Disney Gift Cards

Prose

DIS Veteran
So I know that you can use Disney gift cards onboard at the shops, but can you use them to pay down your cruise fare? Do you do it online or do you need to call? We've convinced friends to take their first DCL cruise, and their daughter can get gift cards through her school's scrip program. Thanks!

So I know that you can use Disney gift cards onboard at the shops, but can you use them to pay down your cruise fare? Do you do it online or do you need to call? We've convinced friends to take their first DCL cruise, and their daughter can get gift cards through her school's scrip program. Thanks!

Yes, you absolutely can use Disney gift cards to pay the cruise fare. I always go through a travel agent so I'm not 100% if you can apply the gift cards online, but I'm fairly certain you can.

Yes, you can use the gift cards to pay for the cruise (as long as they are not Disney STORE gift cards). Yes, you can do it online (that's what I did), or call to apply them. Unless you've used a TA to book the cruise, then you have to give the TA the card numbers and they transmit them to DCL for payment. One note, if you do it online, you can only enter like 4 or 5 at a time.

Also you can't technically use them at the shop on board, all charges go toward your account, and then you apply the GC to your account.

Also you can't technically use them at the shop on board, all charges go toward your account, and then you apply the GC to your account.
Well, I've seen reports that the gift cards can be used directly in the gift shops. Maybe it depends on how the CM is feeling at the time?

Well, I've seen reports that the gift cards can be used directly in the gift shops. Maybe it depends on how the CM is feeling at the time?
That could be. We always give the kids gift cards before hand they always just make us go put them on the account. Honestly Ive never understood that.

My DD used a gift card in the shop last week. There was no questioning of it whatsoever. We were on the Wonder ship. No way would I give a kid charging privileges with my credit card.

I bought Disney Gift Cards at Target for their 5% discount, then I applied them to my Disney Vacation Account. I then used my funds in my DVA to pay the rest of our cruise off. Every bit of savings add up :-)

You can definitely use the gift cards to pay down your cruise fare. I've made all my payments with them. You can combine the gift amounts (up to $1000 on one card) at Disneygiftcard.com before applying them to your cruise total, which I find easier than trying to pay small amounts at a time on the Disney cruise website.

You can definitely use the gift cards to pay down your cruise fare. I've made all my payments with them. You can combine the gift amounts (up to $1000 on one card) at Disneygiftcard.com before applying them to your cruise total, which I find easier than trying to pay small amounts at a time on the Disney cruise website.
didnt know you can combine Disney gift cards!! When did they start doing this?

didnt know you can combine Disney gift cards!! When did they start doing this?

I'm not entirely sure when it started, I saw it as an option on the site a few months ago and used it to pay our deposit to book our cruise! :)

I also cycle these gift cards through our Disney Vacation account and get an extra 20$ for every 1000 we spend. Every little bit helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter