in separate transactions and received 2 $20 coupons off grocery. I went this morning with 3 transactions. The first 2 contained about $20 in grocery and another $100 GC. The last was just another $100. The 2 with the groceries proceeded and 2 more coupons received. The 3rd (that was a sole GC purchase) did not. The problem with the last was I forgot to scan my SS card again before the transaction. They sent me to customer service and the lady said it happens, we are just giving people $20 in cash! So....that last one was a big score!

THANK YOU...... do you think this will work on gc purchases for their sale? The sale is tomorrow online, correct? so if I did this today I should be able to see what's offered?
replying to myself. joined for one day...so far I don't see a big sale on anything,perhaps it won't show with just this....

Note this offer is regional, you either get $20 off your next purchase or gas. Check your local ad.
Here's a closer look at the fine print.

Take your receipt back, go to Customer Service and get your $20!

I need to try to more than one. I have gone to the store twice and only did one at a time. I feel like such a scammer doing it more than once. However my local store was wiped out of Disney cards so I guess someone else already did it.
Thankfully I have two more store on the way to work so I’ll get a few today on the way to work.
It definitely feels weird at first. I go to this Stop & Shop a lot so I am a familiar face and know who I should/shouldn't go to. There is one cashier I avoid at all costs!

In regards to stop and shop offer: Yes, I went yesterday and purchased 2 in separate transactions and received 2 $20 coupons off grocery. I went this morning with 3 transactions. The first 2 contained about $20 in grocery and another $100 GC. The last was just another $100. The 2 with the groceries proceeded and 2 more coupons received. The 3rd (that was a sole GC purchase) did not. The problem with the last was I forgot to scan my SS card again before the transaction. They sent me to customer service and the lady said it happens, we are just giving people $20 in cash! So....that last one was a big score!
WOW, this is pretty great!

SO I went to S&S got 2 amazon $100 gc.... ds bought first card, I could see coupon on slip at bottom. then I gave cashier 2nd card, and used same cc to buy the 2nd. No coupon on bottom of this slip. UGH. went to service desk- showed her 2nd slip,said no coupon came with it (didn't mention 1st purchase) lady said "it's only cards pictured here" I said,it can't be,it only excludes the 3 exclusions, and it says 'and more' she was a bit brusque about it but handed me a $20 bill instead of the coupon saying " code hasn't been working well this week". No idea if it was limited to one purchase per person, or a glitch, but it ended well since I went back to store, got my OG turkey on sale among other items needed for a total of $6 so I'm happy.( bill reduced from $63.xx to final owed $6.xx) I use amazon more than disney gc at the moment.

ah I just read this after I posted! my DS was talking about criminal activities lol

Is it really only $10? You might want to poke around for the free 3 month membership. We received a card in the mail for it.

Yes - sale starts Friday.

This is what I had gotten a couple months or so ago. I made sure to wait until the latest date possible befote i activated it to be sure I had it for black Friday.

Thats great they did that! I forgot to use my card yesterday and didn’t even think to go to customer service. Just accepted it as my mistake and moved on.

Does anyone else have the BoA cc double CB % offer? I think I should be eligible for DGC from BJ's (2+2 for wholesale stores purchases) @ $100. x 6.5% x 2% x 2% = 89.80.? I'm hoping, I didn't see a GC restriction.

I don't see your question answered. I love Math so here is what I see if you have to pay the $10 online membership fee for BJ's......
at BJ's $600 in gift cards will save you $36 minus the $10 enrollment fee = $26 in savings
at Target$600 in gift cards will save you $30.
You are better off buying at Target with 5% off unless you can get the 1 day free online membership at BJs, in which case you would save $36 that way.

I think you missed one thing. At BJ's you are also getting the extra 2% that your credit card gives you back (I am assuming everyone on the disboards has at least one credit card like the citi doublecash that gives you 2% back everywhere). At Target that is already part of the 5%.

So, if you bought $600 at BJ's you would pay $600 - $36 = $564 and now subtracting the 2% back from the credit card $564 - $11.28 = $552.72 +$10 fee = $562.72 for a savings of $37.28 which is a little more that the Target $36.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter