Disney Gift Cards

Sajchinook2015

Mouseketeer
I have trip coming up with my mom and sister. This trip has been 2 yrs in planning. All 3 of us have received Disney gift cards for birthdays, xmas etc. my questions is how to use them at the restaurant. If the bill is 110.00 dollars and we give them 3 cards of $50.00 each what happens to the balance on the one card. And then can we use the remaining balance on the next meal.

Or is it best to use only 2 cards and charge the remaining balances of $10.00 to the room? Does it make it difficult for the server to figure it out.

We would be putting a debit card on file but don’t want the whole meal charged to the room.

Thanks

I have trip coming up with my mom and sister. This trip has been 2 yrs in planning. All 3 of us have received Disney gift cards for birthdays, xmas etc. my questions is how to use them at the restaurant. If the bill is 110.00 dollars and we give them 3 cards of $50.00 each what happens to the balance on the one card. And then can we use the remaining balance on the next meal.

Or is it best to use only 2 cards and charge the remaining balances of $10.00 to the room? Does it make it difficult for the server to figure it out.

We would be putting a debit card on file but don’t want the whole meal charged to the room.

Thanks
Last trip we used gift cards to pay for food and it was quite simple. Using your monetary example, say, we gave them a $500.00 card and the bill was $110.00. The server took the card, processed the charge and returned the card as well as a receipt with the new balance written on it. If we chose could have added the tip to the gift card but for some odd reason I refused to question (I choose my battles with care:D) the man preferred to pay the tip in cash. The entire process was easy peasy and will be the same for you except the server will run more receipts since you are using multiple fifty dollar cards.

They will be fine with 3 gift cards and like you said one will have a balance to use on the next meal :)

If you go to the Disney gift card website, your an combine the gift cards together, up to $1000 each. This way you have less to carry around/keep track of.

Can you add the gift carts to your magic band?

No but you can pay your “magic band bill” at your resort with gift cards - that what we tend to do. Stock up on gift cards from target or BJs before we go then out last night head to the front desk and pay off our “magic band bill” as much as possible with gift cards. This way I don’t worry about losing a GC in the park (which we have done )

No but you can pay your “magic band bill” at your resort with gift cards - that what we tend to do. Stock up on gift cards from target or BJs before we go then out last night head to the front desk and pay off our “magic band bill” as much as possible with gift cards. This way I don’t worry about losing a GC in the park (which we have done )
Just a note: the resorts will start charging your card every 5 days, and then check out, instead of only at check out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter