Disney Gift Cards

mschaber

Earning My Ears
Can I add Disney Gift Cards to my onboard account once I board the ship and use those for everything from tips, gift shop purchases, and excursions - or are there exceptions to what those can be applied to?

Can I add Disney Gift Cards to my onboard account once I board the ship and use those for everything from tips, gift shop purchases, and excursions - or are there exceptions to what those can be applied to?
Yes, you can. Go to guest services once on board and apply the gift card to your account but make sure to keep the gift card as they re apply any unused money back onto the cards.

Have a great trip :)

Don't wait too long. Usually they will charge your credit card a night or two before the end of your cruise.

You can (and, in most cases, must) use your onboard account for everything purchased onboard, including excursions, tastings, adult dining, and items from the shops. Tips are also charged to your account, as is any additional gratuity you choose to add by going to Guest Services. You can apply a Disney Gift Card to your account by going to GS. The only costs for which you don’t the onboard account while on the ship are cash tips to room service. (I think if you are getting beverages or other room service items that have a cost, you can put the tip on your account when you sign for the charged, but I have not done that.)

So, yes, your plan should work. You may want to check what has been charged to your account and present gift cards only up to that amount. Keep in mind that refunds (if, for example, an excursion is cancelled at the last minute) will be applied to the card used for the original charge, so be sure to save the gift card(s).

I take my Disney GCs to Guest Services on day 5 (after any excursions) and pay off the bill as of that moment. @VTNuke is correct in that they start charging your credit card way before the end of the cruise. And keep that GC until you know the cruise is over and the balance is zero, never know if they credit you for some reason and you ditched the card. I actually keep the card and just reload it for the next cruise: www.disneygiftcard.com

You can also combine them into one (or two or three is your total will be over $1000) using disneygiftcard.com and then call to buy onboard credit beforehand. It’s simple and would save you having to go to guest services.

Can you just present your gift card and use it directly to pay for items, such as in the gift shops and drinks and the bars? Or, do all purchases need to go through your room card?

Can you just present your gift card and use it directly to pay for items, such as in the gift shops and drinks and the bars? Or, do all purchases need to go through your room card?

I know they used to accept Disney gift cards in the onboard shops - not sure if that has changed recently or not.

All other charges are solely through the key card account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!