Disney Girls Trip: 3 Days of Madness in Dec 2019 TR (Updated 3/2/20)

I'm late to this party but just found your TR. What a packed trip as always, your stamina continues to amaze me!! But looks like a lot of fun was had!! We will be there in March as well, staying offsite though with some Disney newbies so it's gonna be nuts!! Exciting about your cruise too - would love to hear about that!!

Awwww...thanks Kathy and glad you joined in and responded. I'm starting to finally do a little more planning for the March trip since we are only 6 weeks away from it. I'll post a quick update...and I'll definitely do a report on my Europe and Cruise trip here too!

So quick update...I finally have most of our March trip narrowed down including resorts...yes plural...we have to do 2...but it's all good. The first night is just a short stay anyway. I'm still working through the details of the Europe trip...it is a lot to go through and a bit overwhelming but I'm working through it. I've created a new TR (Link below in my sig) for our March 2020 trip...so I'm signing off from this one!

Ok this trip report is really wrapped up here with my last two entries. In other exciting news, I did buy tickets YESTERDAY for our March trip but many details are still unknown right now. We are probably NOT going to do any Disney parks but will be doing Disney restaurant meals as that is our main goal. I think right now we are thinking of spending a day at BG Tampa and a day at Seaworld at least. Where we are staying is still up in the air. I may start another TR for that one though...just not sure where it will be with our agenda not really focused on the Disney parks.
Once again I have to give you a :worship: for being in Orlando and not doing any Disney parks! I just can't do it lol. In fact the day we get back from our cruise in April I asked the kids if they wanted to do Busch Gardens or Universal - and they both said nope a Disney park.
Honestly I wasn't feeling the need to go to cold and rainy weather and I was sure my kids also wouldn't be enjoying it.
I hear you, lots of people aren't sure about Alaska and Canada cruises for that reason but I have to say I think those are two of the best, most interesting itineraries! I haven't had any clients do either, especially Alaska, and not absolutely love it. But there's always the future!
apparently they can be rejected if they don't have at least 6 months before expiration
100% yes, passports for most destinations must be valid for at least 6 months after travel.

Putting together itineraries for Europe is a lot of work but have fun! I'm doing Iceland, Greece, and Italy now for clients and it's definitely lots to go through with so many choices and options.

Once again I have to give you a :worship: for being in Orlando and not doing any Disney parks! I just can't do it lol. In fact the day we get back from our cruise in April I asked the kids if they wanted to do Busch Gardens or Universal - and they both said nope a Disney park.

I hear you, lots of people aren't sure about Alaska and Canada cruises for that reason but I have to say I think those are two of the best, most interesting itineraries! I haven't had any clients do either, especially Alaska, and not absolutely love it. But there's always the future!

100% yes, passports for most destinations must be valid for at least 6 months after travel.

Putting together itineraries for Europe is a lot of work but have fun! I'm doing Iceland, Greece, and Italy now for clients and it's definitely lots to go through with so many choices and options.

It is by no means EASY to stay away from the Disney parks...I think DH could tell this week I might be waivering a bit on that for this March trip...but we'll see. My kids are fine with any of them, but they are thrill ride junkies so the other parks certainly hold their interest, though I know they still love Disney...thank goodness.

I definitely think Alaska will be in the future...but probably after retirement when we can do it right and not have to drag along the kids who I just don't think have an interest.

"Europe is a lot of work" OMG understatement...but I am enjoying it. I think I have a pretty good rough itinerary put together right now but it is always subject to change. We may be doing a more Greece-centered cruise now with only 2 Italy ports, but I kinda feel that I'm sure Venice is nice but I really think Rome will hold more interest for us so I'd like to spend more time there maybe before the cruise...our original cruise was a Venice - Rome trip. Since I have plans for Disneyland Paris before and then another island in Italy afterwards, we'll get our fill of all of those places, plus a most likely stop in London overnight for the flight home.

We may be doing a more Greece-centered cruise now with only 2 Italy ports, but I kinda feel that I'm sure Venice is nice but I really think Rome will hold more interest for us so I'd like to spend more time there maybe before the cruise...our original cruise was a Venice - Rome trip.

You probably know this if you are into the planning for an Italy trip, but just in case you don't - be aware that Rome is NOWHERE near what they call the "Rome" cruise ship port - Rome is not on the ocean! It's actually in a small town called Citavecchia that takes about an hour train ride if no delays - to get into the center of Rome - so make sure you take that into account. The cruise ships do excursions to Rome from that port - but it's pretty silly because you don't have much time actually "IN" Rome because you have to get back to the ship. Would highly recommend more time there before or after the cruise - we spent a whole week in Rome alone in 2016 and still didn't see it all. Same for Venice.

You probably know this if you are into the planning for an Italy trip, but just in case you don't - be aware that Rome is NOWHERE near what they call the "Rome" cruise ship port - Rome is not on the ocean! It's actually in a small town called Citavecchia that takes about an hour train ride if no delays - to get into the center of Rome - so make sure you take that into account. The cruise ships do excursions to Rome from that port - but it's pretty silly because you don't have much time actually "IN" Rome because you have to get back to the ship. Would highly recommend more time there before or after the cruise - we spent a whole week in Rome alone in 2016 and still didn't see it all. Same for Venice.

Thanks so much for looking out for me but I'm well aware that the port and the main city are a decent ride away. We plan to arrive in Rome a few days early, do some sightseeing there, and only head to the port on the morning of the cruise, probably via some form of public transport/rideshare. Of course all of this may not matter as right now we are in serious talks about cancelling this trip. We have valid concerns that we will not be able to go as planned due to travel restrictions and at least if I cancel the cruise (the only thing I've actually booked right now) I'm only out $125 total instead of the $900 or more that I'd lose if I cancelled beyond this month.

I'm not happy about it but need to do the best thing for the family right now. Believe me I'm keeping an eye on things and if there is any way we can still make this happen we will do so, but we may end up booking it last minute...which actually could work in our favor.

As a consolation my DH says he'll happily do a Disney cruise that has a Castaway Cay double-dip instead. :)

DINING PLAN DILEMMA

So I'm still waiting for SOG to contact me about tickets. I got an automated email that they received my form...I don't know if that was from the one I emailed or the one I faxed because I sent it both ways. Hopefully they will contact me today about processing my order.

In the meantime, over the weekend I started to seriously look into the idea of booking a dining plan for our upcoming trip. We have two SIGNATURE meals planned while there...and I think we could probably save some money by booking the Deluxe Dining Plan for our timeframe, even if we only did one night. With 3 different hotel reservations right now (first night there are 2 rooms with 2 of us in one room and 4 in another, night 2 and 3 we are all 6 in one room) I can choose just how much I want to spend. I have to run some numbers but I truly think with those expensive meals at play (Jiko and Flying Fish) it would save us some money. I have until 2 days before our trip to decide...so about 2 weeks...to add it to our room reservation. I just have to figure out which one.

Reactions: DLo

I'm not happy about it but need to do the best thing for the family right now. Believe me I'm keeping an eye on things and if there is any way we can still make this happen we will do so, but we may end up booking it last minute...which actually could work in our favor.

As a consolation my DH says he'll happily do a Disney cruise that has a Castaway Cay double-dip instead. :)

Yeah I totally get the hesitation. Although if you don't cancel and it isn't safe to go, they will cancel it and you'll get a refund anyway. But I know the uncertainly is terrible.

I can only imagine how many travel agents who have booked clients for travel to these overseas destinations are receiving either calls for concerns or about cancellations. Since we are only on the hook for the cruise right now, and I can always reschedule, it just makes sens to cancel now and maybe book later when things improve. We really do want to go...but I can't chance losing several thousand if we are told we can't go (and not by the cruise line cancelling...I understand that would be covered).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter