Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned that you think you may have been scammed. Where did you originally buy the Happy Cards.....was it a reseller of GCs or direct from some store?

First, thanks to everyone for your suggestions and input. To address some of them:

I bought the cards one or two years ago, so I can't recall where.

I was able to use some for buying Disney Gift Cards and HD - sometimes they worked, sometimes they didn't. I tried them multiple ways and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason. Earlier this year I did call HG and confirmed my balance and was told that the HD people just didn't know how to ring them up. I decided to stop trying to buy gift cards and just use them the next time I made a big purchase at HD. That time came a few months ago, and that is when nothing worked even bringing in the store manager at HD.

So I tried to call HG again, and now I am unable to reach a live person. The number that I have for them only goes to a place you an check the balance (and I have confirmed the balances on my card).

If anyone knows how to reach a live person at HG please tell me!! THIS IS WHY I THINK I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED!! I have a product that doesn't work as intended and no way to address it with the people who sold it to me.

I do believe I tried to use them at HD online, but there was some info they needed - I think it was my "billing zip code" that I was unable to provide given it was a prepaid debit card.

First, thanks to everyone for your suggestions and input. To address some of them:

I bought the cards one or two years ago, so I can't recall where.

I was able to use some for buying Disney Gift Cards and HD - sometimes they worked, sometimes they didn't. I tried them multiple ways and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason. Earlier this year I did call HG and confirmed my balance and was told that the HD people just didn't know how to ring them up. I decided to stop trying to buy gift cards and just use them the next time I made a big purchase at HD. That time came a few months ago, and that is when nothing worked even bringing in the store manager at HD.

So I tried to call HG again, and now I am unable to reach a live person. The number that I have for them only goes to a place you an check the balance (and I have confirmed the balances on my card).

If anyone knows how to reach a live person at HG please tell me!! THIS IS WHY I THINK I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED!! I have a product that doesn't work as intended and no way to address it with the people who sold it to me.

I do believe I tried to use them at HD online, but there was some info they needed - I think it was my "billing zip code" that I was unable to provide given it was a prepaid debit card.
When you call the number, does it say that you have the correct balance? If so, and if you want to use them online at HD, you enter the card as a credit card. They're not like prepaid debit cards that need to be registered. The tel # on my card is 855-606-3494.

Super excited! I just got a flyer in the mail for DVC with a promo for a free $25 gift card. I was on the phone for maybe 10 mins at the most and I should have my GC in about 2 days.

That's fantastic!

I got the same flyer. I was wondering if that would impact your ability to get a gift card with the full tour on site? I've heard that some of those offers can be really good.

Can someone explain Fetch Rewards to me? I keep seeing it mentioned on this thread and others and I've never heard of it.
It's a receipt app - you buy certain brands and upload your receipt to the app for points. They also introduced Fetch Pay where you get points for buying GCs within the app (but you can only use checking account/debit, no CCs). And they have a prescription drug coupon service, through singlecare, where you earn points for prescriptions filled using the coupon code.

You then turn your points into GCs. Disney is not a direct option but Walmart is and for a few more points they have virtual Visa/MCs. Receipt Hog is/was a similar app; can't think of the other popular one. Fetch accepts receipts from grocery, warehouse, mass-market, convenience, pet and home improvement stores.

Other receipt scanning apps in addition to Fetch and Receipt Hog are ReceiptPal (any & all), Coinout (any & all) Ibotta (mostly grocery) Checkout 51 (mostly grocery), and Trunow (gas stations).

That’s great!
Did you buy over $5,000 worth of gift cards? And also wondering if it was exactly 7% or 6.5% as many were quoted by the b2b department a couple of months ago.
I still need to purchase about $3k for my upcoming trip and might go this route.
thanks!

I did buy much more than $5k. I'm not sure where the threshold is

I just received my order from BJs. What is odd is the barcode says Sam's Vendor Stock/ Sam's Club item. They are still valid though

Fair Warning:

We just got back from our week long trip at Universal. I purchased 4 - $100 Visa Gift Cards and 1 - $100 MC Gift Card from Kroger during 4x Fuel points. During resort check-in I gave the TM all GC's and the MC went through but the Visa's did not. The manager held onto to the Visa cards and confirmed they had $100 balance on all them but Universal could not get the $400 amount applied to our bill. They called and even gave the phone to DH to verify but they still refused to release the full amount. We're short $8.64 that may not sound like a big deal but it affects our overall savings on the cards.

4462: $50 + $36.12 + $12 = $98.12
4454: $85 + $12.75 = $97.75
4744: $85 + $12.75 = $97.75
4470: $85 + $12.74 = $97.74

$391.36 - $400 = -$8.64

Now I have 4 Visa's with small balances on them. Can someone please explain how I can add them to Amazon?

Fair Warning:

We just got back from our week long trip at Universal. I purchased 4 - $100 Visa Gift Cards and 1 - $100 MC Gift Card from Kroger during 4x Fuel points. During resort check-in I gave the TM all GC's and the MC went through but the Visa's did not. The manager held onto to the Visa cards and confirmed they had $100 balance on all them but Universal could not get the $400 amount applied to our bill. They called and even gave the phone to DH to verify but they still refused to release the full amount. We're short $8.64 that may not sound like a big deal but it affects our overall savings on the cards.
View attachment 457110

4462: $50 + $36.12 + $12 = $98.12
4454: $85 + $12.75 = $97.75
4744: $85 + $12.75 = $97.75
4470: $85 + $12.74 = $97.74

$391.36 - $400 = -$8.64

Now I have 4 Visa's with small balances on them. Can someone please explain how I can add them to Amazon?

Ugh that stinks! I've been able to buy small balance Amazon gift cards. So just go to their gift card page, click enter amount, enter what's left on your GC purchase the gift card and add it to you gift card balance if you have one.

I did buy much more than $5k. I'm not sure where the threshold is
That is really annoying! I emailed and called those B2B guys and was told they weren’t offering anything over the 6% available online. I would have bought $5k but we ended up buying less at the 6%.

Ugh that stinks! I've been able to buy small balance Amazon gift cards. So just go to their gift card page, click enter amount, enter what's left on your GC purchase the gift card and add it to you gift card balance if you have one.

So I can add all the small balances on my 4 - Visa's gc's to purchase one small amount Amazon GC? Just want to make sure, still not feeling 100%.

So I can add all the small balances on my 4 - Visa's gc's to purchase one small amount Amazon GC? Just want to make sure, still not feeling 100%.
You basically just add to your Amazon credit balance one card at a time. FYI you can also use them at Costco checkout. Their registers will drain them one by one.

You basically just add to your Amazon credit balance one card at a time. FYI you can also use them at Costco checkout. Their registers will drain them one by one.
^ What @pillow said you add them one at a time and it will accumulate to one Amazon credit

I'm actually scared they will be declined at Costco due to the fiasco at Universal. What I don't understand is even after DH spoke to "Prepaidgiftcards" , Univeral could not get the full amount off the Visa's. The TM made the call and handed the phone to DH all was suppose to be good but nope! :sad2:

I'm actually scared they will be declined at Costco due to the fiasco at Universal. What I don't understand is even after DH spoke to "Prepaidgiftcards" , Univeral could not get the full amount off the Visa's. The TM made the call and handed the phone to DH all was suppose to be good but nope! :sad2:
It doesn't hurt to try if you want to use them at Costco. Have you tried calling since to see what the issue was/is? I can't say I'm surprised because we've had issues with prepaid visas/mastercards/amex in the past but nothing like what you've gone through. I'm trying to rationalize it but I can't seem to.

It doesn't hurt to try if you want to use them at Costco. Have you tried calling since to see what the issue was/is? I can't say I'm surprised because we've had issues with prepaid visas/mastercards/amex in the past but nothing like what you've gone through. I'm trying to rationalize it but I can't seem to.

DH has to call them as the cards are in his name and they refused to talk to me at Universal. I was really pressing the issue as to why they did not release the full amount. Anyway, they did tell him they would but in the end they didn't as shown on the invoice I posted. The female agent was speaking English but in a foreign accent and the connection was horrible. Hopefully we can get this resolved.

I'm still not sure about how to apply them on Amazon, yes I'm a slow learner but I have an excuse 457137

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter