Disney Gift Cards

crazyfordisney2000

DIS Veteran
So I’ve purchased 4 - $50 gift cards so far and registered them on the gift card website. It says I can combine them? Does this work? Can you make a gift card that was originally $50 when purchased in store and change it to $100?

So I’ve purchased 4 - $50 gift cards so far and registered them on the gift card website. It says I can combine them? Does this work? Can you make a gift card that was originally $50 when purchased in store and change it to $100?
Yes, you can! You just designate one card as the main card and then transfer the balanc s to it from the others. Transferring is an “all or nothing” procedure, meaning that you cannot transfer part of a GC’s balance.

Yes, as @Marionnette, you just transfer the balance from one card to another. I've done it many, many times and in fact, I did it not 5 minutes ago.

You do not have to register each card though in order to transfer the funds. You only really need the one. When you go into the transfer option, it will list your registered cards and then says

OR

Enter Card Information

If you hit that blue button, you'll be asked to enter the account number and security code for the card you want to transfer the funds FROM, and you'll be able to select the registered card you want to transfer TO.

It's very simple.

Note, that an individual gift card can only have a max of $1000 on it. If you're going to do more than that, you'll need to put those additional funds on another card.

You really don't need to keep all those cards registered, one you've transferred the funds. You can remove them from your account.

That said, it's a good practice to have a second (empty) card on your account. Should you discover that you've lost your giftcard (or even if you *think* you have), it takes less than a minute to log in to your giftcard account and transfer all the funds from the list card to the other one.

I have 4 special cards that I've picked up over the years and those are the ones that stay in my account and that I always bring with me.

Steve

I just received an email from Shop Disney saying receive 25% off orders on $100 or more. I thought FANTASTIC! I'll purchase a $100 GC and use my Disney Visa Card. Well it does not apply to Disney Gift Cards. Sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!